Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. I C Iyal AmuthanYour feedback matters!
I'm 43 yrs old and underwent hysterectomy surgery around 8 years back. This past year I've been getting blemishes. Is this an aftermath of the surgery or some other reason? What is the solution?
Sir. My wife had three miscarriages. Doctor told me my wife and I both had rubella igG. Positive. But it's not at all a problem. Recently I found prostate infection and I am taking treatment. My doubt is can this type of prostate or uti infection antibody may. Wrongly shown as rubella igG antibodies.
I am 21, male and today for the first time, I had bleeding through my anus. The blood was not mixed with the faeces. Should I consult a good doctor?
I am 37 years old female with rectal bleeding for past few weeks, now I feel extremely fatigued with day time sleepiness. There is mild tremor on my hands and headache. I have a few personal problems that I know I am stressing out on for the past days. Please suggest me.
What quantity of cranberry one should have everyday My father (86 years) suffering from prostate, he has a suprapubic catheter inserted, will it help him he suffers from severe pain and burning sensation due to infection. I have tried many things. He cannot be operated.
My mother (f63) feels weakness / giddiness after wakeup from bed and legs are got bulged. Kindly suggest all the test such as lft/kidney/cbp/fbs etc had been completed but no cure.
I feel urge for urinating just after passing urine. And again few drops comes. It happens 3-4 times even after passing full urine. I feel that bladder is not completely empty. Its irritating to go to loo again n again. Specially in night. I drink a lot of water during day n night. Please suggest some home remedies n medicines. I went for sonography. Prostate is little enlarged but not significant. urologist told its not so serious and did not prescribed any medicine. Thanks.
Sir. I have stone of 5mm doctor says that without operation can not relif But I do not like operation. success me any other way plz.
I am 35 years old, suffering from psychiatric disease and taking alopathic treatment, recently I have urine retention problem about 500 ml urine is always accumulated in bladder till it is taken out manually using catheter, please advise me some Ayurvedic treatment for this urine retention problem.
I have stone problem in right kidney. 4 mm in calyx & 7 mm in ureter. What should we do for that? operation or medicine?
Causes of bladder control problems in women
Urinary incontinence is the term used to describe bladder control problems that affect several people. Many think it only occurs among older, menopausal women but it actually isn't uncommon amid young and active women.
Inability to control the bladder accompanied by pain can be symptomatic of various disorders ranging from a minor infection to cancer. Fortunately, bladder cancer is rare, and bladder pain is usually not serious.
The varied causes of urinary incontinence in women are as follows:
- Urinary tract infection: this is the most common cause of urinary incontinence and it affects women more than men due to anatomical factors. It can also happen at any age.
- Medicinal side effect: the inability to control one's bladder may be a result of the administration of certain medicinal substances such as alpha-blockers, antidepressants, sleeping pills and various narcotics.
- Changes in the reproductive system: pregnancy and fluctuations in hormone levels can cause bladder irritation, which leads to urinary incontinence.
- Impacted stool: when stool gets tightly packed in the lower end of the digestive system and rectum, bladder control is affected. Chronic constipation and constraint strain on the lower intestines leads to the weakening of bladder muscles and hampers the bladder control.
- Surgical side effects: temporary loss of control of the bladder is often a result of prior surgery and radiation therapy in the pelvic region.
- Nerve damage and neurological disorders: strokes and spinal cord injuries have a heavy impact on bladder control and amount to urinary incontinence. Diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and multiple sclerosis also lead to the same.
- Health complications: disorders such as diabetes and obesity directly affect the bladder and the ability to exercise control over it.
- Disability and impaired mobility: for women who are physically impaired and suffer from problems of arthritis, urinary incontinence is a major problem as they are unable to reach the toilet easily.
- Bladder cancer: even though it is extremely rare, bladder cancer affects a number of women every year and is treated through surgery and chemotherapy.
Related Tip: What Makes One Lose Control of the Urinary Bladder?