Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Lucknow and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Akansha Dixit (Pt)
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Akansha Dixit (Pt)Your feedback matters!
Dr Anindita Majumdar Bhattacharya
She is awesome. Very efficient at her work
She is excellent... Very good diagnosis
Mode of treatment was quite satisfying.
Antenatal exercises are specifically designed to prepare the body for parturition/birth. Fitness for the expectant mother includes a combination of breathing techniques, prenatal yoga or stretches, and exercises that strengthen core muscles (especially the back and pelvic floor), boost stamina and enhance energy levels.
The specially patterned breathing helps in aiding relaxation, relieving stress, and coping through contractions and labour.
Benefits of exercises in pregnancy:
1) improves blood flow - the increased oxygen is passed on to your baby
2) releases'happy hormones' which make you feel good
3) prepares your body for late pregnancy when you will carry that extra weight
4) prepares your body for childbirth - it's not called labour for nothing!
5) shorten the labor process
6) Increase the chances of a natural birth
7) decrease the need for pain relief
8) keeps your muscles toned so that they will recover more quickly after birth.
Tips and cautions:-
- Women who were exercising regularly before pregnancy, and who are healthy during pregnancy, should be able to continue exercising as before, with slight changes depending on the trimester.
- Women who have not been exercising before pregnancy will benefit from taking up a low-intensity program and gradually move to a higher activity level.
- Exercise is recommended for 20 to 30 minutes each day, on most days. Most exercises are safe to perform during pregnancy if done with caution.
Almost 90% of smartphone users spend most of their time on their phones. Whatsapp, facebook, twitter, instagram, games. This addiction is not only heavy on our data packs and pockets, but are equally damaging to our neck and back. During neutral position of neck, there are about 10-12 pounds of force working on the cervical spine (neck). The force increases in proportion to the bending angle of our neck. Have a look at the attached picture.
The simplest solution to avoid this damage to our neck and hence development of cervical spondylosis is to hold the phone at eye level!