Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Lakshmi Devi GYour feedback matters!
Eating healthy and maintaining a happy number on the weighing scale is stuff that dreams are made of - or so you thought! It is never too late to get on to the weight loss bandwagon in case you have a few extra pounds that you are not too proud of. But the concern is how to get rid of the pesky extra kilos in a smooth sailing and effortless manner?
Well, that's easy - take these diet ideas and lose weight effortlessly even as you eat healthy!
- Shop Right: Get nutrition right by first of all shopping right. When you fill your kitchen and pantry with healthy food, remember that good food choices will automatically follow you. So, ditch the packaged food and go for fresh ingredients that can help you cook up a storm even as you get aromatic and rich homemade flavours, right on your table. And remember there is nothing better than the satisfaction of a home cooked meal at the end of the day. Throw in some organic grains, put out the brown bread, and get yourself some fresh tasting ingredients to make a pasta sauce from scratch or prepare a salad dressing in a matter of minutes.
- Smaller Crockery: Are you guilty of overeating? The real culprit might just be your crockery - or rather, its size. Try taking on smaller portions with smaller bowls and plates. This will ensure that you take smaller heapfuls by default, and before you know it, your stomach will be full!
- Smaller Meals, Bigger Effect: You may have heard this being said many times, but it is true. The trick is to pace your metabolism and throw small quantities at it, so that it is easier to break the food down faster. Take at least five to six meals in a day and watch how soon your tummy starts to shape up and lose its flab.
- Mental Hunger: Hungry for a snack and ravenously so? Well, it may be time to tackle that pesky mental hunger. Begin by taking a few glasses of water and then give yourself a few nuts like almonds as well as some raisins. Keep these kinds of snacks handy so that you can pass your time when you are bored or even anxious, without overeating and putting on excessive kilos.
- Vegetables and Fruit: A good dose of fibre can help in tightening your contours because these digestive fibres are well known for flushing toxins out of your system and breaking down the food really fast!
So get on the effective diet bandwagon and banish those fad diets from your menu, today! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.
I am 29 years old. I M a pharmacist I M having irregular periods n spotting. Doctor prescribed me tab Duolton l for 3 months. On my 8th day of period. But is it OK to take that? Because I am having really heavy bleeding on 8th day. 1st 7 days it was moderate bleeding. Will it stop my bleeding. Or should I first take tranexa.
I am 32 yr old woman and trying for baby from last 6 months but not able to conceive. My menstrual cycle is regular ie 28 days but remains only for 2 days. Please help me with your advise.
In some women, the periods cease suddenly. After a year of no menstruation, a woman is said to have gone through menopause. Menopause usually occurs between the ages of 45 and 52, although in some it may start as early as the late thirties and early forties. The symptoms of menopause are many, and most women go through a body and mind altering period during menopause.
Homoeopathic remedies offer a completely safe treatment for the various symptoms of menopause. Homoeopathic remedies for menopause are made of natural substances and have no side effects at all.
Symptoms of menopause
All women have to go through menopause, but it affects each woman uniquely. The symptoms of menopause may range from hardly any to severe ones. The common menopausal symptoms may be divided into three categories:
Physical symptoms: hot flushes, osteoporosis (weak bones), weight gain (obesity) and hair loss.
Mental symptoms: depression, mood swings, anxiety, irritability, sleeplessness.
Local symptoms: vaginal dryness, loss of libido (sexual desire), excessive vaginal bleeding (flooding).
Homoeopathic treatment for menopause
As the controversy regarding the use of hormones for treating menopause deepens, the need for a completely harmless treatment becomes stronger than ever. Talking about safety, the homeopathy provides natural ways to treat menopause and is completely safe with zero side effects. The natural homeopathic medicines are of great help in dealing with various symptoms experienced by women during menopause.
My periods are late. I want to come them because I do not want to get pregnant now. Any home remedies for this.
Helo doc. I am really worried about my virginity. I did not had sex and I did not used any tampon etc. But I could not see hymen. Whenever I see I only see a white thing covered. Where is my hymen? How does it look.
My wife is pregnant. Scan done on 21.12.2016 show its 7 weeks n 3 days .expected delivery date given is 6.08.2017. I would like to know probably on what day she conceived. Pls suggest.
I am married for 1.5 years, since January we are trying for a baby but unable to conceive. Please suggest some vitamin supplements which could help me to conceive early. I do not have any period problem. I have regular periods. Pls help.
Manju is having blood in urine from today morning and she is having problem passing Urine from 1 week.
HI I'm 23 years old female. I'm trying to get pregnant from last 6 months. Before marriage I'm getting regular periods. After marriage whenever I have Intercourse with my hubby my periods will come on that month 15 days late. That means 45 days once. How to get pregnant. Pls reply ASAP. I'm facing problems in my family.
I had unprotected sex with my gf and she missed her periods. We also dis the pregnancy test which showed negative. Periods were to come by 23 but they have not came yet and we did the test on 27th may. Now we will be doing a test on Friday i. E on 3rd June. What if that test comes out to be a positive. We don't want the child. Is it possible to do abortion through pills and not through operation. Please suggest me.
With all the parties, late nights and heavy food, the festive season is notorious for weight gain. Along with a decorated tree, Christmas is synonymous with Christmas cake that tastes wonderful, but does nothing for your health and waistline. Store bought Christmas cakes are loaded with sugar and hence if possible, it is always better to bake your Christmas cake at home. As with any other type of food, home cooked food is always healthier than store or restaurant food. This is because you get to control the ingredients of your cake.
So here are a few tips on making a healthy Christmas cake:
- No added sugar: Unlike other cakes, Christmas cake does not really need additional sugar as the fruit inside it adds natural sweetness. Do not sprinkle the fruit in, but maintain a high ratio of fruit to flour. You can include all types of dried fruits, berries, apricots, dates, prunes, pineapples etc. in your cake. Traditionally, these fruits are used in their candied form, but for a healthier version of this cake, try using them in their natural or dehydrated form.
- Almond meal: If you buy a cake, it is likely to be made with refined flour. Refined flour has negligible nutritional value, but is very high on calories. Hence, when you’re baking a cake, consider replacing this flour with almond meal. Almond meal is lower in calories, gluten free and adds moisture to the cake. It is also rich in vitamin E, magnesium and potassium.
- Fresh fruit juice: Along with the pieces of fresh and dried fruit, the juice is also an essential element of Christmas cakes. Avoid opening a can here and instead use freshly squeezed juice as far as possible. Fresh fruit juice has no added sugars and is loaded with vitamins as compared to canned juice. It is also free from preservatives. You can also include the pulp that is extracted while juicing fruits like oranges into your cake.
- Coconut oil: A little oil is a must in cakes to make them moist and spongy. Replace your refined oil with coconut oil when baking a Christmas cake to make it healthier and more wholesome. Coconut oil has a high level of good cholesterol and when used wisely can also reduce the accumulation of fat in the body.
- Sides: Christmas cake is usually served with custard or ice cream; both of which are loaded with sugar and are unhealthy. Consider replacing these sides with natural yoghurt that has been sweetened with a drizzle of honey. Alternatively, you could also try some flavoured greek yoghurt and almond flakes. This will make your dessert light on the stomach and easier to digest.
Sir , we got married recently , we would like to know which is the safe method to avoid pregnancy for next 3 years. Condom is bringing down the excitement during sex. Can you suggest something ?
Sir my wife platlate count allays 70000-80000 I am found this problem sice 2012 pregnancy time, all doctor tried to increase the platlate count but that time not increase, docter says after delivery she will fine, but stil her platlate count not increase. She is fete and normal no any problem but any suggestion? regards .
Haviing pcos for more than 7 years got married no baby for 2 years what kind of treatment to overcome this problem?
About 70% of your health is what you eat. A few commonly used herbs and spices present in the kitchen have surprising but impressive health benefits.
1) mint - with the highest amount of antioxidant amongst foods, mint is used to get rid of common cold, allergies, indigestion, and irritable bowel syndrome. It also helps cool and heal the skin when added to oil, lotion or ointment.
2) turmeric - apart from adding colour and flavor to our foods, turmeric is used to cure gallbladder disorders, heartburn, stomach pain, diarrhea, arthritis, skin inflammation, wounds and even a sore throat.
3) ginger - ginger is commonly used to treat all sorts of stomach problems like post surgery nausea & vomiting, upset stomach, diarrhea, colic, motion sickness, etc. Ginger oil is said to relieve pain and when added to hot beverages esp. Tea, it also soothes a sore throat.
4) basil - basil has anti-aging properties and is rich in antioxidants. It reduces inflammation & swelling and can relieve gas & soothe upset stomach.
5) garlic - not many might know that garlic is a herb and very good for health. It is used to treat conditions like high cholesterol, heart diseases, high blood pressure, osteoarthritis, diabetes, and, cold & flu amongst many others.
6) oregano - apart from adding amazing flavour to food, oregano helps in treating respiratory tract disorders, menstrual cramps and urinary tract disorders. Rich in vitamin e, iron, omega fatty acids manganese, iron and fiber, it is also applied topically to treat skin conditions, mainly dandruff and acne.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Prostatitis is only one of several causes of sexual pain in men. If you are experiencing sexual pain, which can include pain in the penis, testis, or pelvis area that occurs during sex, while ejaculating, or after sex, it could stem from a variety of causes.
Sex is supposed to feel good, so it can be particularly worrisome and stressful when it hurts, and it can affect your intimate relationships. The causes of sexual pain can be medical, structural, or psychological. Here’s a look at six causes of sexual pain, also known as dyspareunia:
- Actue Bacterial Prostatitis
- Acute Prostatits
- Alcock Syndrome
- Neurogenic Bladder