Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PallaviYour feedback matters!
Should women take bath, head bath during mensuration period according to ayurveda and why? If no, can it be applied in today's life context.
I have heard after excessive stimulation of clitoris and g-sopt, if exist, women ejaculate with a shower which comes from vagina. Is it true?
I am 7 month and 2 week pregnant. But I have still vomiting and nothing to eat as a pregnant woman. What will do?
I Have fibroadenoma in left breast in benign nature. Doctor advised surgery. No tuberculosis, no malignancy. Can you please suggest if only surgery is the option.
I am a 21 years old male I frequently have unprotected sex with my partner she sits in menses every month but this month she is not in periods we have done pregnancy test the I can kit showed the negative sign that means she is not pregnant her date is 9th or 10 but she is not in menses whats the reason?
In this scorching heat, it makes us feel so hot, tired and dehydrated.
Everyone suggests us to drink a lot of water but somehow we don't like plain water and we add artificial flavours to it to quench our thirst or we opt for soft drinks/sodas. But it doesn't help.
What we need in this summer is Coconut Water.
Coconut water is a very refreshing drink to beat tropical summer thirst. Its liquid is packed with simple sugars, electrolytes, and minerals to replenish dehydration conditions inside the human body.
Coconut water replaces the fluid loss from the gastrointestinal tract and to reduce the need for hospitalisation.
The osmolarity of tender coconut water is slightly greater than that of WHO recommended ORS (Oral Rehydration Therapy) solution.
The presence of other biological constituents like amino acids, enzymes, minerals, and fatty acids may account for this higher osmolarity. Nonetheless, unlike WHO-ORS, its water is very low in sodium and chlorides , but rich in sugars and amino acids. This well-balanced fluid composition, along with much-needed calories, would be an ideal drink instead of any other kind of soft drink beverages available in the markets to correct dehydration conditions.
I get my periods on 28 of every month. But this time due to consumption of emergency contraceptive pill in 12 September, my periods got preponed to 22nd September. I had to take another emergency contraceptive on 26th September due to unprotected sex. And again today I am bleeding a lot. I have no Pms or thyroid issues and my monthly date is 28 of every month without any changes.
• Eat a nutrient dense fertility diet
• Sleep tight and get plenty of rest
• Avoid alcohol, cigarettes, and other drugs
• reduce your exposure to dry cleaning fluids and petroleum products
While making love is much more than getting a climax, it is one of the most pleasurable moments a man or a woman can feel. However, for many women, climaxing or achieving orgasms isn’t as easy as for men. In fact a significant number of women haven’t been able to achieve orgasm even once due to a variety of factors. Even women who want to orgasm face difficulty in achieving orgasms on a regular basis.
Here are some tips to help if you are one of these women.
- Attentiveness towards one’s own body: Women are often raised to be very conscious about their bodies and sexuality in general. This affects their view of sexuality even when they are in a committed loving relationship. Hence, many women are unable to communicate with their partners openly about their needs. It is important that you indulge in masturbation or some forms of self pleasure to understand what your body responds to and then be able to communicate it to your partner.
- Foreplay is king: This is a major part often missed by the partners of women who are unable to orgasm. Foreplay helps the woman get aroused; longer the foreplay, longer the arousal. A longer arousal will help you in being lubricated better, which will decrease painful sensations and will help achieve orgasms. It is also important that you talk to your partner and ensure that you have enough foreplay.
- Stimulation of the clitoris: While there is debate within the medical circles about the efficacy of various types of orgasms such as vaginal or pelvic orgasms; most women do feel clitoral orgasms as it is one of the most easily stimulated areas with thousands of nerve endings. Thus, you should ask your partner to rub, touch, or lick your clitoral region as this is one area where achieving orgasms would be easier than other parts of the genitals as well as a whole body orgasm.
- Variety is the essence of love making: Women tend to be able to orgasm with a variety of activities rather than one type of sexual act. It is thus, important for you to tell your partner the various things that you may be interested in trying out. If you can try out multiple positions and techniques, it will increase your chances of being able to orgasm.
- Take the help of toys and lube: Lubrication in the form of commercially available lubes as well as sex toys can help you achieve orgasm much quicker and it would be a good idea to include them in while making love. You can also go solo with these sex toys to achieve orgasm during masturbation as this would help in achieving orgasms even during sex with a partner.
Hormones agonists (receptor activating chemicals) that release gonadotropin hormones produced by the pituitary gland (GnRH) act quickly to remove luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) from the pituitary gland. Lupron is a kind of GnRH agonist that is used to start the IVF cycle, especially if your ovaries need controlled stimulation.
Lupron is injected intramuscularly. Lupron injections are given to women who undergo the gonadotrophin therapy, which stimulates the ovaries. Lupron mimics the structure of the GnRH, so when it is injected, it triggers the production of LH and FSH. When the pituitary gland realises the difference between GnRH and Lupron, it dramatically reduces the biological production of both the follicle stimulating and luteinizing hormone. This condition is called the pituitary down regulation and this continues as long as the Lupron is being administered. Lupron slowly, but steadily, lowers the production of estrogen.
The reason for administering Lupron is to stop premature escalation of LH. Women who are older and resistant to ovarian stimulation or who have poor ovarian reserves (the capacity to produce eggs) are usually given the Lupron therapy. Too much of the luteinizing hormone can harm the follicular production, which in turn damages the quality of egg production and later, embryo development. Lupron is injected to stop the premature luteinisation of the follicles, and it is stopped before the egg retrieval procedure.
The Lupron IVF Calendar:
To help explain the treatment, a hypothetical menstrual cycle of 28 days is taken:
- Days 1-7: Your menstrual cycle begins and the Lupron treatment starts (you are usually given Lupron injections)
- Day 8: Your periods start and the Lupron treatment continues
- Day 9: FSH injections are started while you are still on the Lupron injection; a blood test and ultrasound is scheduled today as well
- Day 10-13: The FSH and Lupron are administered together for the next seven days
- Day 14-15: A blood test and ultrasound is scheduled again on the fourteenth day
- Day 16: This will be the last day of your FSH and Lupron treatment; another blood test and ultrasound will be scheduled and HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotrophin) injection will be administered which causes normal ovulation
- Day 18: On this day, the egg retrieval procedure is done