Find numerous Nephrologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Nephrologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ravishankar. BYour feedback matters!
I have kidney stones and what is the best exercise to do so that no need for operation? Please advise.
Sir I am a sugar patient yesterday I noticed a small blood clot comming out of my penis. Normally while passing urine there is a irritation as is there is a wound inside. Kindly suggest my sugar level is 230 after morning breakfast. Before it is 140 to 150.
I have kidneystones since 3 years and done laprascopic surgery last year. Now what precautions should I take now?
I am 31 year old married woman my problem is: at night I frequently (5-6 times) go for urinating. And since last one week facing headache also my hair is also falling a lot. Also feeling shortness of breathing. Please suggest is it symptoms of what and which specialist should I consult.
My daughter age is 5 yrs. She has a habit of doing toilet in nights daily. What to do now please advise me.
Meri mummy ko 10 mm ka stone hai galblader may or liver be thoda increase krr gye hai. To isleya leya. Kya krna sahi hai or beer peenay say kya sahi ho jaiga.
I am a female 68 years of age. I am having pus cells in my urine to the extent of 20-40. What should I do. Is it dangerous?
I have diabetes from past 18 years and also have kidney problem Now suffering from diabetic neuropathy leg selling is not getting reduce I consulted doctor and took medicine but its not getting reduce how can I get rid of it.
Even after I have completed urinate the urine fall drop by drop in few drop. Please suggest me adequate medicines/treatment way to recover from this ?
I have lot of cough formation & hoarseness & yellow & burning urination since 15 days what shall I do please prescribe me some medicine.
Dear sir/madam, I have a problem of frequently urine from long time, I am not diabetic patient, 2 months before I have tested urine and blood sugar report was normal. sugar level was 76 (empty stomach ). Now what to do?
Hello drs. Meri bhanji 5 years ki hai use urine infection hua hai Dr. Ki dawai dilayi hai use baar baar urine aa rha hai. Aur fevar tez aa rha hai please koi adviced dijiye.
I am having pain in my right side of kidney for 2-3 days. But it's not that much high a little bit only for sometime. Do I have got stone in my kidney?
Renal stone or kidney stone is the most common problem that is found in different people these days. It is mainly a hard mass that accumulates either in one or both the kidneys that can cause pain and another discomfort. Renal stones are classified into two types and these are:
- Calcium Stones and
- Uric Acid Stones.
Symptoms Of Renal Stone
Many times pain in the lower section of the stomach can be due to many reasons such as acidity, but long term pain can be considered as a symptom of renal stone. This happens when the stone moves from the kidney to the urinary tract or also when the stones grow. Some other symptoms apart from the pain are:
- The colour of the urine is turned into red or brown as it contains blood,
- The urge of urination increases,
- Nausea and Vomiting at times.
Causes Of Renal Stone
The medical term used for the renal stone is renal calculi or urolithiasis or nephrolithiasis. The problem can occur due to a number of reasons and a few among them are:
- Increased calcium amount in the body,
- Genetic factor,
- Disease or infection in the kidney or the urinary,
- Consumption of alcohol and also some oxalate food items,
- Diseases such as high blood pressure, hypercalciuria or gout,
- Inflammatory disease of intestine and stomach,
- Side effects of wrong medication.
Home Remedies By Ayurveda For Curing Renal Stone
There are some of the home remedies available that are suggested by the Ayurveda:
- Treating Renal Stone With Kidney Beans
- Add 4 litres of water to 60 grams of kidney beans.
- Now heat the mixture for about 4-5 hours.
- Now strain the mixture through a muslin cloth into a container.
- Keep the fluid aside to cool down.
- After the fluid cools down completely, start drinking one glass of the fluid every 2 hours.
- Make sure that the fluid should be consumed within 24 hours.
- Do this for a week time.
- Treating Renal Stone With Basil Leaves And Honey
- Crush about 10-15 basil leaves and make a paste of it.
- Take out the juice of about 1 tablespoon of the paste.
- Now add one teaspoon honey to the juice and mix them well.
- Consume this mixture every day once.
- Treating Renal Stone With Pomegranate Seeds And Horse Gram
- Add about half litre water to 1 cup horse gram.
- Now heat it till the water comes down to about 1/5th and then strain the liquid.
- Crush some pomegranate seeds and add about 2 tablespoons to the liquid.
- Drink this mixture daily.
- Apart from these remedies, drinking apple juice regularly and doing regular exercise also helps in getting rid of renal stone. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.