Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
Submit a review for Ms. Ms. Archana ChhetriYour feedback matters!
My father is a 42 year old and when he board train which is crowded or place like temple which is crowded, he soon become panic and want to come from that area as soon as possible even he try to jump from train. Please help.
Hello I am suffering from a low feeling all the time. It is like a depression which gives me a low feeling all the time.
Why have I started getting irritated so easily? Why have I started losing my patience so fast? It was not the case till few months back. I used to be very patient, cheerful, calm person. But not now. Why this change?
I am 57 years of age. I am suffering from loss of memory and always feeling tiredness due to over work. I am neither diabetic nor problem of Blood pressure. Please guide me.
How can we make our skin glowing. I used to drink amla juice few days ago for last two months, now I stopped drinking it. Now I use to drink 5-6 litre water daily. I don't like applying paste, scrub, face pack, etc. It makes me annoying and irritating! So, Sir/mam how can we make our skin glowing? Can only water make my skin to glow? Or should I follow some other things? I don't know other things so please suggest me something like water which make my skin to glow, instead of applying anything on the face!
Good morning sir, I am tech graduate still I am not able to take my professional as well as personal life decision by my own. I always need help or suggestions from someone. Please help me to overcome this problem.
My father is a doctor (ENT Specialist) , he had great success in the initial stage of career and married to my Mother in 1993, we are 4 siblings. My parents separated 15 years back in a very painful Conditions, he is very true person by nature. As I see him now, he is never able to successfully go ahead with any job and never able to manage with Co workers, he was living alone for the last 15 years and never with any friend, he used to stay at home most of time and not dedicated to work, however he was one of the best performer and was worked as CMO of the government medical college. Due to bad circumstances he left government job in 2007 and since then no income, I somehow joined bpo and earning 20k PM. I found him in very bad condition of living somewhere and took. Him to live with me in Gurgaon. He is suspicious, complaining in nature, dependency for every routine life things, connecting current incidents to previous which is unhealthy. Please help me what should I do.
I smoke over 40 Cigarettes per day and have been an alcoholic for almost two years now. How damaged are my lungs and liver at the present moment?
A panic attack can start suddenly and may be caused due a variety of reasons. A patient of depression and anxiety usually goes through such attacks. The symptoms of these attacks include sudden and persistent fear, the feeling of losing control, the feeling of having a heart attack, palpitations problem, sweating, dizzy spells and more. It has been medically proven that most adults go through at least one or more panic attacks in their lifetime.
Here are a few ways in which one can stop a panic attack:
- Recognise the Signs: Take note of the symptoms. From a feeling of choking to detachment, losing control, surreal experiences, dizzy spells, nausea, pain in the abdomen and chills, to tremors, and a fear of facing death, there are many symptoms that can put your body in a fight or flight response where things may suddenly seem terrifying, and without any reason at that.
- Breath Control: Learn to control your breathing as soon as you begin to experience the symptoms. This will help in distraction even as it soothes and calms you down, thus forcing you to think rationally about the fear and helplessness that you are suddenly experiencing. Sit down with your knees bent and let your shoulders relax.
- Relaxation Techniques: Learn and practice a few relaxation techniques during times like these. This may include simple things like rubbing your neck and more focused activities like talking to yourself and meditating.
- Continuation: Remember to hold your breath, let it out, and then carry on with the activity that you had set out to do. If you stop what you were doing, then the message going to your brain is loud and clear and you will panic even further. But if you relax and zone out before letting yourself go about the chore, however robotically, then it will have a positive effect on the messages that are sent to your brain.
- Medication: In the event that you are not able to fully control and relax yourself and your thoughts, then you may want to see a psychiatrist who can prescribe specific medication that will help in relaxing you. Sedatives and antidepressants may also be prescribed for patients who are going through severe episodes of panic with debilitating symptoms.
- Differentiate between Stress and Panic: Many times, we may feel like we are panicking, yet this may simply be a way of going through stress. It is important to focus on recognising events and reactions as stress or panic.
Not allowing yourself run away from a situation is a sure shot way of dealing with panic as this condition the brain to be more accepting and resilient. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.