Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RajlakshmiYour feedback matters!
Sir I cannot talk with others due to bad breathe. I am facing this problem since my childhood. Took homeopathic medical treatment from the age of 27 & continued for 4 years. But it could not helpful to me. Before taking the above said treatment I consulted a lots of Dentists. They just give me some medicines and a mouthwash for one or two weeks. But those medicines are not useful. I brush my teeth twice a day. I cannot make relationships with anyone. So please give suggestions. .
I took gum surgery 3 years back, now gums will be swelling once in 20 days or 30 days, I want to know why these problems will be coming. Daily 2 times I am brushing my teeth. Earlier some time I am taking one antibiotic tablet due to that will be no problems, But I want to know root clause of the same.
I am smoking for the past 30 years. The saliva in the mouth is of bad smell and taste. occasional pain the gum. What to do?
I am 21 years old male. And having pain in TMJ region. The pain start in 2012 and the treatment also going on. My dentist start treatment with braces in my teeth and also gave a plate which I used to wear in mouth for at least 10 hours. But yet I do not hve relief from this pain. Due to tgis disorder I feel so much pain in ear especially at winters. please doctors give me best suggestion.
Bad breath, also known as halitosis, can occur due to a multitude of reasons and is quite disconcerting. Chewing gum, using breath mints and mouthwash are just temporary solutions as they do not address the problem. Read on more to find all about the different causes, symptoms of bad breath and also about their prevention.
- Food: If food particles, which are stuck in and around your teeth start decaying, they promote bacterial growth, which causes a foul odor in the mouth. Eating certain foods, such as spices, onion and garlic also cause foul odor.
- Tobacco products: Smoking and chewing tobacco not only causes gum disease, but also causes a foul odor to be present, thus causing bad breath.
- Poor dental hygiene: If you do not brush daily, food particles in your mouth get stuck in your mouth between the teeth in particular, which decay and cause bad breath. A form of bacteria known as plaque forms over the teeth, which over time decays teeth and also causes foul breath.
- Dry mouth: A medical condition known as dry mouth, also known as xerostomia can contribute to bad breath as in this condition; the amount saliva produced from the salivary glands is reduced. This results in the growth of bacteria, which causes bad breath.
- Medications: Some medications can cause foul breath in an indirect manner as they cause dry mouth as a side effect, which in turn causes bad breath. Other medications break down in your body and the chemicals, which the medicine contains can be carried on your breath.
Dentists would usually rate the odor from your mouth either by smelling or by using certain sophisticated odor detectors. The back of the tongue is often the source of smell and the dentist is also likely to scrape the region and rate its odor.
- Maintaining oral hygiene: If the bad breath is due to the formation of plaque, brushing and flossing on a regular basis will prevent its growth, thus reducing or eliminating bad breath. Using mouthwashes also kills bacteria, hence eliminating the bad breath causing bacteria from your mouth.
- Treatment of dental disease: Gum disease can also cause bad breath as in this disease, the gums pull away from the teeth, which gives scope for bacterial growth causing bad breath. Treating gum disease, thus would also eliminate the scope for bacterial growth and eliminate bad breath at the same time.