Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Ms. Ms. Archana Chhetri
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Ms. Ms. Archana ChhetriYour feedback matters!
I am 43. I forget too much these days and cant think or understand things the way I did. It seems my mind is blocked. Is it due to depression? please advice.
Hi All, I am 29 years old and single. 4 month's back I joined in a new company to continue my carrier. And here I am going through a hard time. There is one woman here who was showing lot of interest to me but I was ignoring her as she has 2 kids and married too. I do not know weather she has husband or not but I know only one thing she has 2 little ones. And I was tired off ignoring and a feeling came in my mind to speak with her. I tried a lot to talk with her but could not make out. Coz I am a introvert boy and never had any girl friend in my life till date. Later I added her in office communicator to start talking with her. Then again I realised what I am I doing she has kids and it's not good to go and than I stopped and did not tested her. After few days we met each other in lift and started talking and since then she used to walk through my bay to reach pantry quit often, And she calls everyone and says hi but not to me. All of sudden she started Ignoring me. And I said hi hello many times but she did not give me a response and keep ignoring me. I have not done anything wrong to get but still she behaves like that. Before this she was keep in starting me from for for a long time and I did not turned my face and continued my work coz when I greeted her she did not response why to go and talk and moved into different direction. From that time she is not giving me response and keep ignoring me. Because of that I am not able to concentrate on work and keep on thinking about her. And even I do not want to go close to her. But still feel like to quit the organisation as she always be in my mind. She looks so sweet may be because of that reason I started talking to her and started feeling guilty what I have done wrong why she is not speaking with me. And it's affecting my productivity. Please any one here tell me how to keep calm my self and work in normal way at my office though she ignores me and because I have to see her everyday coz to go out from the floor or pantry she has to pass by my bay. Suggest me and give me tips how to overcome with this situation. Please your help much needed. And even m not getting sleep properly because of this. So please help me to come out of this situations or else I will be in big trouble. And Thank you. I will be waiting for response.
Nowadays over thinking is my biggest problem and I'm totally depressed over thinking about lyf and all please help that's why no complete sleep.
Blessed are the parents whose children enjoy going to schools. Some parents have to sweat it out to convince and cajole their kids into going to schools. Every morning brings in a new struggle. You will often come across kids who hate going to schools. From complaining of a headache to stomach aches, they will try everything under the sun to give the school a miss. With time, however, things get under control, much to the parent's relief.
The situation gets dicey when children continue to panic, get stressed out at the mere thought of going to school (for a longer duration of time). With time, things get more and more complicated. A situation as critical as this is known as School Refusal Behavior. School refusal can affect children, adolescents, and even teenagers.
Factors that trigger school refusal behavior:
School refusal in children may be an amalgamation of many factors:
- In some children, the problem may be due to ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder). It is a common behavioral disorder that affects many children and even teenagers. In ADHD, children find it a herculean task to concentrate or to pay attention in class. Needless to say, this affects a child's overall performance in class. The fear of getting rebuked and punished (by teachers) may trigger school refusal in such children.
- Many parents set unrealistic goals for their children. They want their children to be the best. What they fail to realize is that in doing so, they end up suffocating the kids. In few extreme cases, the pressure to excel in academics grips them with an unknown fear. They start avoiding classes. They get panic attacks at the mention of schools.
- There are some menaces which can make life miserable. Being bullied in school (by classmates or seniors) is one such issue. As time progresses, the situation may get so unbearable that the child at the receiving end starts showing signs of school refusal.
- Children with undiagnosed and untreated depression, stress, and anxiety may show signs of school refusal. Such kids prefer to stay within themselves. They don't enjoy social gatherings or interacting with people much.
- Some children want to be with their parents all the time. Going to school would mean being away from parents. Thus, they look for excuses to avoid schools.
The symptoms characteristic of school refusal behavior include
- Irritability, inflexibility, and anger.
- Nausea, headache, stomach ache, vomiting.
- The affected child may show signs of separation anxiety.
- Sleep disturbance.
- Tantrums in the morning.
Diagnosis and Treatment:
School refusal needs to be dealt with as early as possible since the longer the child stays away from school, the more difficult it will become for him/her to return to school.
- The Screen for Child Anxiety Related Emotional Disorders (SCARED).
- The Children's Manifest Anxiety Scale.
- The Child Behavior Checklist.
Parents, physician, and school authorities should together chalk out a plan to deal with the situation.
- Cognitive therapy can produce fruitful results.
- Any student subjected to bullying should bring it to the notice of their parents and teachers.
- Parents should not pressurize their child to over perform.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!