Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Mr. Mahesh Natarajan
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Mr. Mahesh NatarajanYour feedback matters!
My brain is too slow in reading the situation. I have low self confidence even though am an engineer. I show less emotion. And overthink about the situation. I love making friends, but I just follow what they are saying. I have no opinion no hobbies of my own. I decide to do one activity and quickly forget what I thought. I prefer to be alone after some time. I try to improve myself but often gets lost in thoughts. I do well in exams that's my only positive. Now I feel there needs to be someone to always tell me what to do. I don't like my voice. Is there something wrong with me? Suggest remedies.
Hello sir, Please tell me what should i do personality development .I am b.pharmacy student, age 21, weight 49.
Hi If any sudden sound or high sound appears I am getting sacred soon my hands are uncontrolled so I am scared in driving, even hore sound makes me to disturb a lot can any one suggest me a solution for it. How should I over come from this problem and please tell me what is the problem.
I had unprotected sex with my bf and he penetrated his semen into me bt I took unwanted 72 after one hour of this deed .my menses date is around 15 june nd we did coitus on 8 june bt the tablet I took was taken out of cover half an hour before consumption .is there any chance of pregnancy as the tablet was unwrapped half an hour prior to consumption. please rply me as soon as possible I am very much tensed.
Dear Sir, I am using depression tablets since 6 months, recently I stopped from one week. I am facing problem with sleep and tingling and crawling sensation all over the body especially in the head. I had same problem before but its cure, recently I got same problem. Does I have to use depression tablets. Please advice me. Am using beta locker and thyroid tablets too.
Bipolar disorder is also known as manic depression. This usually sets in low and high moods in a person along with changes in energy and sleep.
People with bipolar disorder tend to have periodical changes; sometimes they are over happy and other times they might feel sad, depressed and hopeless. Between these changes they are normal. The highs and lows are considered as extreme poles of moods, thus the name bipolar disorder.
Manic term is used when a person with bipolar disorder is highly excited and feels confident. Also, feelings of irritability and recklessness along with irrationality might occur. Some people with mania might have a hallucinations that is they see and hear things that are not there, along with delusions.
The term hypomania is used to describe mild symptoms of mania, in which a person does not have hallucinations and delusions and the symptoms do not interfere with their daily life. Similarly, the term depressive is used to describe a person's time when they feel depressed or sad.
Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder
- The highs and lows in a bipolar disorder do not follow any set pattern. One might feel manic or depressed for hours or days or weeks, months and even years together, before they actually switch to a happy mood. The severity depends from person to person and also changes with time by becoming less or more severe.
- Symptoms of mania or the high are extreme excitement, change from being happy to angry and irritable along with restlessness, speech is rapid with low concentration, less sleep and increased energy, grand plans, alcohol and drug abuse and impulsiveness.
- Symptoms of low or depressive phase are lethargy, worthlessness, feeling of sadness and hopelessness, lowered concentration, irritability, loss of sleep or excessive sleeping, loss of appetite and suicidal tendencies.
Diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder
- In case someone exhibits symptoms of bipolar disorder, then talking to a psychiatrist or a doctor helps. Doctors ask questions related to the mental illness and the associated concerns. Diagnosis is basically recognizing the symptoms of the person, whether they are due to some underlying cause or mood swings because of excessive alcohol. The symptoms have to be noted and the duration, for which they last along with the severity should all be noted. The most obvious symptoms are that of lows and highs in mood and changes in behavior, energy, sleep and thoughts.
- Consulting a doctor or talking to family and friends helps to differentiate the symptoms of bipolar disorder from unipolar disorder.
- Medicines that have mood stabilizers, such as lamotrigine, valproate, lithium, carbamazepine and antipsychotics such as olanzapine, quetiapine should be taken. Psychotherapy is also recommended.