Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay KumarYour feedback matters!
Daily headache, Dr. told migraine and cavarnoma in brain. I am taking migranil but if I take it pain not appear for 2-3 hrs but again it spread through out the head. What I should to get rid of it?
Medical measures: if you have frequent episodes, you will need 2 types of medicines- one to be taken daily for a period of at least 6 months as prophylaxis and 2nd to be taken during attacks of headache for quick relief of pain. These medication should be started only after consultation with a neurologist and ruling out other rare but serious causes of headache.
Lifestyle measures play an equal, if not greater role in management of migraine. They include:
1) regular intake of meals. Avoid fasting, eat breakfast, lumnch and dinner at fixed timings.
2) good 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep daily
3) avoiding foods that precipitate migraine like cheese, chocolate, excess coffee/tea and sour foods
In addition, you may have to temporarily avoid excessive travel and exposure to sunlight which can precipitate headache. Yoga/ meditation and relaxation techniques will help immensely.
Sir,just 20 days back I had pain in the neck,that pain was increases and passed on my left hand shoulder,after 10 days its passed on neck to shoulder to total left hand pain continuos and consult a Ortho doctor first he checked with x ray,given to me tablets no relief the pain,after 3 days I went to the same doctor again,he write for mri scanning,I took the scanning report and went to the doctor he said that the report was early degenerative changes involving the cerical spine. Diffuse symmetrical concentric disc bulge with posterior left paracentral and foraminal protrusion at c6-c7 level. Left neural foraminal borrowing with nerve root compression at c6-c7 level. And docter checked after he suggets you go to neuralagist. He will tells what to do after he checking. And also said to me opiration may be required.that is my problem please suggest to me what can I do now.
I have migraine problem. Though I took medicine it is not helping me. Please suggest me what should I do?
Hi, I have been suffering from insomnia and took medicine for that I got batter but the other I realized I am sleeping but there is not satisfaction after sleep I still feel that I did not sleep for a minute. Now I just started gyming and experiencing body ache after 2 days of exercise. Is it bad if body is not experiencing the pain next day of the exercise. Is there any connection of pain with my sleeping pattern.
What to do when we suffer from excessive migraine pain in home? Give me the home treatment for that.
Hello sir. I'm suffering from insomnia since 2014. I'm not able to concentrate on studies. Due to this problem. I'm preparing for competitive exams. Daily around 4 am I'm sleeping. This effect will shown on the exams. Pls provide me any medicine or yours valuable advice.
Ectodermal dysplasia is curable as my nephew is suffering frm it Dr. suggested that it affected vry slightly which is on his teeth nd his teeth are not cuming he is 4 years old nd having 4 to 6teeth pls suggest something also he feels vry hot bcz of no sweat glands.
This is regarding fainting (Syncope). My brother has this problem from last year and around a month back he became unconscious for around 5 to 7 minutes. It happens when he woke up in the morning and went for urination. After urination he stood and suddenly went to unconscious state. Can some please help on what could be the cause and what should be precautions and what should be the next steps (in terms of check up to be done)?
• Memory loss that gets worse, starting with forgetting recent events and new information, progressing to not recognizing friends and family members
• Difficulty concentrating
• Difficulty understanding words, completing sentences, or finding the right words
• Getting lost in familiar places
• Aggression, agitation, anxiety, restlessness
• Distrusting others
• Withdrawal, disinterest, hostility, or loss of inhibitions
• Problems with movement or coordination
• Muscle stiffness, shuffling or dragging feet while walking
• Insomnia or change in sleep patterns
• Weight loss
• Muscle twitching or seizures
• Eating more fatty, cold-water fish, such as tuna and salmon, may lower your risk of dementia. Fish have high levels of omega-3 fatty acids, which are good for the heart and the brain. Eating fish at least 2 to 3 times per week provides a healthy amount of omega-3 fatty acids.
• Antioxidants, such as vitamins A, E, and C (found in darkly colored fruits and vegetables), may help prevent damage caused by free radicals.
• Keeping blood pressure levels normal may reduce the risk for Alzheimer disease.
• Keeping mentally and socially active may help delay the start or slow the progression of Alzheimer disease.
The goals in treating Alzheimer disease are to:
• Slow progression of the disease
• Manage behavior problems, confusion, and agitation
• Provide a safe living environment
• Support family members and other caregiver
Studies show the following lifestyle changes may help improve behavior in people with Alzheimer disease:
• A regular walk with a caregiver or trusted companion may improve communication skills and reduce the chance of wandering.
• Bright light therapy may reduce insomnia and wandering.
• Calming music may reduce wandering and restlessness, boost brain chemicals, and improve behavior.
• Pets can sometimes help people improve behavior.
• Relaxation training and other exercises that require focused attention may help boost social interaction and make it easier to do tasks.
Nutrition and Dietary Supplements
People with Alzheimer disease may need help with their diet. They often forget to eat and drink and can get dehydrated.
Follow these tips for a healthy diet:
• Eat antioxidant foods, including fruits (such as blueberries, cherries, and tomatoes) and vegetables (such as squash and bell peppers).
• Eat foods high in B-vitamins and calcium, such as almonds, beans, whole grains, dark leafy greens (such as spinach and kale), and sea vegetables such as kelp and dulse.
• Eat more high-fiber foods, including beans, oats, and root vegetables (such as potatoes and yams).
• Avoid refined foods such as white breads, pastas, and especially sugar.
• Eat fewer red meats and more lean meats and cold-water fish.
• Use healthy oils in foods, such as olive oil
• Reduce or eliminate trans-fats, found in commercially-baked goods, such as cookies, crackers, cakes, French fries, onion rings, donuts, processed foods, and margarine.
• DO NOT smoke.
• Drink 6 to 8 glasses of filtered water daily.
• Exercise at least 30 minutes daily, 5 days a week.
• Ginkgo (Ginkgo biloba) shows some evidence for treating early Alzheimer disease and vascular dementia. If you are taking blood-thinning medication, such as warfarin clopidogrel, or aspirin, DO NOT use ginkgo without your doctor's supervision.
• Huperzine A, a chemical made from the plant Huperzia serrata, may improve memory in both vascular and Alzheimer dementia, according to several studies in China.
• American ginseng(Panax quinquefolium) improves blood flow to the brain.
• One study found that lemon balm (Melissa officinalis) helped improve mental function in people with mild-to-moderate Alzheimer disease. Lemon balm may act like a mild sedative.
• Bacopa (Bacopa monnieri) leaf extract, called Brahmi, is used in Ayurvedic or Indian medicine to improve brain function and learning. Bacopa may slow your heart rate. People with stomach ulcers, intestinal problems, or emphysema should not tale bacopa.
• Vinpocetine (isolated from Vinca minor) may increase blood flow to the brain and help the brain use oxygen better. Vinpocetine may interact with blood-thinning medicines
Massage and Physical Therapy
People with Alzheimer disease become frustrated and anxious because they cannot communicate well with language. Using touch, or massage, as nonverbal communication may help.
Music therapy, using music to calm and heal, cannot slow or reverse dementia. But it may improve quality of life for both a person with Alzheimer disease and their caregiver.
Preliminary studies suggest aromatherapy, including lavendar may help alleviate agitation among people who have dementia.
Alzheimer disease can lead to many complications, including:
• "Sundowning", withdrawal or agitation in the evening
• Malnutrition and dehydration
• Infection, from urinary tract infections or pneumonia
• Asphyxiation, stopped breathing
• Harmful or violent behavior toward self or others
• Poor health and support due to caregiver burnout
• Physical and emotional abuse, including neglect
• Heart disease
Alzheimer disease gets worse over time, however, people with the disease may live for many years. Those with a long-standing history of high blood pressure are more likely to get worse faster.
I have a migraine problem. I am having a headache frequently about 2 times in a week. What is the solution for this?
My husband is suffering from skin infection 'herper zoster'.He has epilepsy. Can he use his epilepsy medicines along with skin infection medicines? He is using oxmazetol 300 mg in the mornings and 500 mg in the night.
I am 60 years, diabetic for five years, on Metaforte-500mg, 1-0-1, I do pranayama, sudarshan Kriya yoga, morning my breakfast will be invariably protein shake (herbalife) and my sugar is under control (98 -110) fasting and 140-150 PPBS. HBA1c is 6.5. My problem is foot neuropathy, there is no total numbness, but lot of talking and burning sensation. My doctor says HBA1c should be brought down to 6. My BP will vary from 135/90 to 140/95. Please suggest some remedy for foot neuropathy.
Hello sir, My father is 80 year old. 4 months ago he gets stroke. Any treatment is there for this? It ll definitely cure? Tablets response in this age?
Autism is the most common condition in a group of developmental disorders known as the autism spectrum disorders (asds). Autism is characterized by impaired social interaction, problems with verbal and nonverbal communication, and unusual, repetitive, or severely limited activities
Autistic children have difficulties with social interaction, problems with verbal and nonverbal communication, and repetitive behaviors and narrow obsessive interests.
Children with autism may fail to respond to their name and often avoid eye contact with other people. They have difficulty interpreting what others are thinking or feeling because they can’t understand social cues, such as tone of voice or facial expressions, and don’t watch other people’s faces for clues about appropriate behavior. They often lack empathy and engage in repetitive movements such as rocking and twirling, they also tend to start speaking later than other children and may refer to themselves by name instead of “i” or “me.” children with autism don’t know how to play interactively with other children. Some speak in a sing-song voice about a narrow range of favorite topics, with little regard for the interests of the person to whom they are speaking. Many children with autism have a reduced sensitivity to pain, but are abnormally sensitive to sound, touch, or other sensory stimulation. These unusual reactions may contribute to behavioral symptoms.