Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. R M MeyyappanYour feedback matters!
Sir, yesterday evening while I was urinating, much strain was imparted inside my penis due to sudden sizing. After that bleeding occurred just a slide. Now every time during urination I am feeling uneasy. Suggest me what should I do.
Hi, stomach is not clear now days n after pressure there is reddish sperms in last stage of urination, please suggest.
Sir, How to control adult bed wetting for 23 year old? She has done sonography as said by doctor but it turned out to be normal report. The doctor recommended D-presses but it also did not turn out that effective. Please help.
What are the reasons of kidney stone. I have 7.2 mm stone in my kidney .plss tell me solution of this problem. I'm used many ayurvedic medicine .plz tell me solution of this problem .without any surgery.
Urine incontinence, no control on urine, frequent urination, after urinating and coming back from washroom few urine drops comes out automatically. Weakness sleepy whole day. Night fall daily, early ejaculation. Not yet married.
I am 24 suffering from prostatitis. Doctor give me 3 months of ofloxion 400mg. And veltam0. 4. I am 0n 77 day of antibiotic and 14 days left. But some irretation on bladder. I feel urine in bladder. What should I do.
What is the treatment for Rectal prolapse? Is any non surgical treatment availability. please inform.
I do not know why there is odour arising from my vagina. Everytime I urinate, I rinse that portion with water, I change underwear everyday, I also drink lots of water. What am I doing wrong?
Please help with the diet for my father as currently he is going through dialysis for kidney failure and not able to eat anything and even he is having trouble in laying down flat. He is sleeping while sitting.
My father affected by hcv genotype 1a virus. Now he's doing dialysis. Is there any best medicine to recover him. And when we can do kidney transplant.
A kidney transplant is a procedure that employs an operation to transplant properly functioning kidney in the body. The main job of the kidneys is to remove the excess waste from a person’s body with the help of a filtration process. When the kidneys stop filtering the toxins properly, they become diseased as harmful waste products and toxins begin to accumulate in the body. Following this, the patient has to go through treatment measures like dialysis or kidney transplant.
Read on to know the five things you should keep in mind about a kidney transplant.
- Treatment: Transplant is one of the best ways to treat chronic kidney disease stage-V, until unless it is contraindicated. Life becomes near normal after transplant, though there is a possibility of rejection of transplant kidney. Patient has to take immunosuppressive medication life long.
- Medication: Medications are mainly for:
- To prevent rejection: Patient takes immunosuppressive medications life long.
- Prevention of infection: Patient has to take care all the measures to prevent infections as they are more prone to infections.
- Other medication: To control diabetes, HTN etc.
- Family Only: The donors are from family or emotionally related or cadavers (after brain death). HLA-matched donors are better because of less chances of rejections and first reduction of immunosuppressive.
- Doing Your Part: Once transplant is done - patient becomes normal and he/she lives a normal life. However, they have to take regular medications and to protect themselves from various infection.
- End Stage Renal Diseases: These diseases includes diabetes mellitus, HTN, polycystic kidney disease, chronic glomerulonephritis or interstitial nephritis etc.
Consult a Nephrologist before going for renal transplant for detailed check up or line of action.
Bladder cancer is characterized by irregular growth of abnormal tissue (tumor) on the lining of the bladder. This type of cancer may spread to the surrounding tissues or other body parts as well.
What are the causes?
Bladder cancer can be caused by environment-related factors and smoking. In fact, smoking tobacco is one of the major causes of bladder cancer around the world. The chemicals present in tobacco can irritate the bladder lining which ultimately leads to bladder cancer. It may also be caused by continuous exposure to chemicals such as dyes or leather dust and radiation. These chemicals tend to cause unusual changes in the cells of the bladder lining and causes cancer in the bladder.
It can also be caused by modifications in the dna in the cells of the bladder which may impair the functioning of the cells in the body. This can cause mutations in the bladder resulting in cancer.
What are the symptoms?
1. Presence of blood in the urine, often painless
2. Feeling of pain while passing urine
3. Back pain
4. Excessive urination
5. Infections in the urinary tract
6. Lower leg swelling
7. Pain in the bones, especially in the pelvic area
8. Weight loss
Treatments for bladder cancer depend on the stage of the cancer. The various treatment choices are:
Surgery - In some cases, these cancers are surgically removed by a surgeon. A type of surgery used is transurethral resection of bladder tumor (turbt) where the cancer cells are destroyed with laser by passing a thin fiber into the bladder.
Chemotherapy - In this method, medications are used to target and destroy cancer cells.
Radiation therapy - Radiation therapy uses rays such as x-ray or uv rays to destroy cancer cells in the body
Immunotherapy - This treatment boosts the immune system of the body so that it attacks the cancerous cells in the bladder.