Lybrate Mini logo
Lybrate for
Android icon App store icon
Ask FREE Question Ask FREE Question to Health Experts
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Danial

Psychiatrist, Chennai

Dr. Danial Psychiatrist, Chennai
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I believe in health care that is based on a personal commitment to meet patient needs with compassion and care....more
I believe in health care that is based on a personal commitment to meet patient needs with compassion and care.
More about Dr. Danial
Dr. Danial is a renowned Psychiatrist in Kodambakkam, Chennai. You can meet Dr. Danial personally at Best Hospital in Kodambakkam, Chennai. You can book an instant appointment online with Dr. Danial on has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 37 years of experience on You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Vellala Street No 9, Kodambakkam. Landmark:Opposite D A Power House, ChennaiChennai Get Directions
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Danial

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I live in Hostel and I feel like I am exhausted whole of the day from last 3-4 days. My mind become sleepy Nd feels sleepy all the time and even I walk in low energy like Zombie that my body's energy is exhausted. I dnt do any physical work now a days exams are going on and I am not able to even concentrate on my studies due to this. What should I Do?

B.Sc. - Dietitics / Nutrition, Nutrition Certification,Registered Dietitian
Dietitian/Nutritionist, Delhi
I live in Hostel and I feel like I am exhausted whole of the day from last 3-4 days. My mind become sleepy Nd feels s...
Weakness is a result of lack of physical or muscle strength. If you are feeling that extra effort is required to move your arms, legs, or other muscles, it could also be a result of any disease, illness and too much activity at one time and not taking the food to match the amount of physical effort you are doing. Sometimes low levels of minerals (electrolytes), such as potassium or sodium also result in body weakness. Other important reason could be the problems with your thyroid gland. Because your thyroid gland is responsible for regulating the way the body uses energy. A low thyroid level can cause fatigue, weakness, laziness, weight gain etc. And a high thyroid level can cause fatigue, weight loss, muscle weakness etc. Sometime because of stress you may feel disinterest in your routine works. Since the reasons for your weakness are not known, I shall advise the following - 1. Keep yourself hydrated. 2. Get extra rest for some days till you feel more energetic. 3. Avoid watching television for long hours. Indulge in relaxing activities. 4. Avoid stress and too much physical exertion. 5. Take a nutritious diet with more protein items in homemade food like soya, sprouts, dals, paneer, milk, seasonal fruits. 6. Do light physical activity, meditation and yoga. 7. Take one good multivitamin tablet after food for 7 days.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi, I came in touch with one of my old friend few months back. Initially we used to talk with each other a lot and started liking each other. He used to respect my feelings so much but then after some days his behavior totally changed. He treats me as a stranger. I asked him for the reason of this change but he is never ready to discuss. It really is hurting me a lot and feeling so restless. Can't concentrate on my work as well.

Reparenting Technique, BA, BEd
Psychologist, Bangalore
Just leave this relationship immediately. If he is behaving without respect and is treating you like a stranger, it will seem that he is off of you. Any attempt to get him back may be forcing a reluctant lover into a relationship by pressure and that is not at all good for any relationship. This may seem difficult but you are better off without him. There are a lot of options available still and it is better if you start your search comfortably, and keep this relationship a casual one but there must be respect! get back to concentrating on your work and become more functional. You deserve this and you must show people that your are a respectful person and will tolerate no one who fails to give you that status.
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

We are twins . He wants to have sex with mom but my mom is satisfied with my dad . They do sex every week. And sometime mom also gives signal . How to help him .he wants to sex with mom anyhow.

Reparenting Technique, BA, BEd
Psychologist, Bangalore
We are twins . He wants to have sex with mom but my mom is satisfied with my dad . They do sex every week. And someti...
He has a fixation with his mom that he needs to grow out of. All children have a phase when they want to marry their mother or father depending on the sex of the child. This is quite normal but then the child has to resolve this attraction and learn that this is normal but it is there to help him find a sexual resolution. He will, in normal circumstances, accept his sexuality and resolve the sexual identity according to how well his mother has accepted him and helped him understand (not in so many words) that she is his mother and his father's wife, period. When this is done properly and often quite naturally, he will move on. So talk to him and explain that he is fixated in a childlike state and needs to happily move on. He has to find his attraction in other girls that he meets and cultivate a good relationship with them and know that those are his peers from which he will choose a partner in life. If he is not receptive to you, then take him to a counselor.
34 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My friend is getting angry very easily how can we treat his mood disorder by ourselves.

L L. B..,, M.Sc psychy,, N L P, P.G.D.G.C, M.S psychotherapy,, M.A child care, M A, clinical psy, M.A,social psychiatry,, M.Phil., psychology., Ph.D .,psychology
Psychologist, Vijayawada
Analyse his problems. Why he get irritated. Take further step to overcome from the problems. Better to understand his side of the problem. Help to him. With loving nature and affection everything will be solved. Better to be friendly. Spend with him most him. Treat him as a child. Do not hesitate, feel with him friendly. Do not criticise. Ok happy days.
You found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Get pain in left hand and left part of body when I lift my left hand upside. Also find it painful to lift any heavy object from left hand. Have a pain in neck also. Have ruled out anything related to heart since had done complete heart check up recently.

MD - Alternate Medicine
Acupuncturist, Chennai
Get pain in left hand and left part of body when I lift my left hand upside. Also find it painful to lift any heavy o...
Your problem may be cervical spondylosis. If you take the scalp acupuncture treatment to stimulate sensory area of hand, you can get better results. Do it or consult privately.
You found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 21 years old my problem is that when I study 2 hr my mind concentration is totally loss I am not concentrate at list 2 hr. I am totally disturb so what can I do.

BASM, MD, MS (Counseling & Psychotherapy), MSc - Psychology, Certificate in Clinical psychology of children and Young People, Certificate in Psychological First Aid, Certificate in Positive Psychology
Psychologist, Palakkad
Dear user, welcome to lybrate-user. You must be able to understand concentration, attention span, recollection and distraction. If you are able to watch a movie for two hours continuously, if you are able to play a game for an hour, then you do not have any concentration problems. You can't be attentive towards your studies because you are not interested in it. You are able to watch movie and play game because you are interested in it. Human cannot be attentive towards anything for more than 10 minutes. If the task is boring, it is natural that that person will sleep or feel sleepy. Then you should study in such a way that your attention is continued and make the subjects are interesting to you. Effective learning techniques should help you. Recollection depends on anxiety, stress and other physical and circumstantial factors. Distractions while studying are plentiful. You should be able to overcome distractions or avoid distractions. Please understand the above. Change your study style and attitude accordingly. Take care.
You found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

SLE, Fellowship In Diabetology, Diploma In Psychology Mental Health And Illness, PLAB (MANCHESTOR, UK), FAGE, MBBS
General Physician, Bangalore
What is depression and how to deal with it.

We all have times is life when we feel sad and low. Is that a disease and does it require treatment? how to differentiate that sad feeling with depression? this is the question that comes to our mind which leads us to seek treatment from a doctor.

Depression is basically a disorder of mood where there is an reduction of a chemical called serotonin in the brain. Lack of sunlight, stressfull events such as child birth, illness, divorce, work tensions, bereavement, pain, lack of intimate relationships etc can all lead to depression.

To be classified as depression the following symptoms must be present for at least 2 weeks.
Loss of interest or pleasure in anything including what you used to enjoy before.
Sleep disturbances including early wakening, excessive sleeping or inability to sleep.
Ideas of guilt or worthlessness
Decrease or increase in appetite
Inability to concentrate
Slow and sluggish thought process and movements.

As you can notice all these symptoms effect our normal daily functioning and hence requires immediate attention. Suicidal risk in particular is an emergency and needs hospitalization.

The treatment depends on the condition of the patient and there are several options. Nowadays being depressed has become a cool thing and people take antidepressants" happy pills" by themselves. This is not a healthy thing to do. You must consult a doctor and get yourself evaluated before you take any medicines.

Please feel free to ask me a private question if you need further information.

10 people found this helpful

My son is having problem of delayed speech. He responds to instructions well, and understands things well but can not speak three words at a time. He is 3 years old. One doctor advised MRI, EEG and BERA test. Please advise.

Bachelor of Audiology & Speech Language Pathology (B.A.S.L.P)
Yes you do the bera test, after test consult the speech therapist, and evaluate the delayed speech, take continues speech therapy, they have apply some techniques for the children in improve the language development, you can't do this at home so first consult speech therapist after take speech therapy you practice that's techniques at home to your child. Less his geuster and don't give anything whatever they wants first tell the child speak properly.
You found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello Doctor My cousin drinks a lot of alcohol. Please suggest how do he needs to stop drinking completely. Thank you.

M.Phil - Psychology
Psychologist, Moradabad
Hello sir, Gud morning, You should consult with homeopathic doctor or psychiatrist. Then experienced Clinical psychologist for cope up with his anxiety and relapse prevention.
You found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am getting bad (sex) feelings. Every day negative thoughts and I can't do any work properly. My confidence level is day to day is very less. If you give any suggestion.

(MRCPSYCH-UK), MD - Psychiatry, MBBS
Psychiatrist, Hyderabad
You are 5ft with 80 kg weight. Your bmi is very high. First you need to address your weight issues. That will definitely improve your confidence levels and activity. Get treated for depression, that will get rid of negative thought and sexual thoughts.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 29 year old female, I have permanent voice like mera gala beta ho (infected throat) is there any way I can improve my voice so it comes clean if I speak loudly I have pain in my throat.

Homeopath, Faridabad
I am 29 year old female, I have permanent voice like mera gala beta ho (infected throat)  is there any way I can impr...
Hi, what kind of job you are into? Do you have to use your voice a lot? I will recommend you a homoeopathic medicine - Causticum 200/ twice daily for 20 days. Give your feedback to me.
You found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I'm in a relationship from three years I want to marry her but due to inter caste she directly said no to me. I'm crazy for her I loved her more than my parents I have neglected everything for her but she doesn't care. Now I can't live without her I wanted to commit suicide but my parents have lots of hope from me. I can't study every time my. Brain think about her please help me I have my exams after two days.

Reparenting Technique, BA, BEd
Psychologist, Bangalore
I wish she had told you about the caste problem before you fell in love with her. It now looks like this is a serious reason and her parents and her community may not allow her to get married to anyone outside of her caste. You have to accept this reality and move on. If you tried any other means this might jeopardize her life and yours unnecessarily. Nobody is worth dying for unless you were in an attempt to save them. Your life is very precious and you must want to live for your own sake first. Your parents will be devastated if you did something foolish, and all their efforts to bring you up will have gone completely to waste. It only shows that you can love a person who has just come into your life more than the people who gave you life and spent so many years bringing you up! Surely you do not mean that? Keep the good memories of this girl and learn to live without her. You will find a very suitable girl when you are well educated and a great success in life. For you to feel this level of despair it can only mean that there is some weakness in your personality. This is something for you to work on with a counselor and develop a good personality. If however, this is final, then remove all associations of hers: gifts, notes, letters, cards, emails, and any reminders to get her out of your system, not just the mind. Keep the good memories but don’t indulge in them. Get back to your old pals and revive those contacts. Normally when we get a girl friend, we drop all our friends and live exclusively with her. This is not a good thing to do, generally. So do get back to them and get into good social circles. They will help you get over her. Do not talk ill or malign your ex to your friends, whatever was the reason. That is unfortunately a very bad habit many of us have – we must still respect her reputation and treat her with dignity. Since this break up is so serious for you that suicidal thoughts are also plaguing you, do meet up with a counselor and talk about your feelings, openly. This is not the end of the world and she is not the only girl in life. You will find another but learn not to repeat the mistakes that led to the breakup. This time choose wisely and behave like a true gentleman.
96 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My brother died 1 year ago and since that time i have fear in my mind that i'll die so please advise how to remove this fear?

BAMS, MD Ayurveda
Sexologist, Lonavala
My brother died 1 year ago and since that time i have fear in my mind that i'll die so please advise how to remove th...
You can go for following remedy it will help you 1. Crush some cashew nuts to powder 2. Take 1 tsp of cashew nut powder 3. Add 1 cup of warm milk 4. Mix well 5. Drink every day Causes: • Anxiety • Tension • Mental stress • Drug addiction • Deficiency of vitamin B complex This will help with your concern.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am in very stress for last few day and I wasn't sleep very well. Tell me, what should I do?

Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology
Psychologist, Mumbai
I am in very stress for last few day and I wasn't sleep very well. Tell me, what should I do?
Hello, I understand that you are going through a difficult phase as a result of which having sleepless nights. Therefore it would be recommended that you consult a psychologist or psychotherapist either near to your vicinity or consult me at my private clinic.
You found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi yesterday morning I was playing and suddenly I felt something moving on the left side ribs. I was normal before that and suddenly I started having anxiety after that. I had oily food after that. Since then I have the fear of heart attack. Is it because of anxiety and acidity?

MS - Counselling and Psychotherapy, Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology, Bachelor of Arts - Psychology and English Literature
Psychologist, Coimbatore
Hi yesterday morning I was playing and suddenly I felt something moving on the left side ribs. I was normal before th...
Hi lybrate-user! Definitely not acidity or anxiety it is due to your activity that you felt the movement, it is just a feeling. Acidity doesn't come in ribs, felt only in the stomach. No need to worry unless otherwise you experience more than 2 or 4 times. If not just ignore. First do not fear everything is action only body mechanism. Take care. Ignore and be relaxed. With regards, Psy. MSV.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello doctor, I want to consult regarding my 4 years old son. My kid is extremely naughty. I used to beat him whenever he used to do anything wrong or he didn't follow me. Today's situation is beating is not making any difference now. He actually turned rude and doesn't listen to others at all. I am worried with his such behavior. I have stopped beating him now. Now I try my level best to handle him calmly. I always try to be polite just to change his nature. But no results. He fights with his friends. Doesn't share his toys and other things. He doesn't listen to me at all. He just ignores whatever I say. He is just very rude with others. I do talk to him for making him realize that beating or fighting is bad. I play with him. I tell him bed time stories for making him feel that he should be a good child and should behave well With others. But no result. Pls suggest how to handle him.

BDS, Certification in hypnotherapy, Certification in N.L.P, Certification in Gene and behavior, Psychology at Work
Psychologist, Gurgaon
Modify your stories, it should be indirect . The main character of the story should be a 4 yr old boy with similarities with him but not him. The moral of the story could be that it is mutual relationship in the world. Those who help get helped , make friends get more friends and the child in the end becomes happy & satisfied. You should purposely not give attention to him(ignore) when he is behaving improperly. He may not be sharing anything, give him time some kids take long to do that.He seems to have a certain personality, which is his genetic make-up. All the efforts should be passive/indirect or YOUR child takes it to his SELF(Strong sense of self/ego).
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 20 years old I had sex with my boyfriend for the first time but I didn't get bleed he had doubt on me that i'm not virgin. But I know how much dedicated I am to him but he is not yet all trust me. What should I do?

M.S. Counselling and Psychotherapy
Psychologist, Bangalore
Dear lybrate user, I can imagine how hurtful it must be for you when your boyfriend is doubting your character. I think, you both need little sex education. When a girl has intercourse for the first time, she is likely to have some bleeding because the hymen breaks when the penis enters the vagina. But please understand that the hymen can get torned even while playing, trekking, cycling or doing any other rigorous physical activity. At the same time in some cases, a girl can have sex but the hymen may remain intact. So whether a girl bleeds or does not bleed at the time of first intercourse, is not a sign of virginity. Please talk to your boyfriend about it or ask him to talk to a doctor.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi !i am a stammer since when I was 5 years old @ 17 years I have started trying to over come it but it's not really working I had tried in many ways it really pushing me down in all aspects can any one help me?

MD - Psychiatry
Psychiatrist, Chennai
Stammering is typically recognised by a tense struggle to get words out. This makes it different from the normal non-fluency we all experience which includes hesitations and repetitions. Commonly it involves repeating or prolonging sounds or words, or getting stuck without any sound (silent blocking). Sometimes people put in extra sounds or words. Often people lose eye contact. Some people who stammer talk their way round difficult words so that you may not realise they stammer at all. This avoidance of words, and avoidance of speaking in some or many situations, is an important aspect of stammering. Stammering varies tremendously from person to person and is highly variable for the person who stammers who may be fluent one minute and struggling to speak the next. Get an mri brain and eeg with a psychiatrist evaluation.
You found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello ,am 27 years old girl ,I want to know about my illness, I feel so anxious and depressed about someone (girl) sometimes, if she speaks with any boy. I am so caring and worried towards her. Can you please suggest something? What is the issue with me I itself cannot get.

Psychologist, Delhi
Hello ,am 27 years old girl ,I want to know about my illness, I feel so anxious and depressed about someone (girl) so...
It happens sometimes that we develop affection and attachment for people of same sex because they are friendly with us and care for us. As a result we don't want to lose them which is very natural. But when this possessiveness becomes out of control and we think too much about being with that person all the time then we feel jealous when that person is with others. Try to see that you can never have complete control over someone else's life. How can you expect that your friend or this girl can always talk to you and not with others. This is practically not possible. All of us meet with so many people each day and we happen to interact with them at varying levels. So if you feel that she should not talk with other guys then you need to change your perception. You think this is some illness. You have provided a label to your feelings of anxiety and sadness as similar to sickness. You are scared from these feelings of affection towards her. You feel insecure and alone when she is with others because you feel you will lose her. But here you need to understand that your insecurity is making you feel that way. We can not possess anyone forever. You also need to understand that what are the reasons for this insecurity. Do you have very few friends? Do you feel shy in making new friends? Are you generally shy and hesitant in interacting with people? Are you in general overpossessive about personal things? If your answer to most of these questions is yes, then you seem to be an introvert and you need to develop proper social skills. Because you do not fully understand your emotions. You should meet a psychologist who can make you understand your feelings better. The more you will understand your emotions better, the more you will be able to regulate them. Right now your feelings towards your friend are uncontrolled and against your wishes. This is making you feel worried about yourself. Calling it an illness would be a big decision and you should first try to understand your feelings properly. Then you will be able to distinguish which emotion is healthy and which is not.
You found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed