Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shashikala RajendranYour feedback matters!
Pregnancy and childbirth is one of the most important time in the life of a woman. It is a time to celebrate and yet be cautious as well, so that all goes well and the end of the pregnancy is a beginning of life for a baby. There are numerous ways of monitoring the health of the foetus during pregnancy. The non-stress test is one of the ways. Let us find out more about this:
Heart rate monitoring: The non-stress test is basically concerned with the monitoring of the heart rate of the foetus. This is a prenatal test that is very commonly used in order to check the overall health and vitals of the baby while it is still in the womb. The test is essentially carried out to check how well the heart rate responds to the other movements carried out by the baby inside the womb. It is called a non-stress test because there is no external stimulation that may put pressure on either the heart rate or the movements of the baby.
Why: This test is usually recommended by the doctor when there is an increased risk of losing the foetus due to complications. This test is usually carried out when the pregnancy is in 26th to 28th week. This test will usually show whether or not the baby needs extra test, monitoring or care. This test is essentially conducted to check the oxygen supply and is a non-invasive procedure that does not pose any serious physical risks or harm.
Fetal Hypoxia: This test will also show whether or not the baby is suffering from fetal hypoxia, which is a condition where the heart beat is disrupted, if the passage of oxygen is blocked due to some reason.
Conditions for non-stress test: The non-stress test may be conducted if the lady in question has lost or had complication in previous pregnancy. Also, if the mother has any other medical condition like diabetes or cardiovascular conditions, then this test is imperative. Decreased movement of the foetus may also prompt the doctors to take action and conduct this test as a cautionary measure.
Procedure: During the procedure, you will be asked to lie down on a reclining chair and two belts with monitors will be attached to your abdomen. The heart rate of the baby, as well as the movements, will then be studied once the monitors are switched on. These monitors are in turn attached to a screen, in order to take the reading. This test will take no more than twenty minutes. However, if there is no movement in the baby, then the test may continue for a little longer until the baby becomes more active.
What if I take so much pain killers for period cramps? For eg I take 5 tablets during 1 cycle so is it harmful?
I was cuddling with my gf on 21 may. Later on at same time I inserted my penis in her vagina without protection 3_4 times but didn't ejaculate. What are the chances of pregnancy. Her last period starting date was 1 may.
Mera ovalution 18 Oct ko tha hmne 13,14,15 ko sex kiya uske baad nhi .to kya main pregnant ho skt hun.
Surrogacy is the method that is used for reproduction in which a woman other than the woman, who wants to have the baby, agrees to undertake pregnancy and give birth to a child for the couple that appoints her. A couple can opt for surrogacy in the following conditions.
In the case of females who cannot reproduce due to infertility or some other medical conditions that make the process risky for both the mother and the childlike heart diseases, liver infirmities and high blood pressure, surrogacy can opt for so that the couple can experience the bliss of becoming parents.
- If you are a single parent
A single parent can opt for surrogacy in order to fulfil his/her dream of having a child to live for.
- Other factors
There are several other factors when a couple might want to opt for surrogacy. For instance, in couples, where the female is too busy building a stable career for herself and she cannot take the risk of opting for pregnancy, surrogacy can come to their rescue. Also, repeated miscarriages, pelvic disorder, hysterectomy, an impaired uterus or the absence of uterus can act as reasons to opt for surrogacy.
There are a few factors that need to be considered before opting for surrogacy. They are listed below.
Type of surrogacy
Traditional surrogacy and gestational surrogacy are the two options available. In traditional surrogacy, the surrogate mother not only carries the embryo in her womb until childbirth but also donates the egg. However in gestational surrogacy, the egg is taken from the biological mother and impregnated in the womb of the surrogate mother through in vitro fertilization techniques. The intended parents need to take a decision regarding the type of surrogacy that they wish to opt for.
The intended parents must be aware of the surrogacy laws prevalent in their country so as to make sure that they can go through the entire process smoothly. For instance, in India, it is mandatory that the surrogate child should be biologically related to one of the two parents.
Cost of surrogacy
Another important factor that needs to be considered while opting for surrogacy is the cost of the undertaking. It can involve high costs due to the unpredictability of the situations surrounding the process, so the financial stability of the intended parents should be kept in mind. Also, choose the right agency or even if you choose an independent candidate to become the surrogate mother for your child, make a wise choice. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
When is the right time to have sex we are newly married couple and we don't want baby this soon so when is the right time my wife's last period date was 13 of march till 18 of march. Her cycle is of 28 days so kindly tell me when is the right time to have sex so we don't have baby!
Hi, Mera period date 19oct ko tha lkin avi tk nhi aaya mai protection ke sth sex ki thi fir v darr tha isliye pregancy test ki wo v negative aaya. Kl se mai do tym regestrone tablet le rhi hu. Plizz muje guide kare ki ye thik h ya nhi. Aur muje jldi se period lana h emergency h plzz koi medicine btaye jisse ek do din m aa jaye period.
I had periods on April 15. Usually I have 32 days cycle while on progesterone (till Feb of this yr). Later on March had my periods as usually at 32rd day of cycle. After coming off from progesterone I got my periods on 28th day that is on April 15. Now I'm confused with my cycle days. If it is 28 day cycle I supposed to have my periods on May 12. If it is 32 day cycle I supposed to have my periods on today. But no periods till now. It's too early to test for positive pregnancy test. Just by today afternoon I had some pre menstrual symptoms (PMS). I came to know that PMS symptoms occur even if we're pregnant. I'm confused and tensed. Anyone. Pls comfort me with your replies.
गर्भावस्था के दौरान एक स्वस्थ आहार बनाए रखना बहुत आवश्यक है। यह सुनिश्चित करना महत्वपूर्ण है कि आप को और आपके बढ़ते बच्चे को वे पोषक तत्व मिल रहे हैं, जिनकी आप दोनों को जरूरत है। इसके अतिरिक्त, क्या आप जानते हैं कि आपके बच्चे के स्वाद की कलियां सिर्फ 9 सप्ताह में गर्भाशय में विकसित होना शुरू हो जाती हैं? इसका मतलब है कि जो भी आप खाते हैं, आपका बच्चा भी चखने वाला है।
हालांकि, आप खाने के लिए क्या खा सकते हैं, जब आप दोनों के लिए खा रहे हैं, यह जानना बहुत तनावपूर्ण हो सकता है। स्वस्थ, पौष्टिक भोजन चुनने से आपके और आपके बच्चे के स्वास्थ्य को सुनिश्चित करने में मदद मिलेगी। गर्भावस्था के दौरान खाने के लिए, निम्नलिखित कुछ अति पौष्टिक खाद्य पदार्थ हैं:
1. शकरकंद: मीठे आलू बीटा-कैरोटीन में बहुत समृद्ध हैं, एक पौधा परिसर जो शरीर में विटामिन-ए में परिवर्तित होता है। विटामिन-ए विकास के लिए, साथ ही अधिकांश कोशिकाओं और ऊतकों के भेदभाव के लिए आवश्यक है। स्वस्थ भ्रूण विकास के लिए यह बहुत महत्वपूर्ण है। मीठे आलू विटामिन ए के पशु आधारित स्रोतों के लिए एक उत्कृष्ट विकल्प प्रदान करते हैं।
इसके अलावा, मीठे आलू में फाइबर होते हैं, जो पूर्णता में वृद्धि कर सकते हैं, रक्त शर्करा के स्तर को कम कर सकते हैं और पाचन स्वास्थ्य और गतिशीलता में सुधार कर सकते हैं।
2. अंडे: अंडे सर्वोच्च स्वास्थ्य भोजन हैं, क्योंकि इसमें लगभग वे हर पोषक तत्व थोड़ा सा शामिल है, आप को जिसेकी ज़रूरत है। 10 से अधिक विटामिन और खनिजों के अलावा, अंडे में अच्छी गुणवत्ता वाले प्रोटीन होते हैं। अंडा कोलीन में भी समृद्ध है, जो आपके बच्चे के समग्र विकास और मस्तिष्क स्वास्थ्य को बढ़ावा देता है, जबकि न्यूरल ट्यूब दोषों को रोकने में मदद करते हैं। सामान्य रक्त कोलेस्ट्रॉल वाली स्वस्थ महिलाएं प्रति दिन एक से दो अंडे का उपभोग कर सकती हैं।
3. फलियां: भोजन के इस समूह में दाल, मटर, बीन्स, चना, सोयाबीन और मूंगफली शामिल हैं। फलियां फाइबर, प्रोटीन, लोहा, फोलेट (बी 9) और कैल्शियम के उत्कृष्ट पौधे-आधारित स्रोत हैं। बीन्स लोहा, कैल्शियम, और जस्ता का भी अच्छे स्रोत हैं। यह न्यूरल ट्यूब दोष और कम वजन के जन्म जैसी बीमारियों के जोखिम को कम कर सकता है।
4. सैल्मन मछली: सैल्मन आवश्यक ओमेगा -3 फैटी एसिड में बहुत समृद्ध है। गर्भवती महिलाओं सहित अधिकांश लोग अपने आहार से लगभग पर्याप्त ओमेगा -3 प्राप्त नहीं कर पाते। यह समुद्री खाद्य में उच्च मात्रा में पाए जाते हैं, और भ्रूण के मस्तिष्क और आंखों को बनाने में मदद करते हैं। अध्ययनों से पता चला है कि गर्भवती महिलाएं, जो प्रति सप्ताह मछली के 2-3 भोजन खाती हैं, ओमेगा -3 की सिफारिश की मात्रा प्राप्त कर पाती हैं।
5. गहरी हरी, पत्तेदार सब्जियां: ब्रोकोली और गहरी, हरी सब्जियां, जैसे कि गोभी और पालक, में कई पोषक तत्व होते हैं जो गर्भवती महिलाओं के लिए आवश्यक हैं। इनमें फाइबर, विटामिन सी, विटामिन के, विटामिन ए, कैल्शियम, लोहा, फोलेट और पोटेशियम शामिल हैं।
6. बिना चर्बी वाला मांस: बीफ़, सूअर का मांस और चिकन उच्च गुणवत्ता वाली प्रोटीन का उत्कृष्ट स्रोत हैं। इसके अलावा, बीफ़ और पोर्क लौह, कोलिन और अन्य बी-विटामिन में समृद्ध हैं। लोहे एक आवश्यक खनिज है जिसका उपयोग हीमोग्लोबिन के एक भाग के रूप में लाल रक्त कोशिकाओं द्वारा किया जाता है। शरीर में सभी कोशिकाओं को ऑक्सीजन देने के लिए यह महत्वपूर्ण है। नियमित रूप से लाल मांस खाने से आहार से प्राप्त लोहे की मात्रा में वृद्धि करने में मदद मिल सकती है। इसके अलावा, खाद्य पदार्थ जो विटामिन सी में समृद्ध हैं, जैसे संतरे या शिमला मिर्च, भोजन से लोहे के अवशोषण को बढ़ाने में मदद कर सकते हैं।
7. दुग्ध उत्पाद: डेयरी उत्पादों में दो प्रकार की उच्च गुणवत्ता वाले प्रोटीन होते हैं: कैसिइन और मट्ठा। डेयरी उत्पाद कैल्शियम का सबसे अच्छा आहार स्रोत हैं, और उच्च मात्रा में फास्फोरस, विभिन्न बी-विटामिन, मैग्नीशियम और जस्ता प्रदान करते है।
ग्रीक दही, विशेष रूप से गर्भवती महिलाओं के लिए फायदेमंद है। इसमें किसी अन्य डेयरी उत्पाद की तुलना में अधिक कैल्शियम होता है। कुछ किस्मों में प्रोबायोटिक बैक्टीरिया भी होते हैं, जो पाचन स्वास्थ्य का समर्थन करते हैं।
8. साबुत अनाज: साबुत अनाज गर्भावस्था में महत्वपूर्ण हैं क्योंकि वे फाइबर और पोषक तत्वों में अधिक हैं, जिनमें विटामिन ई, सेलेनियम, और फाइटोन्यूट्रियेंट्स शामिल हैं।
Many women have mood swings right after childbirth. They can be happy one minute and sad the next. Even when their baby is asleep, they may have difficulty sleeping, eating and feel a little depressed. If these symptoms begin a few days after delivery and go away after 7-10 days without treatment, they are in all likelihood the 'baby blues,' a short-lasting condition that 50-80% of women feel and that usually doesn’t require medical intervention. Clinically diagnosed postpartum depression, however, is another story.
Postpartum depression affects 10-15% of women anytime from a month to a year after childbirth. Women with postpartum depression may feel restless, anxious, sad or depressed. They may have feelings of guilt, decreased energy and motivation, and a sense of worthlessness. They may also have sleep difficulties and undergo unexplained weight loss or gain. Some mothers may worry about hurting themselves or their baby. In extremely rare cases less than 1% of new mothers-women may develop something called postpartum psychosis. It usually occurs within the first few weeks after delivery. Symptoms may include refusing to eat, frantic energy, sleep disturbance, paranoia and irrational thoughts. Women with postpartum psychosis usually need to be hospitalized.
Researchers aren't sure what causes postpartum depression but think that the dramatic shifts in hormone levels during pregnancy and immediately afterward may result in chemical changes in the brain leading to the condition. Childbirth is also a major life change that can create ongoing stress and contribute to depression. The new mom's responsibility for the baby, the household and her work duties upon returning after maternity leave may affect her risk of getting postpartum depression.
The good news is that, like diabetes or heart disease, postpartum depression is an illness that can be successfully treated with medicine and therapy. Women treated with antidepressant medicines and talk therapy usually show marked improvement. Depending on the type of medication they're using, they may be able to continue breastfeeding.
Researchers are making progress in understanding how changing hormone levels and other factors affect the brain after childbirth. They hope to develop better medications for treating postpartum depression by targeting the chemical pathways they're uncovering.
If you suspect that someone you know is suffering from postpartum depression, it's important to show understanding and support during this stressful time to help the new mom avoid the stigma, shame and isolation often associated with postpartum depression.
She had physical relation on 3rd day after her periods over and on monthly cycle it's 8 th day. Is there any chance of getting pregnant. What are the symptoms of pregnancy?
She is 35 years old n a mother of two and completed 10 years of marriage. But from many years she wanted to tighten her Vagina as it was earlier. But don't want to get operated for that so please help in this matter.
My girlfriend is virgin when I was doing oral sex with her and fingering her vagina mainly fingering around her clit little rough after its over I observed a sticky mucus like blood in my finger What does it mean? Did I break her seal or virginity?
1 month pahele uska phelibion tube or ovary ka operation karke nikal diya lekin one side ovary pura thik he. Kya vo pregnant ho payegi aur bacha de payegi? Avi unmarried he vo to kab tak uske pass time he? Kitna percent chance he baccha dene ka?
My periods date is 9 July and I have sex with out condom, so can I be pregnant or not And what is the time for pregnant?
The Pap Smear Test or the Pap Test is a screening test for cervical cancer. This test helps in detecting the possible growth and presence of precancerous as well as cancerous cells within the cervix - the opening of the uterus. This test was named after the doctor who discovered its use when it comes to detecting the signs of the early onset of this kind of cancer.
Let us find out more about the Pap Smear Test:
- Reasons: The main reason behind getting a Pap Smear Test done on a regular basis is to rule out any risk or sign of cervical cancer. Also, it can help in detecting the 40 sexually transmitted viruses that may be lurking around in your system. It is a fact that genital warts are born from the presence of the Human Papillomavirus or HPV which can be of 100 different types - out of which 40 lead to STDs. These STDs can be the start point of cervical cancer.
- HPV and the Pap Smear test: The Pap Smear Test may not be able to detect the exact kind of virus, but it can easily detect any cellular growth and changes that may be caused due to the virus. This helps in homing on to the risk or the beginning of cancer. In case this is detected, then the treatment can start before the problem becomes too difficult to manage.
- Candidates: The perfect candidates for the Pap Smear Test include women who have crossed the age of 21 years or above. Also, women who have a weak immune system due to the presence of the HIV virus also need to get this test done regularly as they are prone to risk of contracting cancer and infections, more than others. Once a woman over 30 years of age has had three normal Pap Smear readings in a row, she can ask her doctor to schedule her for a Pap Smear Test once in five years.
- Preparation: To begin with, you must ensure that you are not menstruating on the day of the test, in which case it will have to be rescheduled. Avoid having sex at least a few nights before the test as well.
- Procedure: The procedure for the test is pretty quick, but a little uncomfortable. The doctor will ask you to lie down before putting your legs up in stirrups and then insert a speculum into the vagina so as to extract sample cells for testing. The scraping action may cause mild pain later.
Get in touch with your doctor about getting regular Pap Smears to rule out the possibility of cervical cancer.
Special nutritional needs are often required in special circumstances. Unlike adults from 20 to 60, children and elderly people have specific needs as their physical requirements are different. Just like pregnant women need tailor-made diets for their specific needs, children and elderly people also require appropriate diets without too much variation.
The requirement for geriatric or elderly nutrition:
As the body ages, certain functions within are slowed down and thus, the processes are not able to completely recuperate and replenish what was lost. Certain functions are affected more than others and hence, need specific nutrients to regenerate.
Tips for Geriatric Nutrition:
Let's take a look at some of the specific diet requirements as well as certain items, which should be avoided.
- Consumption of calcium rich foods - Bones are a part of the human body that tend to suffer a lot of wear and tear and they start showing signs of weakening after 60. It is thus, important to replenish calcium in the body to help the bones get their building blocks. Some examples of calcium-rich foods are almonds and green leafy vegetables like kale. Dairy products are also good as long as the fat content within them is low.
- Keeping the body hydrated - Although physical activity reduces with age, dehydration can still occur within senior people and thus, it is important that they remain hydrated. Simply drinking water may not be enough and juices or other water-rich foods such as watermelons should be used to supplement for hydration.
- Lessening sodium within the body - The presence of excess sodium in the body can cause blood pressure to shoot up and result in high blood pressure, which may then further result in more ailments like strokes. It is pertinent that foods rich in sodium such a red meats be lessened or cut out of the diet altogether.
- Lessening sugar consumption or any other foods that may exacerbate diabetes - Another factor to consider is the consumption of sugar and sugar-filled products. Not just for diabetics, but elderly people have a tendency to develop high blood sugar and hence, it is prudent to reduce sugar intake. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.