Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AnuradhaYour feedback matters!
I have conceived for the first time please suggest me best diet for baby growth and precautions to be taken. I am suggested to take bed rest for 2 months help me regarding this. What food items should be taken for the healthy development of the baby.
Hello 3 mahine pehle meri delivery hui thi by operation, lekin jo injection meri pith me lagaya tha uske dard se mujhe abhi bhi araam nahi mila hai, or is ki wajh se meri puri pith dard krne lagti hai, please koi advice dijiye.
Hypertension or high blood pressure is common in pregnant women, even in those who have no previous history of high blood pressure. This leads to complications in about 6 to 10% of all pregnancies around the world. High blood pressure may develop before or after conception and as such needs special medical attention.
Hypertension prevents sufficient flow of blood to the placenta and this inhibits the normal growth of the fetus. This could result in low birth weight of the child. However, if diagnosed in time and treated properly, hypertension does not affect the child's health too much. There are various types of hypertension during pregnancies, such as:
- Gestational hypertension: This type of hypertension is developed about 20 weeks after conception. There is no abnormality in urine or any signs of other organ damage (as is common with hypertension during pregnancy) but the condition can worsen and complicate very quickly. Pregnant women below the age of 20 and above the age of 40 are often diagnosed with high levels of blood pressure. Women who have heart or kidney conditions before pregnancy and women carrying more than one child are also likely to develop gestational hypertension.
- Chronic hypertension: Chronic hypertension is high blood pressure which develops around 20 weeks before conception and does not normalize within 12 weeks after childbirth. The patient may also have been suffering from high blood pressure for a long time but the complications appear only during pregnancy because high blood pressure rarely exhibits symptoms without an associated condition.
- Chronic hypertension superimposed with Preeclampsia: Women who have hypertension before pregnancy may develop even higher blood pressure levels during pregnancy. This leads to several health disorders like frequent headaches, fatigue and depression.
- Preeclampsia: Preeclampsia is often a serious complication of gestational pregnancy and affects about 5% to 7% of all pregnancies globally. Gestational pregnancy does not always develop into preeclampsia but it needs to be diagnosed and treated in time to avoid the complication. Women who have conceived for the first time or have a history of hypertension in the family are at a greater risk of preeclampsia. The symptoms of the condition are throbbing headaches, blurred vision, nausea and vomiting, pain in the upper abdominal region and shortness of breath.
Hello doctor, I am 21 years old. I am experiencing a pain in my lower abdomen right side for about 2 weeks now. I got my ultrasound done, and the impression is I have a cyst in right ovary (size 51 into 40 mm). My periods are regular, I got my last period on 6th of june 2016 and this month , I have not get my periods yet. I want to ask, is this cyst a matter of worry , how can this be removed? How much time will it take to get removed?
I had sex with my boyfriend on d 24th of this month nd took an ipill d next day are there any chances of pregnancy though v had a protected sex.
Bones are very essential for our overall health and movement. Though formed early in life, they constantly require adequate nutrition to manage routine wear and tear. If not done, there could be degeneration of the bone (either rapid onset or progress), which can lead to multiple changes such as limited movement, painful movement and a stooped posture.
A good balanced diet is essential for overall health, but bone health is primarily dependent on two important substances – Vitamin D and calcium.
- Calcium: This is the most important mineral in the maintenance of strong bones and teeth. Diet is the only source of calcium, and if the body does not receive adequate amounts of it, what is stored in the bones is removed, making the bones fragile and brittle and porous. This condition is known as osteoporosis. Calcium requirements differ across age and gender, and the following food items are rich sources of calcium:
- Dairy products like cheese, milk and yoghurt
- Green leafy vegetables
- Sea foods like sardines, salmon and fish
- Fortified cereals and beverages
- Calcium supplements
- Avoid aerated beverages as they impair calcium absorption.
- Vitamin D: More than calcium, the body requires vitamin D, without which calcium cannot be absorbed into the blood stream. Vitamin D is present in the gut. It is responsible for absorption of calcium and maintains serum calcium and phosphorus levels. Vitamin D is again received through a combination of sun and diet. Common sources of vitamin D include:
- Fatty fish such as tuna, salmon and mackerel
- Dairy products like cheese and milk
- Fortified products including beverages and dairy products
- Mushrooms, cereals, etc.
- Unlike calcium, Vitamin D can be produced in the system naturally when the body is exposed to sunlight. However, in people who do not receive adequate sun, supplements are also useful.
- Others: Though Vitamin D and calcium are the main components, the following are equally important for bone health.
- Phosphorus: As part of bone crystals, it is found in meat and dairy products. Phosphorus absorption is better if there is adequate vitamin D.
- Magnesium: This is responsible for bone strength. Older people may need magnesium supplements.
- Vitamin A: It is essential for normal skeletal growth and is found in liver, butter, eggs, carrots, and green leafy vegetables.
- Vitamin C: It is present in citrus fruits, tomatoes, etc. and is necessary for collagen synthesis.
Tips for maintaining optimal bone health:
- Have plenty of dairy products and soft fish.
- Reduce intake of acidic foods.
- Improve alkaline food intake.
- Increase intake of antioxidants and lycopene-rich foods.
- Moderate alcohol content.
- Reduce caffeine, soda, and sodium.
- Ensure optimal weight management so there is no added pressure on the knees and ankles.
- Maintain optimal levels of physical activity to ensure mobility.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Hello, My question is when I do sex no feelings nothing. But mid time I feel pain and more tired. What is the reason?
Hi, I want to know the possible reasons of breast cancer. My wife is having a 8 months old baby. Please advise.
I am suffering from ringworm like disease, treatment is going on but it keeps coming again and again? What should I do.
Hello, I am 20 years old and I want to loose my virginity with my boyfriend but I panic so much about the pain. I always stop when we reach there I am really ashamed of it. I am having doubts about myself now. Please help me be positive and give me the courage. I am not able to be mentally prepared. I am having doubts about myself and if I can ever do it. please help me overcome these negative thoughts.
Madam since one month fifteen days I am suffering with lot of bleeding with clots than i consult gynaecologist biopsy done report is endometrial proliferative phase she advised deivry 10 mg tab since 5 days bleeding was not controlled what can I do now my age about 45 years.
If I do sex with my gf on 10th day after her periods and give her unwanted 72 is there any chance of being getting pregnant.
Homeopathy is strongly indicated in all cases of sinusitis. Homeopathic treatment en routes for rejuvenating one’s immunity towards such attacks. A constitutional homeopathic treatment can completely cure the recurrence of this disease. Homeopathic remedies facilitate drainage of mucus relieving sinus congestion, reduces inflammation in the sinuses, relieve pain and pressure by clearing the infection. It also prevents the formation of scar tissue and avoids permanent damage to the tissues lining the nose and sinuses. The constitutional approach enhances the vitality of the patient and eliminates the entire allergic predisposition hence impeding recurrent infections. Homeopathic treatment is safe and effective for both children and adults. Homeopathy can be an exceptionally successful approach in decreasing susceptibility in acute and chronic infections, as well as in treating the infection itself. The homeopathic constitutional approach always considers the illness in the context of the whole person taking into account the mental, emotional, physical symptoms and the circumstances surrounding their lives. Its purpose is balance and harmony on all levels by enhancing the body’s own defenses. Homeopathic remedies are natural, gentle, safe and easy to take
Self Care Measures
Manage your allergies and keep away from known allergens.
Avoid exposure to cold air.
Drink plenty of fluids.
Use appropriate hygiene measures and avoid contact with people who have colds and other viral upper respiratory infections.
Avoid cigarette smoke in your home and workplace.
Consider using a humidifier.
Use saltwater nasal washes to help keep the nasal passages open and wash out mucus and bacteria.
Warm salt water gargles.
Avoid blowing your nose as this may force thick mucus back into your sinuses and block them.
Walk in open air.
-DR RUSHALI ANGCHEKAR
VAIBHAVI HOMOEO CLINIC