Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Lakshmi Devi GYour feedback matters!
I had my period on 17/12/2015 and I had sex on 23/12/2015. Now will I get pregnant. I'm worried. Please advise.
I am 15 day pregnant one year before I have taken mifepristone abortion pill and now I am also going to take it again suggest me it's side effects and what will happen in future will it affect my health or fertility as m taking second time.
I get one or the other inflammatory infection. Is it a sign of any upcoming major disease? Few months back I got treated with inflammatory lymph node. Now I m getting treatment for h pylori. My ESR level is 30. Pls show way to fight inflammation in body.
Hi. In case I have unprotected sex with my boyfriend, is there any pill that I could take within the next few hours or something like that to not get pregnant? I've heard of iPill a lot. Will that do or is there any other medicine that you could suggest? I'm even asking in case his condom breaks which scares me equally and I've heard of such mishaps happening often and I really don't want to get pregnant. So please help.
Dear sir/Mam My wife getting conceived. Now 14th week going on. This is G2A1 conceived. So my doctor prescribed natural micronised progesterone tablet 200mg via vaginal inset for one month. This safe or not. Please clarify me. Thanks in advance.
I donated blood 4 days back and since them i've been feeling extremely fatigued day after day. My hb level was 12.9. Im feeling shortness of breath just by sitting or standing. My legs feel restless. I lost 2 kgs. Im an early riser but for the past 2 days I can not seem to get out of bed. I fall into a deep sleep at least for 2 hrs. I had low bp 4 months back. Im also having my periods now.
I am 29. Pregnant of 42 days. And used last evening a mifepristone 200 tab bt still not bleeding or pain started. So what should I do. If I continue misoprostol 200 of 4 tablets after 48 hours by orally or vaginally. Pls help.
1) Period k 4 th day (no bleeding) Mai sex krne se pregnancy aaskti Hain? 2) jab panis se sperm vigina me out hoti hone k bad jab kuchh time bad penis vergina se nikl aati Hain tab kuchh sperm Bahar nikl jati Hain Aysa hone se pregnancy possible hota hain?
I had sex on 13th july, half of the time we used protection and half of the time did not, first time all the semen was into condom and the second time we started without protection and he did not cum though! I was expecting my periods on 14th july or 16th july and I am not down yet it's 19th july now. Can I get pregnant and yesterday I bleed a little. But yesterday I was suffering from an infection also.in which I was just peeing continuously and it was burning there so I used a ointment 'gentalene' which cured it. Really confused bleeding was because of this infection or can I expect periods.
I am 31_years I hv diabetes after periods also I hv bleeding nt much but daily y vl dis happen .recently wen I visited my gynaecologist she suggested me to undergo scanning. Report says that I hv bulky uterus and stones in gall bladder. She suggested me to get gall removed. Then wat abt bleeding which is quite regular.
Hello sir, I had a protected sex with my partner and there is delayed in her periods so is it a point of worry for me. I Am serious for her but I don't want kids yet. So suggest me some thing that everything goes on track again.
My uterus and ovary all are normal and periods correct. When I went to hospital my doctor advice me premence capsule for 15 days. I have pms problem every month. This month I am using premence capsule. My period is late 4 days. Nipples pain occurred . Is this a reason due to medicine my period is getting late.
How to calculate ovulation date? if m having irregular period cycle. Which is some times 35-36 days or some times 30-32. In this case my period date was 6 th march then 11th april n this month was 9 th may. M trying to conceive. Please guide me.
Hi I am 30 years and wife also, we have a 15 months daughter. Before delivery our sex life was very good. But from last few months my wife showing very less intrest in sex once in a week or some times once in 15 days. Please sugges if there is any medicine like viagra for instant results.
I am 24 is old female unmarried am getting trouble with menses delay in every month. I am not consul any doctor till now and I didn't use any prescriptions?
Uterine cancer is often treated with a combination of treatments. The recommendation of treatment option depends on the factors such as stage and type of cancer, age, the overall health of the patient, side effects, personal preference etc. Another important consideration that goes before taking a call on the treatment option includes the research on the patient’s ability to bear a child in future. But, overall, the treatment plan includes surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hormone therapy etc.
Surgery is often the first step towards removing the tumor and a few healthy tissues around it. Some of the common surgical procedure include hysterectomy, lymph node dissection, and sentinel lymph node biopsy.
- Hysterectomy: The extent of the cancer spread decides the type of procedure a surgeon can perform. Hysterectomy is the removal of the cervix and the uterus. For patients whose cancer has spread significantly, a surgeon performs a radical hysterectomy- removal of the vagina, cervix, uterus and some healthy tissues from the nearby region. For patients who have had menopause in their health history, doctors choose to perform a procedure known as the salpingo-oophorectomy. This involves the removal of both the ovaries and the fallopian tube.
- Lymph node dissection: This is quite similar to hysterectomy. The surgeon might remove the lymph nodes to ensure that cancer doesn’t spread beyond the uterus.
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy: This is another process to determine whether cancer has spread to the lymph nodes and the surrounding areas. This procedure is effective in determining other cancers type as well such as cancer-related to the breasts.
- Radiation Therapy: This is a kind of therapy that involves the use of high-energy rays that could destroy cancer cells. Radiation is given at a fixed dosage over a limited number of days. This method of treatment is typically used in addition to a surgery. In most cases, a surgery followed by radiation therapy helps a patient to fight cancer more effectively. Many oncologists might also want a patient to take radiation therapy to shrink the size of a tumor before going for a surgery. The most common radiation therapy is external beam radiation therapy.
- Chemotherapy: This procedure involves the use of powerful drugs to destroy cancer cells. There are claims that it effectively reduces the ability of the cancer cells to grow and spread. Chemotherapy is usually suggested after a surgery or can be individually applied to a cancer patient. Chemotherapy can be applied in orally or in the form of IV. The period of chemotherapy like radiotherapy is applicable for a specified amount of cycle over a limited number of days. This form of treatment is most preferred when cancer recurs in a patient after a considerable amount of time. They are equally effective in uterine cancer as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Oncologist.