Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. P. ThirumalaiYour feedback matters!
Good evening, I've been suffering from thyroid for 10 years, it is increasing day to day, at present am taking 150 4 days 250 3 days, could you please give suggest a good doctor in hyderabad?
I am a 64 years old man I am suffering from heart blockage. According to doctor's advice I have to do 2nd bye pass surgery but due to want of money I could not it. Please advice what should I do.
I am 52 years old, I have hypertension, iam using medicines and it is under control. I am getting more sleep. While reading, doing work I am getting sleep. Kindly advise me to get rid of this unusual sleep.
I want know about how reduce headache and I have low bp, and my nails become White patches. I am getting sleep early.
I am a 55 year old men and have bp from last 20 years and also have back pain from 10 years. Please advise me.
Dear doctors. I pay for a cardiologist in Lybrate. Doctor say the first degree av block may be reason of a heart failure. Are you Agree. All the reports are normal. Only first degree av block PR240.
Good mrng sir/madam. My grand father age is 80 years, he is having sugar, bp, heart and kidney problem, now he is using these tablets Sompraz-D 40mg AB phyllin Cinod 5mg nikoran 5mg Metpure xl 50mg Clopilet A 75mg L-Montus Neurexforte Urimax D Tonact 20mg Now the problem is on foot he is small injured, I applied H2O and povidine iodine ointment but it is no use, now I am thinking to apply pentids 400mg tablet, sry for using telugu words at injured place so much pain, vaapu vochindi, chimu pattindi, gaggonda kuda vochindi, fever also added please tell me the tablets, can I use pentids 400mg tablet at injured area.
I have a medical on next week and I have a problem of high bp. Can I take a medicine before medical?
I have high BP problem, Then how can I control this thing without medicine, because my age is only 23 Please update regarding this.
I have done lipid profile. My T. Cholesterol is 210. Tg is244, hdl is 44.3. Should I take medicine for it or walk and diet pls suggest.
One of the essential chemical processes within the human body is that of the oxygenation of the blood. This needs to be done to carry oxygen to the various vital organs and also continue with many of the essential functions within the body.
The lungs are responsible for transferring oxygen throughout the body, and the malfunctioning of lungs may cause many issues with the normal functioning of the processes. A common ailment that affects the lungs is pulmonary fibrosis, also known as idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis or scarring of the lungs.
What is Pulmonary Fibrosis?
Pulmonary fibrosis is the scarring of the tissues inside the lungs of a patient. This scarring results in the development of excess tissue, which causes the walls of the lungs to thicken, giving rise to breathing difficulties.
Some of the symptoms of pulmonary fibrosis are-
- Shortness of breath
- Pain in joint and muscles
- Continuous dry coughing
- Inability to exert or take even the slightest bit of physical strain
- Lack of appetite which results in unintentional weight loss
- The rounding of finger and toe tips, which is known as clubbing
Pulmonary fibrosis has various stages and thus, it is important to detect it early or else it can put stresses on other vital organs.
Some of the causes for it are mentioned below:
- Smoking - Cigarettes, cigars, and beedi are a leading cause of pulmonary fibrosis as they directly affect the lungs by depositing harmful chemicals and thus, cause scarring.
- Environmental or occupational hazards - People working in a heavy glass or dust particulate environment such as in heavy industrial factories are also susceptible as they breathe in the particles, which may cause scarring.
- Medicinal triggers - Certain medications can be a trigger due to hormonal or other physical changes and as a side effect may cause scarring of the lungs.
- Genetic factors - Certain people are genetically predisposed to this condition if multiple members within the family have it as well.
- Acid reflux diseases - Certain acid reflux problems may also cause scarring when drops of stomach acids enter the lung through the esophageal tract. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.