Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shashikala RajendranYour feedback matters!
Please tell me doctor is this necessary to go for D&C procedure after natural miscarriage? Because I had my natural miscarriage on 19 June I was 1 & half month pregnant and had my D&C on 21 June .my period still haven't come .what should I do doctor ?is there any thing serious?
My partner released his sperms near my vagina as he was just humping and we didn't had intercourse. As soon as his sperms came out I washed my vagina. This happened on 3rd dec. My last period last dated at 26th nov which means that all this happened after 7 days my periods got over. Is there any chance of getting pregnant considering my period dates and not having intercourse?
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
My daughter is married since 6 years. She had conceived in 2013, but it was Empty Sach and hence laparoscopy was done. Also the ovarian cyst was removed. Later on, the cyst was found when scanned, as she was not conceived. Now after home treatment ,one of her Ovary is almost clear, while the other is still having cyst, though reduced. Gynac Doctor suggested ,you can try as one ovary is clear and ovulation is from alternate ovaries by cycle. How to confirm the proper ovulation from clear ovary now so that attempt can be made without anxiety in the prospective ovulation cycle. What Is the cause of empty sach--due to sperm mobility/strength or weak ovum?
Some of the diseases can manifest during pregnancy, like some diseases of heart, blood pressure, blood sugar etc. But if the couple comes to doctor when they are planning pregnancy, then we can diagnose it and start treatment so that pregnancy can be safe to both the mother and the baby.
On the other hand, some pre-existing disease may turn serious during pregnancy and endanger life of both mother and baby. This includes thyroid disease, hypertension, epilepsy, renal disease, cardiac disease etc. If taken care of properly, the disease can be controlled before pregnancy so that the risk can be reduced. Again all the drugs are not safe for the baby. So, if treated before pregnancy, the mother can be put on safer but effective drugs before pregnancy.
Some diseases may run in family and often goes undetected and can affect the baby. Thlassaemia, hemophilia etc are the best examples. So, if the couple comes to us before pregnancy, we can screen them to diagnose whether they are bearer of the disease or not and then we can take care to prevent birth of defective baby.
Some diseases indicate that there may be problems in having pregnancy, like problems in periods or abdominal pain in female, sexual problems in male and female etc. If treated properly, it will avoid unnecessary time wastage for trying for pregnancy.
The woman can be instructed how to remain healthy to have normal baby, before pregnancy. She can be advised some drugs (like folic acid), can be asked to avoid harmful drugs and substances (like drugs, excessive vitamin a, excessive vitamin d, excessive caffeine, smoking etc). Even the husband can be asked how to improve his fertility (by avoiding heat exposure to his scrotum).
Again some infections can be dangerous for the baby. So, before pregnancy we can treat the women for the infections and in some cases we can vaccinate her to prevent infection.
"a stitch in time saves nine. So, why don't you consult your gynecologist when you are planning for pregnancy? have smooth journey throughout pregnancy and enjoy parenthood.
My vagina is very soft. After sex it pain much more and I couldn't enjoy more and more. So I want to make my pussy hard. My boobs are much small, I fucked more for make my boobs bigger but they not. My boyfriend has small penis I want it biggest like pornstars cock. I watch porn daily and masturbate daily is it affect me?
Hi, Its been 2dayz me and my wife intimated sexually for the first time. It's lyk during intimation she don't bleed but after that she did bleed for some time. Later she was fine with some back pain and hip cramps. Next day, that is after 24 hrs. She has bleed continuously for around 2-3 mins after she pissed. Same thing continued today that is again after 24 hrs of last bleed. Kindly suggest us to know as what is wrong or how can this problem be solved? why is she still bleeding? Kindly suggest us something as we are really tensed.
I'm 21. Stopped bc pills a year ago. Caught shingles and flu last month. Started the same the day as the the first day of my period. Period stopped 2 days after coming. Never returned. Due again this month, 3 days ago. Still haven't come. Feels like it on or coming, but it's not here. Not pregnant. Please help?
I AM MARRIED 4 MONTH AGO, LAST TIME MY PERIOD DATE IS 6th Feb 2016, BUT STILL NOW MY PERIOD DATE IS OVER, TODAY I AM TEST MY URINE BUT THIS RESULT IS NEGATIVE, SO PLEASE HELP ME WHAT CAN I DO?
I am present 6th month running but my breast , belly , underarms , neck is black now so this normal or dangers . My baby is safe ?
I have done unprotected sex with mah wife and I gave her ipill after few hours wat are the chances of my wife to get pregnant and do the monthly cycle changes its date. And at last wat are the chances of either one of us to acquire AIDS.
Pregnancy brings with it a new set of additional responsibilities. The mother has to be extra vigilant about monitoring and caring for her health. This ensures that sufficient nutrition is being provided to the growing infant, at the same time, ensuring no harm comes through you. Listed below are some simple ways to do the same.
- Prenatal care: As soon as you realize that you are pregnant, it is advisable to talk to a doctor or a midwife about proper prenatal care. This could include anything and everything from prenatal vitamins to food habits to exercise to sleeping habits to periodic scanning – the whole hog.
- Diet: You need to ensure two things: that you are eating enough for two people, and also that everything is healthy and not harmful for the little one that gets all its nutrition through you. The diet should be healthy, nutritious, wholesome, and of course free of junk. Some pointers to a healthy diet include:
- Include a good amount of fruits and vegetables every day; break it into five small portions.
- Sufficient amount of carbohydrates should be the basis of each meal.
- Whole grains are preferred to white grains, which also give good amount of fiber.
- A good amount of proteins including fish, eggs, meat, nuts, pulses, milk, and other dairy products.
- Ensure adequate amount of iron, calcium, and other minerals are included in the diet.
- Avoid eating non-pasteurized dairy products, uncooked or undercooked food, and smoked seafood.
- Folic acid is compulsory for the first trimester as it helps to protect your unborn baby from developing neural tube defects such as spina bifida. Also, it helps to prevent other birth defects, such as a cleft palate .
- Weight gain: If your weight was normal for your age and height before pregnancy, expect to add about 12 to 15 kg during your pregnancy. Consult with your doctor on weight changes and nutritional aspects to monitor weight throughout pregnancy. This could change based on if it is twins, your weight before pregnancy, and body type.
- Exercise: There are specific exercises designed to benefit the pregnant women. Whether it is walking or swimming aimed at improving overall health or Kegel exercises aimed at improving vaginal and perineal muscles, your doctor should be able to draw up a routine. Exercising while pregnancy is being increasingly encouraged for the following reasons:
- Improved energy levels
- Controls back pain
- Improved sleep pattern
- Improves constipation
- Improves muscles strength and endurance
- Lifestyle changes: With pregnancy setting in, it is time to bid goodbye to smoking and drinking alcohol. Continued smoking after onset of pregnancy has many serious complications, including growth retardation, low birth weight. Alcohol can lead to miscarriage, stillbirth, and premature delivery.
These are simple ways to monitor and care for your and of course, the baby’s health throughout pregnancy.