Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sunil Kumar
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Sunil KumarYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor mera naam ali hai mere heart beat khud hi bahut ho jaate hai or pura jism halka halka kaapta hai matlab vibrate hone lagta hai mujhe ye problem abhi 1 month se ho rahe hai please aap mujhe is problem ka elaaj batao.
Hello doctor. My grandfather had heart problem. And doctor advised for angiogram (stent placement. 10 months have been passed but he has still having pain in heart and also he was getting severe headache. Everytime he use tension tablet to get sleep in the night. So any problem with the stent or it will be normal.
Recently I have done a test and found that I have iron deficiency and cholesterol level is high. What should be done from my end to reach the correct numbers.
Hi I am 26 years male, my cholesterol level is 213 , I have family history of heart prblm (MI) father. I want to know that I should take cholesterol decrease tablet. If yes suggest me I should go for ayurveda or allopathy.
Every year, heart diseases become a major reason of death all over the world. But did you know that a simple vaccine like a flu shot can be instrumental in saving you from a heart attack?
Read on to find how this simple vaccine can save your life...
Influenza or flu has been linked with heart diseases for long and patients suffering from these diseases are always advised to be cautious in the flu season to reduce the risk of heart attacks. The ‘Journal of the American Medical Association’ recently published a study, which revealed that people who have already observed symptoms of heart diseases in them, can diminish their chances of getting a heart attack and stroke by opting to get a flu shot. Among the 6735 participants of the study, 50% were given flu shots. The results observed declared that there was 36% less chance of heart diseases and stroke resulting in death in people who had received this vaccine. Moreover, recent sufferers of a heart attack were proved to be at 55% reduced threat of experiencing another major heart problem after taking the shot.
How can the flu vaccine reduce the risk of a heart attack?
The flu vaccine works towards strengthening your immune system, and thereby decreasing the risks of a potential stroke.
One theory suggests that if a person is suffering from flu, he/she experiences an increased heart rate, elevated body temperature and augmented oxygen content of the blood, besides an alteration in the consistency in blood, which can give rise to a blood clot. Now, heart attack is mostly caused when an artery of a person is 85-90 per cent blocked by plaque, but a person having flu may be at a risk of getting it merely with 40 per cent artery blockage. The function of the flu shot is to prevent flu, which in turn prevents plaque build up in your body, thereby reducing chances of a heart attack.
Another hypothesis is that the flu shot intervenes with the functioning of the immune system of your body, and helps in developing antibodies, which provide better protection against different types of infections, thus preventing heart attacks and strokes.
Your heart gives you warning signs before the onset of a major problem. You may not even know that you are at risk of one or more heart diseases if you fail to notice these small signs that your heart sends out. Even a minor symptom, like chest pain, can indicate that your heart may be in trouble. While there could be many causal factors for a heart condition, here some symptoms, which are possible indications of a heart disease and should not be ignored in any case.
1. Chest pain or discomfort - This symptom is the most common one, which indicates that your heart is not healthy. It usually comes in the form of a pain, pressure or tightness in the chest and may happen due to a blocked artery. This may be an early warning sign of a heart attack and you should seek professional advice before it turns into a major problem.
2. Excessive sweating - If you often sweat without any valid reason, it might be a sign to be concerned for. The sweating experienced will feel more like the one that arises due to stress rather than common perspiration experienced due to any vigorous physical activity.
3. Difficulty in breathing - Shortness of breath is an indication that you are at high risk of getting a heart attack. The symptom includes having difficulty in breathing and feels similar to the panting experienced after a long run.
4. Nausea and frequent stomach problems - If you experience nausea, heartburn, indigestion or abdominal pain frequently, it may be the result of an unhealthy heart. Of course, these signs may be due to other diseases as well, but if you experience any of the other symptoms of heart problems too, it's highly probable that your heart is in trouble.
5. Exhaustion - If you fall into the high-risk zone of being a potential heart patient, you may feel exhausted after doing some simple chores, which didn't tire you earlier. Common examples may be climbing the stairs or carrying something from your doorstep inside the house to name a few.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!