Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. GeethaYour feedback matters!
The child is female of 10 years old, is thin and lean. She is not putting up weight and very little interest in educational activities. She is very dull and not interested in any outdoor activities. She has fever with cough frequently and also complaining of loose stools many times.
My son is 2 year old. He is a very happy, social and fun loving child. He is nauseatic lot many times and even throws up for last 7 to 10 days. I had shown him to his regular paediatric, she said there might be some stomach upset and gave to stop vomiting. It did not help and she changed it to Atarax drops, which didn't help either, so discontinued it after 2 doses after reading on the net that it's a very strong medicine. I referred him to one of the most senior most and reputed paediatric in my city. He said that the child's stomach is absolutely fine no need to give him any medicine, he is just trying to do it to grab your attention, just ignore. I told him most of the time he gets up from his afternoon nap and throws up. He said at times when kids are having anxiety they may do it, just ignore it. I did ignore for 2 to 3 days he was still vomiting (lesser quantity though but 2 to 3 times) . I started with probiotic sachet Reflora-R which has reduced his vomiting and nauseatic feeling a bit but not completely stopped. After vomiting the child is fine just like a normal happy child. Should I show him to a gastroenterologist or is it his anxiety?
Mouth gargling with warm water with salt added to it is a very effective method especially in chilling winters to reduce tooth ache arising due to sensitive teeth. Though it relieves the pain, consult your dentist for permanent cure.
My son who is 2 years and 4 months sleeps from early in the morning until evening and he is awake the whole night and always watching kids videos on mobile all through night.
Is it fine to feed a 14 month baby with butter, ghee in the food? should the sweet intake be restricted too, though my baby enjoys sweet preparations.
As young children learn language skills, it's normal for them to have some difficulty saying words correctly. That's part of the learning process. Their speech skills develop over time. They master certain sounds and words at each age. By age 8, most children have learned how to master all word sounds.
But some children have speech sound disorders. This means they have trouble saying certain sounds and words past the expected age. This can make it hard to understand what a child is trying to say. Speech sound disorders include articulation disorder and phonological process disorder. Articulation disorder is a problem with making certain sounds, such as" sh" phonological process disorder is a pattern of sound mistakes, such as not pronouncing certain letters.
About articulation disorder
- Articulation disorder is the inability to form the certain word sounds correctly past a certain age. Word sounds may be dropped, added, distorted, or swapped. Keep in mind that some sound changes may be part of an accent, and are not speech errors. Signs of an articulation disorder can include:
- Leaving off sounds from words (example: saying" coo" instead of" school")
- Adding sounds to words (example: saying" puhlay" instead of" play")
- Distorting sounds in words (example: saying" thith" instead of" this")
- Swapping sounds in words (example: saying" wadio" instead of" radio")
About phonological process disorder
- Phonological process disorder is a regular pattern of certain word speech mistakes. The mistakes may be common in young children learning speech skills, but when they persist past a certain age, it may be a disorder. Signs of a phonological process disorder can include:
- Saying only one syllable in a word (example" bay" instead of" baby")
- Simplifying a word by repeating two syllables (example" baba" instead of" bottle")
- Leaving out a consonant sound (example" at" or" ba" instead of" bat")
- Changing certain consonant sounds (example" tat" instead of" cat")
Causes of speech sound disorders
- Often, there is no known cause for a speech sound disorder. But some speech sound errors may be caused by:
- Injury to the brain
- Intellectual or developmental disability
- Problems with hearing or hearing loss, such as a history of ear infections
- Physical abnormalities that affect speech, including cleft palate or cleft lip
- Disorders affecting the nerves involved in speech
Diagnosing speech sound disorders
First, your child's hearing should be checked. This is to make sure that he or she isn't simply hearing words and sounds incorrectly.
If hearing loss is ruled out, you may want to contact a speech-language pathologist. This is a speech expert who evaluates and treats children who are having problems with speech-language and communication.
By watching and listening to a child speak, the speech-language pathologist can determine whether the issues are part of normal growth and development or are a speech sound disorder. The pathologist will evaluate your child's speech and language skills, keeping in mind accents and dialect. Speech-language pathologists can also assess if a physical problem in the mouth is affecting your child's ability to speak.
Treating speech sound disorder
- The pathologist can then recommend a therapy plan to help your child overcome his or her disorder. Speech-language pathologists work with children to help them:
- Recognize and correct sounds that they are making wrong
- Learn how to correctly form their problem sound
- Practice saying certain words and making certain sounds
- The pathologist can also give you activities and strategies to help your child practice at home.
- If your child has a physical defect in the mouth, the pathologist can also refer your child to an ear, nose, throat doctor or orthodontist if needed.
A positive outlook
Early recognition and diagnosis of speech sound disorders can help children overcome speech problems. They can learn how to communicate well and comfortably.
Hi, doctors, My son is 7 years old. He is too week than his ribs can be counted from backside and front side. Although he has no illness. He weight is 18 kg. He doesn't take interest in having food. I have given him tonic also but in vein. Please suggest treatment or diet plan to make him healthier.
My son is 4 years old n fussy eater. He mostly refuses to eat n he likes very few foods and that too he eats little bit. So I always have to make him watch mobile n eat so he eats more. please help n from few days he is vomiting n not willing at all to eat n still his stomach looks big n tight. Is there any problem? Suggest.
Hello doctor. My name is Harleen and i have a baby boy. We call him Rehanvir this 19th Feb he turns 10 months. I still feed him three times including night feed(breast feed not formula) and also give him semi solid food three times a day + small cup of cows milk once a day. My main concern is Why is he not sleeping through the night? He wakes up atleast three to four times at night. Babys feeding/Sleep routine: Morning 9:45: Home made cerelac with grated fruit Post Bath: 12:30 Breast Feed followed by sleep Noon 15:30: khichad Eve 18:30: cow milk/ sometimes Breast feed Late 1900-1930Eve small nap Night2030:Cerelac with soup 2200hrs- Bed time.. Routine goes half n hr up or down some days. (Problem is since last two months he has been waking up so frequently at night that i did a mistake of feeding him in between nights too,because i didnt have the energy to wake up every time to console him but now its become a pattern for him) Can you please advice how should i wean him off in between sleep feeds at night and also how many feeds is sufficient at day time if i'm also giving him semi solids. Most importantly how to make him sleep through the night. Thank you and regards Harleen Alagh
My sister baby 1 year old. She is in normal behaviour except weight gain. She is so lean. Suggest me how to increase her weight.
Bronchitis occurs when the bronchial tubes become swollen due to an ailment or any kind of infection. These tubes are a part of the respiratory system and usually join the lungs. There are two types of bronchitis - acute bronchitis and chronic bronchitis. A virus or bacterium usually causes acute bronchitis. It shows up after a person has had a respiratory disease. The most common symptoms of this disease usually show up when a child has flu or cold. A blazing throat, a feeling of being sick and mucus draining from the sinuses usually describe the disease.
Homeopathy is a very effective treatment for bronchitis. In fact, it is the most effective treatment. Homeopathy has been successful in treating some exceptionally extreme cases of bronchitis. It functions admirably in both acute and chronic bronchitis. Here are a few treatments for acute bronchitis for kids that have proven to be beneficial over time:
Hepar Sulph is one of the best homeopathic medicines for bronchitis where a person experiences increased sensitivity to cold. Chilly air and exposure to the cold in any form is impossible to be tolerated by the patient. It energizes cough quickly. Hepar Sulph cures situations where even if a single part of the body is exposed to the cold like a hand or a foot, cough begins immediately.
Bryonia, on the other hand, is helpful in situations where a person feels extremely thirsty, yet may only have a few sips at a time. The mucous layers and the mouth become extremely dry. Even the cough is very dry in such cases. There is a pain in the abdomen and headache while coughing.
Pulsatilla is great in situations where the patient coughs up a lot of greenish or yellowish mucous. Cough is more irritable while resting and the person cannot rest or sleep because of the same. The patient is usually not at all thirsty in this situation.
Arsenic Album is one of the best homeopathic medicines for symptoms that include a feeling of weakness along with other signs of bronchitis. Extreme wheezing and cough increase after nighttime and makes it difficult for the person to sleep. Along with extreme weakness, restlessness may also occur. The patient feels parched and frequently drinks little quantities of water.
- Antim Tart is useful when there is a lot of mucous in the abdomen and chest. Despite the fact that there is a lot of mucous in the abdomen, little is disposed off. Cough in this situation is aggravated while a person eats. However, Antim Tart tends to find relief from the same. Patients usually find it very hard to bring out the mucous in this situation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.
My 3 years old baby eating good not good, his weight are only 9 kg last 6 month old sugest me what to do?
Dear doctors, My baby is just started her 4th month. But past 15 days she always screaming loudly. And crying more. She already suffering in evening colic problem now morning also she always screaming loudly. I saw my paediatrician but he is not giving any medicines and he just saying it will like this only. I am unable to manage her alone in morning times as she always shouting. I am very very depressed and worried about my Little girl. Kindly advise if this is normal and it will cause any problem to her health.
Uterine fibroids, also known as leiomyomata, are non-cancerous growths which develop in and around the uterus or the womb and form benign tumors in course of time. Though there are several types of uterine fibroids, they are all consistently similar in their genetic makeup. They are generally classified depending on their specific locations:
- Myometrial or intramural fibroids
- Submucosal fibroids
- Subserosal fibroids
- Pedunculated fibroids
Signs and symptoms
In most cases, uterine fibroids display little or no symptoms at all. Therefore many women are caught unawares and do not realize whether they have leiomyomata or not. When symptoms do show, however, they may include any one of the following:
Since uterine fibroids do not cause any significant complications, they normally do not require much treatment. The condition, however, can be treated through either one of the following approaches:
1. Non-surgical approach
(1) Alert and careful inspection as well as watchful anticipation of the growth and development of uterine fibroids
(2) Birth control pills or oral contraceptives which help reduce heavy periods caused by uterine fibroids
(3) Pain relievers to help numb the pain
(4) Intrauterine device along with levonorgestrel to help reduce heavy periods
(5) Iron tablets are helpful in substituting the blood loss caused by heavy menstruation
These two procedures can be performed using several techniques like:
- Open abdominal surgery
- Robot-assisted laparoscopy
- Vaginal approach
- Hysteroscope approach
iii) Uterine artery embolization (UAE)
Causes of Eczema:
The specific cause of eczema remains unknown, but it is believed to develop due to a combination of hereditary (genetic) and environmental factors.
Children are more likely to develop eczema if a parent has had it or another atopic disease. If both parents have an atopic disease, the chances increase further.
Environmental factors are also known to bring out the symptoms of eczema. These include:
- Irritants - soaps, detergents, shampoos, disinfectants, juices from fresh fruits, meats, or vegetables
- Allergens - dust mites, pets, pollens, mold, dandruff
- Microbes - bacteria such as Staphylococcus aureus,viruses, certain fungi
- Hot and cold temperatures - hot weather, high and low humidity, perspiration from exercise
- Foods - dairy products, eggs, nuts and seeds, soy products, wheat
- Stress - it is not a cause of eczema but can make symptoms worse
- Hormones - women can experience worsening of eczema symptoms at times when their hormone levels are changing, for example during pregnancy and at certain points in their menstrual cycle.