Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Jyotirmaya DashYour feedback matters!
I m suffering from low blood pressure. Is there any medicine available for cure or intake of more salt is the only solution for it?
I am a 16 yr. Old student and I suffer from high BLOOD PRESSURE, so what should I do to control it? Is there anything that I need to worry about much?
Chest congestion all time tmt teat done result negative seem rib injured or fracture. Please advice.
I am heart attack patient. The heart attack came due to low blood pressure. Can I take salt? Uae of more Salt is helpful for me or not?
After bypass success heart surgery- life is normal but having pain in both side of chest left consolidated pain - any remedy-?
Sir before2years my TMT test was positive but my CT angiography was negative I started medication for BP Angizor 50 starcad beta 25 clopitorva10 and flumusa after 2 years my TMT again came Mild positive pl help what can I do?
I have hypertension for about a year now. I am drinking atenolol table 25 mg in a day. I now want to stop drinking table and start exercising. Is this fine?
Cystic fibrosis is a genetic condition, which primarily affects the lungs and persistence of this condition might lead to severe breathing problems and loss of lung function. If you have inherited two copies of the defective gene from your parents, you are likely to suffer from this disease. Cystic Fibrosis causes a buildup of thick mucus in your lungs and affects other organs such as the kidneys, pancreas and the intestines in your body.
It isn't very uncommon as one out of fifty people in Asia is a carrier of this disease. The disease gets its name from the cysts formed in the pancreas of the sufferer. However, this disease can be detected by testing the quantity of salt present in your sweat. Prenatal testing for Fibrosis is another method to test if your newborn is likely to contract a lung infection.
Complications faced due to cystic fibrosis include:
- Serious sinus infections
- Serious damage in lungs due to inflammation and incessant infection
- Complication in breaking down protein
- Respiratory tract contamination
If you observe one or more of the following symptoms, you might be suffering from Cystic Fibrosis:
- Salty-tasting skin
- Bowel obstruction caused due to meconium ileus (obstruction of the bowels)
- Mucus amiss in your alveoli
- Persistent coughing with phlegm discharge
- Shortness of breath while engaging in a physical task
- Stunted or measly growth despite healthy lifestyle habits
- Infertility in males
If you're suffering from cystic fibrosis, there isn't any particular treatment which is recommended due to the varying degrees of it found in people. However, consultation with a medical practitioner and an individualised treatment plan can help you minimise the risks and lead a better life.
Some therapies you can opt for are:
- Airway clearance: This therapy helps sift the thick layer of mucus around your organs. Some people have also chosen to use the inflatable vest which vibrates around your chest, thereby, thinning and loosening the layer of mucus.
- Inhaled medicines: Another breakthrough in the field of respiratory medicine, this method requires the patient to sniff a liquid consisting of mist, which is inhaled with the aid of a nebuliser. This method is known to be beneficial for opening airways.
- Pancreatic enzyme supplements: Along with multivitamins, these specially designed supplements are known to cater to your pancreas with the much-needed nutrients and they need to be consumed with every meal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.
My blood pressure frequently goes up every evening After 4: 00 pm. It crosses 160/100. I am taking some pill still it doesn't work after 4: 00 pm it rises frequently. Here are the medicines I take: Stamlo 5 mg. 1---0----1 Betacap tr 40 1----------- Losar 25 1----0---1 Ecosprin 75. 0----1---0.
Hi doctor I am smoker but I left smoking it's more than 5 months, now I smoke but once in a weak or in ten days but still I feal weakness sometime breathing problems little bit chest all time, I eat fruits daily and also outside food also sometimes, What is best natural way or food other than exercise than I must increase in my meal to decrease such chest pain and weakness.
Expected Parameters To Prevent Heart Attacks :
1] cholesterol 130 to 160 mg/dl
2] triglycerides 60 to 120 mg/dl
3] hdl cholesterol 40 to 60 mg/dl
4] blood glucose (fasting) 70 to 100 mg/dl
5] blood glucose (pp) below 140 mg/dl
6] blood pressure 120/80 mg/dl
7] maximum permissible exercises
8] body weight in proportion to height
9] stop smoking completely
10] control stress
11] oil/ghee in food is banned completely
12] consume salads and fruits in plenty
13] restrict consumption of milk and milk products
14] avoid meat of any kind