Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Sunil KumarYour feedback matters!
What are triglycerides. I have 416 count in my lipid profile reports. What to do to reduce? Please guide me.
Hello, I am 27 year old married women. I am suffering from hypothyroidism and pcod. My triglycerides are high. Since 6 months I am suffering from high bp. So my cardiologist had prescribed nebicard 5. Then switched to 2.5 and then 1.25. Now my bp is normal and I am not taking any bp medication. Heartbeat is high when I am resting and sitting around 95 and when I am walking its around 120 due to which I feel very tired and I have to take rest. Heartbeat was a issue before high bp. There is a pain in left side chest also. I have done echo and its normal. What should I do.
I am a heart patient and I often got tension of my family and that is why my BP gets high. Is there any helpful task to reduce it immediately?
My test result: Creatinine serum 1.18mg Microalbuminuria (spot) 47.3mg TSH 6.73 Fasting blood sugar 82mg Lipid profile: Total cholesterol 189mg HDL 44mg LDL 119mg VLDL 26mg Triglyceride 130mg Give me advise?
The cases of heart disease are on the continuous rise in this century, lack of physical activities, unhealthy food and sedentary lifestyle is making the country at risk of heart disease. Although it could be avoided easily but due to ignorance we do not give our health the importance it deserve uand end up having a disease and the number of diseases keep on increasing every few years. Here are some health advises to keep your body healthy and away from heart diseases.
What are the symptoms of heart disease?
The following symptoms may arise when someone is having a heart disease.
- Shortness of breath
What are the causes of heart disease?
The main reason for heart disease is the shortness of blood and oxygen supply to the heart and your diet and lack of physical activity plays a huge role in heart diseases.
Other causes of heart disease include:
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Lack of physical activity
Now what can I do for for my problem?
The basic formula for prevention and treatment of heart disease is strategically redesigning the way you eat, live and think. You have to be health oriented; your aim should be minimizing the risk factors of heart disease.
The following tips might be handy.
Things to avoid:
- Do not use high concentration of sodium in the diet.
- Avoid excessive sugar and salt
- Alcohol and smoking
- Avoid oily food and fats
Things to do:
- Find an inspiration: It is hard to change your life, to change what you have been doing for many years. Seek motivation to stay fit and healthy, it could be the picture of your little child, your family, your career etc.
- Organic diet: try to keep your diet based around fresh, organic produce. Stay away from packaged fruits as long as possible. Fruits and vegetables having a high concentration of dietary fiber keep you healthy and light.
- Exercise: A habit of regular exercise keeps you fit and your body muscles toned. The aim of exercise should be to stay fit rather than getting a six pack abs or beefing up. You will look good when you are fit.
- Staying active: There is a lot of difference between staying active and exercising. You might be doing the exercise for half an hour and staying lazy for the rest of the day. Instead of sitting the whole day, try to walk, stand and move as much as possible. Learn to play an outdoor sport and play regularly.
Hiii doctor. This is Sarfaraz momin. I want to asked that am not feeling well since two or three day. AM feeling cough and my chest is paining.
Self suffering high blood pressure due continue thinking & every small things taken on mind always worried. Kindly guide in cheap cost medicines which I may continue to reduce weight and blood pressure.
I am 28y old man & i am feeling some cartilage type thing in b/w chest joint, which not visible from out side but can feel on pressing the skin. please help in this whether its bad or normal thing.
MY Father suffered from Gangrenene along with extreme weakness. Though gangrene got cured he doesnot gets strength back. It has become 8 months, his tests like blood, urine and others are normal though sometimes he suffers from low bp but his neck has got bended forward and he shows lesser level of consciousness. His age is 78 please guide.
Hey doctor I had a major operation for heart for about 3 years ago. There was no much no problem after that. But now I am having a pain which comes simultaneously.
I am 70 a male, BP controlled by medicine for past 12 years at 130/80, non diabetic generally in good health with regular exercise of walking and yoga breathing regulated diet wrt sugar, fat and salt intake. Recently I had a bout of pain in back of neck possibly due to muscle pull while doing shoulder stretching exercise. Over days the pain has shifted to back of shoulder (only right shoulder) However I find that the pain seems to grip external throat area lasting for a couple of hours once or twice a day. Could this pain be due to vascular insufficiency or a cardiac forewarning?
I have noticed some tumours on my body (on my hand and my back) which are not properly visible, but I can feel that when I touch on that. I went to a surgery Dr. and he said that it's a cholesterol thing and no need to worry and if I want I can remove it by a surgery. Those tumours are neither aching nor growing. I happened to read an article which says tumours like this are symptoms of cancer. What am I supposed to do now? Dr. says its cholesterol. But I'm still scared.
I have high blood pressure for the pass 15 yrs, I'm now 39, try very hard to have baby. I request the doc in polyclinic to switch my medicine to the type that suitable to have baby. But my pressure is always on the high side after the switch, the reading is always 150/110. I'm feeling very depress. What should I do? Please advise.
Dear sir/madam, My heartbeat goes very fast at night (when I am trying to sleep), this causes uneasiness. I have been facing this since last week.
What type of medicine I should try when high blood pressure? I am 32 year old guy and some I feel high blood pressure.
One of the crucial types of surgery is the heart surgery, which is commonly known as the bypass. It is a type of surgery in which the chest is cut, and surgery is done on valves, muscles, and heart arteries. As per the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, it is one of the most common types of surgeries, which is performed on adults. During this surgery, the prime focus is to remove the blockage from the heart so that fresh blood can easily flow into the heart. No doubt that this process is critical, but it is easily true that after the surgery you have to take extra care of yourself.
Talking of which, here are certain things that you can expect after the surgery.
- Moved To ICU: The moment, the surgery is done, you will be moved to the Intensive Care Unit where the person’s health conditions will be monitored, vital signs will be checked, and medical professional will frequently visit to make sure that the patient is just doing fine. Once the surgery is over, you may not wake up quickly, but you will continue to breathe through the breathing tube. About food, of course, you will not be allowed to take solid food, but there is an intravenous (IV) needle will be put in a blood vessel in your chest and arm from which you will be given fluids.
- Recovery At Home: Once you are given the discharge, your focus should be to get recovered quickly. Recovery at home entirely depends on the heart problem for which the surgery was done. Of course, the doctor will give you necessary instructions with regards to healing incision, dealing with after effect is and understanding the signs of complications. Follow up the medicines and attend the appointments as advised to keep track of your health condition. You may face some after effects such as appetite loss, constipation and sleeping problem. If there is any complication, make sure you speak with a doctor about the same immediately.
- Ongoing Care Is Important Too: Once the surgery is over, as said, you will have to go for frequent checkup with your doctor. During these visits, your doctor will tell you to get blood, stress test and electrocardiogram done, which will assess the working condition of the heart. You might also be given few blood-thinning medicine and bring certain changes in lifestyle and medicine.
There are certain phases of recovery which will take time eventually. The first phase is the lengthy one that can last for around 6-8 weeks. Once you get a discharge from the hospital, you will be given instructions that you must follow with good care. This will pace up the healing process and make the process better.