Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PallaviYour feedback matters!
Hi my wife loss two pregnancies at 7th month doctor's are told there is no big problem. What is the solution to this problem.
I had unprotected sex on 10th June and within the next hour I took unwanted 72. I experienced withdrawal bleeding from 21st to 23rd June. My last period was from 29th May to 1st June and as predicted by my period app, my scheduled period date was 30the June but I'm 8 days late. So I took a pregnancy test (I Can) which was negative. I still haven't gotten my period. Is pregnancy possible?
I am male 29 years old, married two and half years before and trying to conceive from last 8 months. Found I have low sperm count issue of 14 million per ml (Motility is 60% and progressive is 39%) hence need your advice and treatment. Later found few tiny calcifications in both the testes and Bilateral minimal hydrocele through USG Scrotum Scan and found Fatty liver from Abdomen scan. Current medications: Taking Ashwagandha capsule, Naikaruna Capsule for the sperm count issue. Tribuline Capsule for Calcification. Please suggest are these medicines enough to increase sperm count and solve the calcification issue. Is calcification in testes causing the issue for low sperm count?
With the growing market for organic products, there is a widespread confusion on which product to choose. The same dilemma holds good in selecting the type of bread. White bread or Brown Bread? People are not sure which one to eat to stay healthy. A few quick facts about the two types of bread and which one should be consumed to stay healthy, are given below
White bread is made out of refined wheat flour that has nothing to offer for the body. During the process of making white bread, the bran and wheat germ is removed from the wheat flour and Potassium Bromate, Benzoyl Peroxide or Chlorine Dioxide gas are used for bleaching to generate the whiteness. Potassium Bromate is highly dangerous if consumed in large doses. Chlorine dioxide is also used as a pesticide and is considered hazardous to the environment. When a large amount of white bread is consumed, the refined carbohydrates generate high levels of insulin thus, resulting in higher chances of weight gain. In spite of being globally popular, white bread is highly unhealthy for your body. It is completely devoid of nutrients and it is as harmful as table sugar for the digestive system.
The American Academy of Pediatrics has revealed that whole wheat brown bread is rich in nutrients compared to the white bread. One major factor contributing to the above-mentioned fact is the amount of fiber present in whole wheat brown bread. The increased fiber content slows down the digestion process and thereby, reduces the effect on blood sugar and production of insulin. Other nutrients that are present in brown bread include vitamin B6, E, Folic acid, Zing, Copper and Manganese. Brown bread has lesser amount of calcium as compared to white bread. Many manufacturers claim that they produce brown bread with the same amount of calcium as in white bread. Whole wheat bread contains Phytonutrient also called as plant lignans that have been observed to protect against heart diseases and breast cancer.
Things to consider while buying Brown Bread
The declining demand for white bread has forced a lot of manufacturers to use caramel as a coloring agent to darken white to brown bread. So buyers need to carefully look for the ingredients mentioned in the packing to ensure that they are buying the right product. It is important to check the first ingredient to see whether it is whole wheat or whole meal flour. If the word "enriched" is used, it means that the same flour used for white bread is used. Look for the bread with the minimum ingredients to ensure that you get maximum nutrients and very little additives. Also, make sure the amount of the following ingredients are as given below; sodium should be lesser than 401mg, saturated fat should be 1gm and fiber needs to be 4gm per 2 slices of serving.
To conclude, when it comes to organic and fitness oriented scenarios, brown is always better than white. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
I am 17dpo but no period. Had got some brown discharge on 15 dpo nd few drops of brown blood on 16 dpo but no period. Is this sign of pregnancy.
I am 30 years unmarried girl, PCOD sufferer kindly suggest me what should i do as i have gained 15 kg weight.
Hello doctors, My 30 year old wife had a c section delivery last July and from last 3 months she is suffering from repetitive severe vaginal bleeding occurring every 15 days for about 6-7 days. Her ultrasound report was normal done two months ago. She had recently completed a 25 day course of Duoluton N Ethinylestradiol and levonorgestrel prescribed by the GYN doctor. Prior to that she had taken progesterone BD for 25 days and now on no medicine. Please suggest what and where to seek advise or please advise accordingly. Many thanks in advance. Ashish.
I am 32 years old trying to conceive since last 3 years, also done 4 iui no luck yet. My left tube is fine, but right tube have some blockage. Doctor suggested for ivf, please suggest.
Technology affects every aspect of our lives including how we date. Today, the first interaction a couple has isn’t over a cup of coffee, but through the internet. While some people swear by online dating others are still vary of it. Like a coin, online dating has two sides; pros and cons. Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of online dating.
- Easier way of meeting people: If you’re new to the city, online dating can be a great way of introducing yourself to new people. Even if you don’t find a relationship, you might end up with a number of new friends. Online dating can help you meet new people even if you’ve lived in the same city all your life. It broadens your search and introduces you to people outside your friend circle. You might even meet someone who can help you network better professionally.
- Convenient: Careers can be very demanding and leave a person almost no time to socialise. Online dating helps people who have no time to socialise in person, meet people virtually. Today, most online dating websites and apps have filters through which you screen people. hence unlike when a friend sets you up on a blind date, you already know something about the other person and have something in common with them. Online dating also makes optimal use of time; taking a ten-minute break between work - you can easily scan through dating profiles and find someone you’d like to meet.
- Dishonest profiles: Unfortunately, the internet makes it easy to lie and pretend to be someone you are not. While small white lies like pretending to like outdoor activities when you don’t really care for them are okay, some people may put up profiles that are nothing like their actual personalities. This can make online dating slightly unsafe and hence whenever you meet someone from our online dating world, it is best to do so in a place where there will be other people as well.
- Different understanding of relationships: Not everyone who makes a dating profile is interested in a long term relationship. For some people, this may just be a way of meeting people to have a fling with or to simply make new friends. Online dating makes it difficult to understand a person’s true personality and hence you may not realise that you and the other person have a different opinion about relationships until quite late. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Taken I pill on 19/09/2016, today was the last day of my periods. Contracted UTI around 23-24/09/2016. Urine tests reported presence of bacteria with 6-8 pus cells and 28-30 epithelial cells. Is it safe to take antibiotics now? Will it react with the chemicals of pill present in the body? Which antibiotic and what dosage is preferred?
Health benefits of Coriander
The disinfectant, detoxifying, antiseptic, antifungal and antioxidant properties of coriander are ideal for clearing up skin disorders such as eczema, dryness and fungal infections.
Low cholesterol levels:
Some of the acids present in coriander, like linoleic acid, oleic acid, palmitic acid, stearic acid and ascorbic acid (vitamin c) are very effective in reducing the cholesterol levels in the blood. They also reduce the level of bad cholesterol (ldl) deposition along the inner walls of the arteries and veins, which can lead to serious cardiovascular issues like artherosclerosis, heart attacks, and strokes. More importantly, coriander helps to raise the levels of healthy cholesterol (hdl), which works as a preventative line of defense against a number of dangerous conditions.
Citronelol, a component of essential oils in coriander, is an excellent antiseptic. Additionally, other components have antimicrobial and healing effects which keep wounds and ulcers in the mouth from worsening. They help speed up the healing process of ulcers and also freshen breath. Although not in common use in mainstream products, coriander is often used as an antiseptic component of all-natural toothpastes. In fact, before the invention of toothpaste, people would chew on coriander seeds to reduce bad breath.
I and my girlfriend had unprotected sex last night but today she has started her period. But as we have unprotected sex she is asking for I-PILL. So pls suggest me it will be safe to take I-PILL while during periods?
On my second fertile day (19/11) around 4: 30 pm, I had unprotected intercourse and he used the intercourse method, so he was not sure if he ejaculated a little or not inside, so I took it The morning after pill, the other day around 9: 00 a.m. (20/11) I took the morning-after pill. I would ovulate on the day (11/23). On the 24th I again had relationships, again without protection, using only the method of intercourse interrupted. He ejaculated on top of me, and I fingered with cum in my vagina. Can I be pregnant? Or not, because the pill made me not ovulate?
Dates were first discovered in 6000 BC in Iraq. Later it travelled throughout the world. Today, dates are found in over 30 varieties in a dry, soft and semi-dry state. This is one of the sweetest fruits found across the globe. They were first known to have healing power.
Later scientists discovered an array of benefits associated with this fruit. Following are the reasons you must eat them:
1. Cholesterol: Dates are known to be a good agent for reducing cholesterol. They have the ability to absorb LDL and increase the level of HDL in the body. Owing to their low fat quantity, they can be consumed in higher quantities without the apprehension of putting on weight.
2. Nervous System: Owing to its high potassium and low sodium content, dates are considered as a wonderful agent for balancing the nervous system. Potassium keeps the risk of heart attack at bay and helps to maintain a smooth blood flow.
3. Digestion: Dates are suggested to be soaked in water and consumed every day for better digestion. People suffering from constipation can get huge relief by consuming 2 dates empty stomach on a regular basis.
4. Weight gain: Dates are extremely flexible in nature. They can help to gain weight owing to their vitamin, sugar and protein content. Dates when consumed with cucumber help to keep weight at the normal level.
5. Improve skin: Dates have multiple good effects on the skin. This, vitamin C and D rich fruit can increase the elasticity and add a glow to your skin. Dates are also an anti-aging agent and do not let melanin accumulate inside the upper layer of the skin. People with dry skin can get it resolved with daily consumption of dates.
6. Bone health: Dates contain essential ingredients such as magnesium, iron, selenium, potassium and manganese. These are all vital components of the bone and joint health. Consuming 3-4 dates per day can ensure a healthy bone. People suffering from arthritis are sure to benefit from this fruit.
7. Hangover fixation: Dates are known to curb inebriation and cure hangover. In order to best use its effect, few dates need to be soaked in water overnight and the outer skin of the dates has to be peeled before consumption.
8. A rich source of vitamin: Dates are a rich source of a number of vitamins that are essential for the body. Apart from B1, B2, B3 and B5, they contain vitamin C and A1. Consuming 3 to 5 dates on a regular basis can not only increase the energy level of a person, but also maintain the overall vitamin rate of the body at the accepted level. Dates are pretty filling in nature owing to their glucose and fructose content. As such they can be consumed as part of the evening snack.