Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. JagadeeshYour feedback matters!
I have been suffering from bipolar disorder Seiziure (depression ) for 1 1 year please help me out with this.
Hello sir. I am studying degree 2nd year. From the past 1 week I meet some unwanted thoughts that makes me to commit suicide and dreams are always relating to suicide. I that times I am feeling lonely, feeling for small issues, crying a lot, in some times I feel that I am wast person in my life. And I want to die. Sir this is natural situations or my self I am making that problems.
Sir me jab morning me so kar uthata hu to mujhe uthane me bahut dikkat hoti hai kuki meri poori body me bahut pain hota hai.
How to overcome depression and anxiety in 23 year old girl. Who is with good job, intelligent and good parents. But anxious about future and not able to decide whether to study further or continue job. How to overcome her Negative thoughts?
I have been smoking since last few days. After that I have a pain in the chest what could be reasons.
I'm a 22 year old girl, I tried strangulating myself when I was depressed as an attempt to kill myself two months ago. I used a charger cord. Tried a couple of times, gave up when I was about to pass out. Then I had neck pain for weeks, now I have lower back pain with my left leg pain. I looked up the internet it said scatia, (can be due to nerve damage). I'm not willing to tell parents about this. Can you help?
When it comes to the brain and the IQ, is bigger the better? Does size really matter? Is there really a connection between the size of your brain and intelligence? With the help of findings by neurologists
and scientists, we seek to find out!
- Ailments and the Brain: Scientists have found that children with autism have a brain that has grown in a disproportionate manner in the very first year of their life. This prevents the child from making connections with normal behaviour. On the other hand, children and adolescents who suffer from Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or ADHD have shown signs of having a much smaller brain size. Many scientists have shown that the size of the brain shrinks as we age, and this does not have any visible effect on our cognitive abilities.
- It's all Relative: The size of the brain does not really have a bearing on the way a person's cognition gets shaped. Even large mammals like elephants and whales are finally hunted and tamed by humans who have smaller brains in comparison. The brain is made up of billions of neurons which need to function properly. It may be seen that scientists consider the brain mass in relation with the rest of the body so as to speculate about the cognitive abilities of the person. Why is this required? Large animals need a well functioning and proportionate brain size to control and run their organs with proper cognition for satisfactory results, which is what we humans seem to have done.
- Neanderthal Brains: Historically, the earliest man or the Neanderthals are said to have had larger brains than we do. These people are believed to have brains that are at least 10% larger than the brains that we have in our modern times. The shape of their brain was different too. They were also heavily muscled people which had a bearing on the size and shape of the brain and bodies as well as the lean tissue within the brain. They also survived very successfully for a period of over 200,000 years, which obviously points to some form of elevated cognition, as per many scientists.
- Animals: While animals with small brains like lizards and reptiles do not perform too well on IQ tests, the animals with bigger brains like elephants and dolphins perform much better. But the medium sized brains of monkeys, lemurs and other animals are said to perform in the best manner. The correlation between the body size and the brain does not seem to hold good here, as per various researches.
So the verdict as per medical science and research stands divided!
Hello Doctor, I need your help I was a college student I was in my friends house for 2 Months I was so good in my way I was eating food in my friends house for 2 months I was good before after eating food for 2 Months I was so sick my weight reduced my symptoms are like felling like dry mouth anxiety Dizziness fear confusion my legs and and shakes I thought some thing bad is happening to me I went to neurologist to checkup my health he done mri scan blood test ecg everything showed normal and prescribed some medical after taking the medicine I am still sick feeling same symptoms like before some of my family member said me in your food some one added some kind of toxins she said go and consult a toxicologist I am so confused give me advice what can I do?
I am 21 years old and I have stammering problem sometime and while speeching some particular words like starting from- T, P etc, this starts after age of 15 when my head accidentally hit by a stone, what I do?
Effects of Smoking on Sexual Health
Smoking, in general, has a negative effect on the human body. It can cause a host of disorders such as mouth cancer, blood pressure problems, and lung cancer. Smoking affects the sexual performance of both men and women.
Here are some effects that smoking has on sex :-
1. Impotence: Smoking can damage the blood vessels that lead to erectile dysfunction (a condition where the penis cannot sustain an erection).
2. Decrease in libido: Smoking can cause various physical problems such as stamina reduction and lack of desire for sex. An individual who smokes won't be able to give an optimal sexual performance and this can further lower satisfaction levels.
3. Erectile dysfunction: Smoking can cause problems related to the circulation of the blood in the body. It can narrow the arteries that supply blood and this is directly linked with erectile dysfunction.
4. Tissue damage: Smoking can damage the tissues inside the penis thus impairing your ability to have an erection during sexual intercourse.
5. Early onset of menopause: It can affect the estrogen (a sex hormone) levels in the female body; so, women who smoke tend to reach menopause early.
6. Reduction in penis size: It can reduce the penis size in men by damaging the blood vessels and the structure of the tissue around the penis. This is more common in younger men.
7. Reduction in stamina: Smoking can cause a reduction in the stamina, thus a person will not be able to perform well sexually. It can lead to fatigue and tiredness during sex.
Of course, there are a lot of therapies which can help you recover from the damage already happened because of smoking and prevent further damage.
Related Tip: Smoking and Its Effect on Teeth