Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shankar Lingaiah ScYour feedback matters!
Plz let me know .How can I increase my wife sex power. And thinking. please suggest to me .Any medicine or else.
I play football and my feet stink when I come home is it because of my shoes or is it any kind is serious allergy.
I am 34 years old, married , 2 kinds and having good body. But I am feeling sexual disorder in these days in my hardness, libido, and mostly in size which is being smaller day by day. Otherwise it was bigger.
I am 23 years old, 4 years back I got married but still pregnancy not yet come. 2 times PCOD and 1 time UTI was came. I consult gynaecologist, they suggest Tab. Ovabless for PCOD and Nerri Syp for UTI, now taking. They advised tablets for taking 3 months. I want to get pregnancy, what can I do please tell me.
Iron is an essential nutrient and mineral that is required by adults and children alike. Iron helps move oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body and helps muscles store and use oxygen. It is especially important for children because it aids development and prevents anaemia. Untreated iron deficiency in children can cause physical and mental delays. It can lead to less healthy red blood cells in the child's blood stream which will cause a delay in the growth of physical and mental faculties.
Risk factors for iron deficiency in children
Infants and children at highest risk of iron deficiency include:
- Babies who are born prematurely or have a low birth weight
- Babies who drink cow's milk before age 1
- Breast-fed babies who aren't given complementary foods containing iron after age 6 months
- Babies who drink formula that isn't fortified with iron
- Children ages 1 to 5 who drink more than 24 ounces (710 milliliters) of cow's milk, goat's milk or soy milk a day
- Children who have certain health conditions, such as chronic infections or restricted diets
- Children ages 1 to 5 who have been exposed to lead
- Adolescent girls also are at higher risk of iron deficiency because their bodies lose iron during menstruation.
Symptoms of iron deficiency anaemia
The signs and symptoms of iron deficiency anaemia in children may include:
- Pale skin
- Fatigue or weakness
- Slow cognitive and social development
- Inflammation of the tongue
- Difficulty maintaining body temperature
- Increased likelihood of infections
- Unusual cravings for non-nutritive substances, such as ice, dirt or pure starch
Prevent iron deficiency in children
Take steps to prevent iron deficiency in your child by paying attention to his or her diet. For example:
- Breast-feed or use iron-fortified formula. Breast-feeding until your child is age 1 is recommended. If you don't breast-feed, use iron-fortified infant formula.
- Encourage a balanced diet. When you begin serving your baby solids, typically between ages 4 months and 6 months, feed him or her foods with added iron, such as iron-fortified baby cereal. For older children, good sources of iron include red meat, chicken, fish, beans and dark green leafy vegetables. Between ages 1 and 5, don't allow your child to drink more than 24 ounces (710 milliliters) of milk a day.
- Enhance absorption. Vitamin C helps promote the absorption of dietary iron. You can help your child absorb iron by offering foods rich in vitamin C, such as melon, strawberries, kiwi, broccoli, tomatoes and potatoes.
- Consider iron supplements. If your baby was born prematurely or with a low birth weight or you're breast-feeding a baby older than 4 months and he or she isn't eating two or more servings a day of iron-rich foods, talk to a child's doctor about oral iron supplements.
Make sure that you watch out for the tell tale signs of iron deficiency and take the necessary precautions to avoid the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific child related problem, you can consult a specilized pediatrician and ask a free question.
I Have some serious issue with my stomach. Diarrhea and pain is there. I didn't have any food from outside. What should I do?
I am having severe headache since 2-3 days and is been increasing day by day besides I use to sleep more now a days what should I do?
I'm spits Early morning small amount of blood out with kapha (white color) or normal splits monthly two time or 10 days (1 time) This problems is one year two months But my reports are normal X-ray normal, CECT scan normal, bronchoscopy normal, blood report normal, ecg normal.
Hi I have sleep problem I can not fall into deep sleep I don't know why it happen some time it happens for a week continues even I sleep daily at 11 pm. It takes 1 or 2 hrs for sleep. It affects to my office work. Please suggest me what to do?
I am having a low sperm count and I want to increase my sperm count so pls suggest me some medicine or any treatment?
My colleague is 35 years old and currently he is having anxiety issues. He gets irritated easily and also looks sad and down a lot. He doesn't seem to enjoy activities he liked earlier. He also complains of regular headaches now. I think he has some financial issues. What should be done?
Hi I just married 1 week before but the main thing is when we start sex she start screaming and she feel burning inside her part in strong. Kindly suggest me what should I do or her needs to do to take precaution or medicine.
My brother want to reduce weight He is having Bp 100, 150 And no other medical problem only uric acid is 6.11 My question is can he follow a normal diet plan? Will it have adverse effect on his body He is planning to follow GM 7 day plan in which he will start with fruits, vegetable etc.
On 3rd of July we had sex, within 5 hours of sex my girlfriend took i-pill, then on 9th of July she got her withdrawal bleeding, it was very slight continued for 1 and half days, after that on 6th of August she got her periods which continued for 3-4 days, and then on 26th August we make out via oral sex and fingering, but sexual intercourse has not occurred, in no way the penis was inserted into the vagina, and whenever the sperm has been discharged by normal masturbating, each time it was being washed with water. Not only the penny even the fingers also. But after that fingering is done as well as oral sex but every time when sperm is discharged via masturbation it was washed by water. The next period date was on 3rd of September, as she had generally a cycle of 28 days. But today is 4th of September and still she has not got her periods. Is there any chance of getting pregnant?
In moderen lifestyle hemorrhids are very common ,
To prevent this , Avoid rubbing the anal area. You can rinse off in the shower or on a bidet instead of wiping yourself with toilet paper. After cleansing, gently pat the anal area dry with a soft, absorbent towel or cloth.
Take nonprescription pain relievers. Acetaminophen (Tylenol) can help with pain. Aspirin and other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen (Motrin) and naproxen (Aleve) can help with pain and swelling. Be safe with medicines. Read and follow all instructions on the label.
Take a sitz bath. Fill your bathtub with just enough warm water to cover the anal area. Do this several times a day, especially after you have had a bowel movement. Soak for about 15 minutes at a time. Be careful! If the water is too warm, it can burn you.
Use nonprescription medicines as recommended by your doctor or pharmacist. See Medications for information on nonprescription ointments, creams, and suppositories.
Other comfort measures
You may need a day or more of bed rest to take pressure off inflamed, irritated veins. If you are pregnant, you may find it helpful to lie on your side. If you are not pregnant, sleeping on your stomach with a pillow under your hips will help reduce swelling of hemorrhoids.
Try not to sit or stand for a long time when hemorrhoids are irritated. If you must sit for a long time, sit on a pillow. Avoid lifting heavy objects.
Wear cotton underwear to prevent moisture buildup, which can irritate hemorrhoids. Wear loose clothing to allow freedom of movement and to reduce pressure on the anal area.