Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shashikala Rajendran
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shashikala RajendranYour feedback matters!
I had 2 miscarriages. My al reports are finenow m planning for my pregnancy again n n very scared is there any tips so that I can hv successful pregnancy this time.
Dear sir, I have burning sensation in my feet and palm occasionally which makes my palm and feet red. Please tell me the reason behind it.
Supposed urine test results negative comes & period not occur after 22 days passed. What further to do for her period ,is any medicine for regular mc. Pl advice.
I am 19 years old. Me n my boyfriend met in a theatre n we masturbated together, he touched my clitoris with finger but he didn't enter my vagina we didn't intercourse ,i in sitting position in theatre hall ,is there any chance of getting pregnant. How much chances are there, n my period date is 2 days later. Please answer.
Hi mam i'm 23 years old female. I have very bad smell from vagina in reports it has come up stating I have multiple cyst both the sides and also PCOD has come up also have irregular periods from past 1 years I have lot of pain in MA lower back I have been to gynaecologist and also urologist their is no use. If m taking antibiotics I feeling good 1ns done with tablets agn smell and itching is getting started Also I have small breast i'm really very upset I even stopped working with this health depression please help me mam.
The main symptom of genital herpes include occurrence of blisters around or near the rectum. These blisters do break eventually, but they leave behind sores that are very tender and that take about 2 to 4 weeks to heal when the eruption of blisters occurs for the first time. The subsequent outbreaks are shorter and less severe than the first outburst. The disease can spread easily through sexual intercourse and it is better to consult a doctor, even if no clear symptoms are visible. Genital herpes cause tingling sensation and a lot of uneasiness in the genital area.
Causes of genital herpes
- The genital herpes infection is mainly caused by 2 different types of HSVs or herpes simplex virus.
- The first type of herpes simplex virus most commonly infect the lips and they cause cold sores, which are recognized as fever blisters.
- The first type of HSV type 1 virus can also produce sores in the genital area. The usual cause of genital herpes is the HSV type 2 and that can infect the mouth.
- Genital herpes can be simply transmitted from one individual to another during sex. The symptoms of herpes can be produced on and off in some people as it remains in the nerve cells of the body.
Symptoms of genital herpes
- Burning or itchy feeling in the genital area that lasts for more than 2-3 weeks.
- Pain is experienced in the genital area, legs and buttocks.
- Fluid is discharged from the Vagina, and pressure is experienced in the abdomen.
- The sores appear after few days on regions where the virus has entered like penis, vagina or the mouth.
- The other general symptoms that can occur under this condition are headache, fever, muscle aches and difficulty in urination.
- The glands around the groin area also get swollen at times.
Homeopathic medicines are safe
It is a contagious disease and use of homeopathic remedies is very effective in treating herpes. Remarkable results can be gained by taking homeopathic medicines, and these are extremely safe. There are no side effects caused by taking homeopathic medications, and are of great use in eradicating the condition from the root. The intensity of the genital herpes condition takes a long time to wither and use of homeopathic medicine though provides slow results is very effective and harmless. The best homeopathic medication that can be taken to treat genital herpes is Natrum Mur for both men and women.
My wife is 35 years old. She is having periods for every 15 days from 45 days. In 2009 she had been suggested with mirena, we went with mirena in 2009 and removed it in 2015. There was no problem even after removing mirena but from last 2 month she is having heavy bleed with pain and also becoming very weak. Please suggest me with good advice and treatment and we are undergoing all medications according to my regular gynaecologist.
I am 36 weeks pregnancy and my usg report show ectopic fetus in left kidney. It is dangerous or not and its treatment?
I had acne on my stomach and back. doctor suggested minocyclic diavaine 50mg tablet and soap. i have pigmentation on my face and nose also become fat. These above conditions r developed during 7th month of my pregnancy. i had c section 5 weeks before. shall i use minocyclic tablet during brest feeding
I am 1 month pregnant and not getting vomit or nausea yet. Hcg test says positive. Haven't visited a gynae yet. 7 days over my menstrual date. Not other symptoms except missed period. Is everything alright? Please advice
My wife visited gynaecologist and was told that she has conceived. This was confirmed on 17 Feb 15. She prescribed Duphaston 10 mg , Folsafe , Gestofit 300 SR. All medicines twice daily. She was asked to visit today i.E. 8 mar 15. We visited today and Dr. Did ultrasound twice and told that again she will do ultrasound again after one week and continued the medicines. When asked about probable dates Dr. Told that is 19 JAN 2016. Now this is surprising. Dr. Was so busy that she even did nt listened to patient. My wife repeatedly told that her BP is very low (we checked regularly at home) 55/100 avg. But Dr. Ignored. Now our worry is about date. Need advice.
My wife is pregnant, 9th month is running, now a days she`s body skin is become black and surrounding area of nipple and brest are dark black, it is normal in pregnancy, please give me suggestion, we both are scared.
What is the treatment for a cystic mass on left side pelvic cavity lateral to urinary bladder wall and superior to uterine fundus measuring (47 X 42 X 46 MM) VOLUME 46 CC peritoneal CYST. Is it a cancer?
I'm having pcos my menstrual cycle is just only for 2-3 days, menses are regular but I'm afraid if I'm gonna have early menopause? My reports are in the documents plss help.
(this is IVF case) Hello Dr, there is case of twins pregnancy. 7 month is completed. Now sudden three days before we go for the routine check up and Dr. Tell that 1 fetus is dismissed. Now I want to know What can I do now! Is second baby is safe now. Plss tell asap.
Over the years my period days have reduced from 5 days to 1.5 days. I got married 2 years back. Not wanting to get pregnant started taking pills in consultation with gynac. But within no time face was full of acne. So discontinued pills. Is it normal to have 1.5 days of medium bleeding with periods almost every time regular?
We are planning to start a family know but my wife not able to conceive. We consult with 2 docs and done some test but nothing unusual came under test report. Kindly advice and if possible who is the best doctor for that and to whom we will consult.
Does daily sex effect the health of women and can one have sex during menses? Lastly how to increase breast size in women.
Your body goes through drastic changes when you are pregnant. Your body makes more blood during pregnancy; for instance, prior to pregnancy, your body made approximately 5 litres of blood, but now it produces 7 to 8 litres of it.
Producing excess red blood cells requires haemoglobin, which in turn requires plenty of folate, iron and vitamin B12. If there is a deficiency in any of these requirements, you might develop anaemia.
Anaemia is a condition, which is characterized by a lack of red blood cells in the body. The risks of becoming anaemic during pregnancy include:
- Being extremely fatigued
- Miscarriages, premature birth, or low birth-weight
- The baby can inherit anaemia from the mother
- The child can have certain developmental delays
- Postpartum depression (post-childbirth depression)
How it can be prevented?
To prevent such risks, it is important to implement the proper diet. Here are some dietary tips to prevent anaemia during pregnancy:
1. Consume iron-rich foods: Foods that provide you with the best source of iron are
- Poultry and eggs
- Dark green and leafy vegetables (for example: spinach, broccoli and kale)
- Seeds and nuts
- Beans and lentils
- Ripe bananas
2. Don't forget the supplements: Foods are great sources of the nutrients you require, but they may be lacking at times. Ask your doctor for supplements like vitamin, folic acid and iron supplements mostly. Consuming supplements before pregnancy can go a long way in preventing anaemia.
3. Folic acid is important: Folic acid is very important for pregnant women. You must consume 400 milligrams of it to prevent anaemia and birth defects in babies. Foods that are rich in folic acid include:
- Brussel sprouts
4. Vitamins are crucial: Vitamin C helps in iron absorption which boosts haemoglobin production. Some foods rich in vitamin C include
- Citrus fruits
- Bell peppers
5. Be vigilant while cooking: Sometimes while cooking foods, the wrong method can strip them of their iron content. So be careful not to fry, boil or stew such foods too much. Certain foods are best consumed raw; read the labels properly if in doubt.