Find numerous Nephrologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Nephrologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ravishankar. BYour feedback matters!
If you notice blood while urinating, you must consult a urologist to get a clear picture of the health issue. Blood in urine is known as hematuria in medical terms. Such a condition can occur in both men and women. It is a common condition and does not require the patient to panic. Rather immediate tests should be conducted to find out the cause of the blood and treated accordingly. Such conditions are very much treatable with a little care and vigilance following of the doctor’s advice. Here are some of the common causes of hematuria in individuals:
- Urine Infections: Urine infections are the common cause of blood in your urine. Most commonly these affect urinary bladder and rarely kidneys also. Prompt identification and treatment can easily revert this problem.
- Urinary Stones: Another major cause of hematuria, usually accompanied by pain in the abdomen.
- Enlarged Prostate: With an enlarged prostate, there can be blood flow with the urine. Rarely this may be a sign of cancer in the prostate.
- Exercise: This might come as a surprise for many of the fitness freaks. While exercises are needed for the body and rightly so; but exercises should be done in a certain limit. Heavy exercises, limitless and vigorous exercises can sometimes cause other health problems in the body. One such problem is the passing of blood in the urine.
- Medications: Quite interesting is the fact that long-term consumption of certain medicines might cause hematuria in individuals. Certain medicines like penicillin and aspirin are absorbed by the body to a certain extent. But overdose or the regular dosage might lead to further problems in the human body.
- Kidney Injury: A kidney injury is a form of internal injury which can be felt and manifested through signs and symptoms. Such injuries occur mostly to those who are in the field of sports. At times, a heavy punch, a hard training session, or an exhaustive fall might lead to kidney injuries. This, in turn, would cause hematuria.
- Tumors of Urinary Tract: Bleeding can occur from tumors arising from kidney, ureter, urinary bladder as well as urethra. These require timely detection and management. Early treatment leads to an excellent long-term outcome.
Thus, these are some of the common reasons for the development of blood in urine. However, it is a condition which can be best analyzed by the medical practitioner. Therefore, on the occasion of blood, you must get it tested and treated immediately.
I have heat problem in body. Urine coming yellow. Sapota and papaya also heat foods ah. Tell me what is heat food and drinks and fruits. This foods eating after periods comes early. Please give me suggestions.
My father is a patient of CKD 5. Currently he is taking dialysis thrice in a week. Is taking dialysis thrice in a week compulsory. His current creatinine level is 6.7 and urea is 101. Pls advice.
Hello I am suffering from kidney stone from past 3 months. I was also operated one for same. For some reason stone is getting formed in my body within a very sort span of time, after I started with medication. So 1st new stone was formed after 10 days of surgery 2nd new stone was formed after 25 to 30 days of surgery and now the latest new stone is formed after 2 months. I currently have 5 stones in my body and 3 stones are already removed. Quick formation of stone is normal? I am really worried Is there bay remedy to this I am already on vaccination.
Can kidney stone of size 14 mm and 11 mm be removed no surgically by ayurvedic treatment. These are in ureter and lower pole calyx respectively. Also does kidney stone reoccur and how frequently.
Aged 25 male I have a problem of frequently urine problem and I am doing exercise regularly for 90 minutes in gym my blood sugar level is fast 63 and after meal 82 is this normal or not?
I am 29 years old male and have urine infection for last 2 years, and some problem to start urine wash. And not finish properly. Please advise.
My mother is a kidney patient. She is 54 year old. Her creatinine and Urea level is much higher then the normal. I want a food chart for her.
I am facing dead pain and burning while urine an sometimes blood, cloudy flows from my penis. Please. Suggest me a good medicine for my problem.
I have delay in urinating. I feel the urge but urine will not start. It becomes painful as I feel my bladder is full but it won't start.
Hi, I am 29 year old having spina bifida. I had kidney stones. I have terrible monthly cycles, Bilateral Hydronephrosis grade 1, urine is obstructed during 3rd day of cycle. Terrible pain under left side of ribs during 3rd day of cycle. What should I do. It gets better by having phosphorus (homeopathy remedy)
Nowadays I am easily getting urinal tract infections. It already happened to me three times. I have also done urine test. Why does it happen to me? Does sex can be cause of it as I am in a physical relationship or any other cause?
I have a 10 year old daughter. Her urine result alarmed me, her rbc is 5-7/hpf and her wbc is 1-2/hpf. Her pedia told me it is a possible indication of a menstrual flow. She is only 10. What are possible indicators of such result? Thanks!
I am suffering from severe UTI (Urinary Tract Infection) which has developed further into Orchitis. Can you guide me for the precaution measures so as it will not happen again?
Last month my father was detected with urine infection and after culture test Dr. started Colistin antibiotic treatment for 10 days after which he was discharged but after 2 days he was having fever and was again admitted to hospital and Dr. told us that the antibiotic treatment be given for 21 days after 21 days colistin antibiotic treatment my father is again having fever Why my father is getting recurrent infection What should we do further.
I'm 20 yrs old. I got UTI for first time in jan 2015 after that it has occurred 3 times again I have got it recently 15 days ago, and was on medications,(levoflox 500mg and zocef 500mg) and just finished my course of this medicine's yesterday. I wanted to know what precautions should I take, what should I do so that it doesn't occur again? And one thing my doctor advised already is drink lots of water as I drink very less water than normally we drink I am not that thirsty so don't drink much but as stated drinking more water as advised by my doctor I have frequent urination problem please suggest me what should I do for this?
"RIRS" is the latest method of kidney stone surgery for complete clearance of kidney and ureter stones