Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ThyagarajYour feedback matters!
High uric acid levels in the blood stream can lead to a common form of arthritis called gout. To prevent gout, it is essential to maintain good eating habits and have proper medication. To reduce the uric acid levels in blood, you may need to limit intake of alcohol, sugary foods and reduce purine rich foods like meat, poultry, seafood and pulses. Vegetables such as cauliflower, asparagus, spinach, peas and mushroom also contain a lot of purines. Digestion of purine leads to the formation of uric acid. If uric acid is not eliminated normally which is seen in gout sufferers, it can build up in the blood stream leading to joint inflammation and pain.
Water Water flushes out toxins including excess uric acid from the body. Have at least 10- 12 glasses of water daily.
Cherries Cherries have anti–inflammatory substances named anthocyanis that help reduce uric acid levels. It prevents the uric acid from crystallising and being deposited in the joints. Cherries also neutralise the acids and help prevent inflammation and pain. 200 gms per day is very effective in bringing down uric acid.
Apple Malic acid in apple neutralises uric acid and thus provides relief to the sufferers. You should consume one apple daily after a meal.
Lime The citric acid found in lime is a solvent of the uric acid .The juice of half a lime squeezed into a glass of water should be taken twice daily.
French bean Juice Another effective home remedy for gout is french beans juice. The healthy juice can be consumed twice everyday for treating gout or high uric acid.
Celery seed This is a popular home remedy to lower uric acid levels in the body. Have celery seeds extract to get best results.
Berries Berries especially strawberries, and blueberries have anti-inflammatory properties so include them in your diet.
Apple Cider Vinegar Drink apple cider vinegar. Add 3 teaspoons of vinegar to 8 ounces of water and have it 2-3 times every day to treat uric acid.
Pinto Beans A diet rich in folic acid can help lower uric acid naturally. Folic acid rich foods like pinto beans, sunflower seeds and lentils should be included in your diet.
I am having not enough sleep from 5 years I don't know why? I slept maximum of 4 hours a day. What is my problem?
I have dry cough continuously for 2 weeks before I had cold with fever after that it is continuing. So what to do?
I am 29 year old men and suffering from diabetes last 6 month, I am daily take gluconorm g 1 but glucose level not mention, what I do?
I am nearly 67 yrs and weigh 134 kgs. Over last 40 yrs have been gaining 1-2 kgs every year. I take 30- 45 mts walk 4-5 days a week. Do regular yoga Pranayam. Vegetarian, Keep on a diet of 1500 cal. Except daily 50 mg thyroxine take occasional 100 mg ecosprin when feel breathless. Life Style: Little business, mostly at home. Sleep at 10.00 PM daily and wake around 3.00 am Not diabetic. What to do to correct overweight to below 100 Kgs by the end of 2015.
I have read a clomn here if you drink green tea it good for help but now I read same column here that green tea is not good for health. Please tell me what to do?
Since last 3 months facing constipation and still not got pure cure pls guide me for the same thanks.
Hypertension or high blood pressure can be defined as a condition wherein the thrust of the blood against the walls of the arteries is excessively high, thereby, increasing chances of health hazards. The amount of blood that is pumped by the heart and the resistance put up by the arteries usually determine one’s blood pressure count. For instance, if the heart pumps excess amount of blood while the arteries shrink, the blood pressure can soar high. High blood pressure or hypertension may give rise to symptoms such as nosebleeds, short breaths or headaches.
There are two types of hypertension, one is primary and the other is secondary. For essential or primary hypertension, there is no significant reason and the condition slowly develops over years. The secondary one appears all of a sudden as a result of a repressed condition such as thyroid or kidney problems, defective blood vessels and certain medications such as pain-killers, cold relievers, pills for birth control and others.
Other factors responsible for hypertension are:
- As you age it increases
- Family history
- Being obese or overweight
- Being physically inactive
- Consuming too much of sodium or salt in your diet
- Little intake of potassium and Vitamin D in meals
- Being subject to high levels of stress
- Chronic medical disorders such as diabetes
- Alcohol or drug abuse
- Thiazide diuretics can be administered. These help to flush out excess water and sodium from the body in order to reduce excessive volume of blood thrusting against the arteries.
- Beta blockers ease the workload of the heart by opening up the blood vessels.
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors help inhibit the production of chemicals narrowing the blood vessels.
- Angiotensin II receptor blockers (ARBs) are used to obstruct and curb the action of the chemicals contracting the blood vessels.
- Calcium channel blockers help to loosen the blood vessel muscles
- Renin inhibitors can delay the production of an enzyme called ‘renin’ by the kidneys that increase one’s blood pressure
- One should follow a well-balanced diet that comprises of less salt.
- There is no substitute to regular exercises. Exercising regularly helps one maintain a balanced body weight that further reduces the chances of this condition.
- Abstaining from smoking and limiting alcohol intake helps provide that holistic cover to all the treatment modes mentioned above.