Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Rheumatologists in India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. G. RajasekharYour feedback matters!
Different foods have different properties. Here are some foods to have and a few you must refrain from if you are suffering from arthritis and inflammatory pain:
Include these foods in your diet.
1) cherries - these contain anthocyanocides which assist in lowering uric acids, thus reducing the level of pain.
2) ginger - eating fresh ginger of drinking ginger root tea is advisable if suffering from arthritis and inflammatory pain. The gingerols present in it include anti-inflammatory compounds which are extremely helpful.
3) pineapple - there exists in pineapples, an element called bromelain which is a very effective anti-inflammatory.
4) raw apple cider vinegar - anti-inflammatory properties of raw apple cider vinegar are also very beneficial. It can be consumed by drinking a tablespoon of the vinegar mixed in about 250ml water or as salad dressing.
5) turmeric - turmeric or as we call it haldi, has anti-oxidant as well as anti-inflammatory properties.
6) omega 3 fatty acids - omega 3 fatty acids also have anthocyanocides. Which lower the levels of uric acids. Eating more of chia seeds, flax seeds and fish is also encouraged.
And the foods to avoid are,
1) sugary foods - sugary foods are like toxins which cause inflammations and lead to more pains in the body. Hence, avoid foods with excessive sugar when suffering from arthritis and inflammatory pain.
2) omega 6 oils - these oils, if consumed in high amounts, cause inflammations. It is advisable to replace these foods with healthier foods.
3) fried foods: deep fried foods are cooked at high temperatures and thus induce inflammation.
4) salt - this happens to some people where excess intake of sodium increases the pain in the joints. Hence, lowering consumption is not a bad idea.
Knee replacement surgery can make a dramatic difference for those with severely painful knee joints. More than 90 percent of individuals who have total knee replacements report significant pain relief, improved mobility and better quality of life.
In the past, patients between 60 and 75 years of age were considered to be the best candidates for total knee replacement, but improvements in artificial knee technology and surgical techniques have made knee replacement an option for both elder patients as well as younger patients.
In a traditional total knee replacement, the damaged areas of the femur, tibia and kneecap are removed and replaced with prostheses. Patients whose joint damage is limited to one area of the joint may be candidates for partial or unicompartmental replacement.
I'm suffering with knee pain and legs pain almost every day during night times and while I'm getting up in the morning also I'm feeling the same pain but aftersometime I'm feeling somewhat better please help me.
I have pain in the knee joints. Is it gonna be arthritis or some other minor problems? I hope it's not arthritis. My lower body is thinner as compared to the upper body. Starting from my butt my thighs, calves, all thinner than my upper body. I have a V figure.
I am a 32 year old man, my both knees gets lot of pain when I m sitting for more than a hour on floor, since childhood, kindly guide me.
I am 63 years old, I am having knee pain in both legs since 2 years please suggest me what I have to do come out of this problem.
Knee problem two bones of leg on either side of knee touching each other, is there any other alternative than surgery ?
Why it’s ideal to treat insomnia with homeopathy
Insomnia is a mental condition, which is characterized by a difficulty in falling asleep, even when you have the chance to do so. People with insomnia feel dissatisfied with their sleep and usually experience fatigue, low energy, lack of concentration, mood swings and decreased performance at work or at school.
The causes of insomnia include stress, emotional or physical discomfort; environmental factors like noise, light or extreme temperature that interferes with sleep; and depression or anxiety.
The visible symptoms of insomnia are inability to fall asleep no matter what, irritability, depression, lack of concentration and enthusiasm, and distressed stomach and intestine. Complications associated with insomnia can cause psychiatric problems, obesity, increased risk of long-term diseases or conditions like high blood pressure, heart disease and diabetes.
Homeopathy is a boon towards treating insomnia.
Homeopathic medication are far safer therefore, it is preferable and highly recommended. It serves invaluably during insomnia and does not involve any side effects.
The efficiency of homeopathic medicines in curing the several problems associated with insomnia is unquestionable. Plus, targets at providing long-term cure for insomnia instead of just temporary relief. The approach that homeopathy adopts includes getting at the root cause of the problem, and weeding it out so that there’s never a relapse of your condition.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I have slight knee pain .Doctor said it is osteoarthritis and prescribed me glucosamine and calcium and D3 tabs .Ihavetaken for 3 months and feeling better. What Shall I do now.Suggest me alternatives for permanent cure.
I have ligament fracture in my knee. Is any possibility to fit through homeopathic medicine. Because I don't want to surgery my knee. I scared about it. Pl suggest me what should I do.
Which is the best food to cure arthritis. Like in arthritis the cartilage between legs get depleted. So what all should we eat in order in our daily routine to regenerate that cartilage?
Panchakarma is a therapy that has the objective to purify and detoxify the body. The therapy can help one get rid of many chronic diseases and also works as preventive treatment. Ayurveda describes panchkarma as more than a healing system. It is a combination of science and art of appropriate living to achieve longevity. Ayurveda prescribes Panchakarma for cleansing of body toxins, balancing all tridosha’s (Vata, Pitta and Kapha – three bio energies for body constitution).
Abhyangam: A gentle herbal oil massage to body which helps in relaxation and improves blood circulation
Swedan: Ayurvedic steam with ayurvedic herbs which removes the rigid toxins from the body an loosen the muscles
Basti: Medicated enema which aims to balance the vata dosha of body. Also helps in healing of degeneration of joints
Janu Basti: Knee joint is called as the Janu Sandhi in Sanskrit; hence the name Janu Basti .
Relieves knee pain
Balances Sleshaka Kapha, which regulates the synovial fluid in the joint, which is necessary for proper lubrication of the joint.
Yoga Various forms of yogasan are been taught which helps in restoring the mobility and give strength to the muscles.
Proper care along with Ayurvedic medicines and Panchakarma can surely avoid knee replacement surgery…………
Ayurvedic, Panchkarma & Naturopathy Centre
GH-14/ 1198, 1st Floor
Above Haryana Wala Sweets