Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ManjulaYour feedback matters!
7 dangerous things that smoking does to your skin
Most people think that having a smoking habit adversely affects only the lungs and the heart. But apart from known links to lung cancer and heart disorders, smoking also causes skin damage. The intensity of damage is directly proportional to the number of cigarettes one smokes in a day and the number of years one has been smoking for.
Here are 7 of the horrible things that smoking does to your skin
1. Premature ageing: the process of skin ageing is accelerated by a smoking habit. The chemicals that are ingested through the smoke cause your skin to age much faster, making it look loose, dull and coarse, with uneven colouring. Most smokers have a muted orange or grey tinge to their complexions.
2. Wrinkles and lines: the nicotine from smoke constricts blood vessels in the outer layers of the skin, thereby cutting off the supply of oxygen and nutrients. This causes the skin to develop visible fine lines and wrinkles at a faster rate.
3. Scarring and pigmentation: since blood is not flowing properly to the outer layers of the skin, it is more susceptible to broken capillaries and veins, which can cause dark scarring and pigmentation on the face and other areas.
4. Darkening of the lips: constant exposure to heat from smoking causes stark darkening and pigmentation in the lips, which also become dry and coarse.
5. Delayed wound healing: the presence of nicotine, tar and other chemicals in the blood causes cuts and wounds on the skin to heal at a much slower pace with an increased risk of infection, blood clot formation and death of skin tissue.
6. Increased risk of skin disease: smoking makes the skin prone to various diseases and conditions like psoriasis, which happen as nicotine adversely affects the body's immune system.
7. High chances of skin cancer: skin cancer and oral cancer are the two lesser known variants of the diseases that can be caused by smoking. Skin cancer is far more common among smokers than among non-smokers.
The harmful effects of smoking on the skin are not entirely discernible until after 10 years of prolonged smoking. Fortunately, your skin starts to heal itself when you kick the habit.
Related Tip: E-cigarettes : Good Or Bad?
Doctor can I take zincovit vitamin tablet. 1 tablet per day for long period I am doing right or wrong.
Hi I am a 25 year woman. Trying to conceive. This month my period date was on 10th. But I have missed it. Today morning I had tested by home pregnancy kit named prega news but the result comes negative. I haven't faced any implementation bleeding. Is there possibility to being pregnant? N. B I have thyroid. Having medicine Thyronorm 112.5. Last tested on December. Tsh & T3 was normal. T4 was little bit (. 5) more than normal.
My wife has an ovarian cyst in left about 3 cm in diameter. Can I have unprotected sex. kya pregnancy ho sakti hai. Pregnancy me koi dikkat to nahi hai. .plz help me. .
Mam, My wife is always drinking my sperm after our sex session is it harmful for her or is it hazardous for her to get pregnant..
Hii sir. I have pcod and I have missed my period. I didn't get my period since January. My date of period was 12 the Jan. But the period had not come yet. My last date was 12 the DEC. The prob is that I had an unprotected sex on 19 the Jan. Is it possible that I might be pregnant. Plzz answer as soon as possible.
She delivers a male child before a month by c section. She is feeding mother and to know how many days or month I should not make relation with my husband and by mistake it happen with in month after delivery, how can check that pregnant or not again. Heard by other, periods take time to continue after delivery, so pls advice my cousin. She is very tens. thanks.
Hi sir Please tell me in how many days I can check that I'm pregnant from the date of sex. Thank you.
Are you among those people who love chocolates but are overcome by guilt even after having a small bar? (Basically 99% of the human population over the age of 12!) Here's some SWEET news for you! Studies show that not only can you bite into a lusciously rich-brown bar guilt-free but also delight in the knowledge that this food fit for the gods is doing your body a world of good. Sounds unbelievable? Read on...
1. Chocolate Reduces risk of diabetes by 31%
A detailed analysis of 7 studies published in 2011 reveals that dark chocolate can lessen the threat of type 2 diabetes by as much as 31%! This is due to enhanced insulin sensitivity and improved regulation of glucose triggered by chocolate consumption.
2. Chocolate Decreases risk of strokes by 20%
These sweet delights contain flavonoids, which are antioxidants with lots of health benefits. Swedish research reveals that consumption of 45 grams of chocolate per week helps in decreasing stroke risk among women by as much as 20 %.
3. 40 cups of cocoa a week enhance your blood flow
A recent survey by Harvard Medical School among Panama’s Kuna people reveals that less than 10 percent of their population suffer from heart diseases, diabetes or cancer due to the inclusion of up to 40 cups of cocoa into their weekly diet. Fascinating isn’t it? Dr. Norman, the lead researcher opines that the nitric oxide present in cocoa dilates vessels and enhances flow of blood through your body. Could there be a better way to stay healthy?
4. Chocolate boosts your working memory speed by 30%
Recently, the University of Nottingham conducted a brain-imaging study on healthy women. This showed that flavanol-rich cocoa improved the flow of blood into the brain for 2 to 3 hours. What’s more, it’s beneficial for older people suffering from dementia and Alzheimer’s. Plus chocolate enhances your scores on a working memory speed test by 30%.
5. Chocolate lowers risk of calcified plaque in the arteries by 32%
A recent study proved that consumption of chocolates for 2 or more times per week lowers risk of calcified plaque in the arteries by 32%. So basically, chocolate loves your heart as much your heart loves chocolate.
6. About 45 grams of chocolates keep exhaustion at bay
According to research conducted on chronic fatigue syndrome patients, an eight-week long consumption of 1.6 ounces (45 gm) of chocolate each day helps in keeping you active. The fact behind this is that chocolates help in enhancing your neurotransmitters, which in turn help in controlling sleep and mood.
So, now you might want to pamper yourself with this sinful delight. But do remember to take the path of moderation. Excess of anything… you can finish this line yourself. But do so while indulging in some good ol' Cadbury.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I am 9 wk pregnant with lmp 3-1-2017 with history of previous missed abortion in 2015. I had hypothyroid till then with current tsh value 3.47. At my 7 wk scan, it found to be 6 wk 1 day pregnancy with crl 4.5 mm, so advised to repeat scan after 10 day. Then today again the result came i. E. 6 wk pregnancy but with crl 5 mm at this 9 wk time. I want to know the exact situation now .should we continue it?
Me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex. She used to get her periods on 7 but till yet she doesn't get. Should we wait or do any pregnancy test, she is 20 years old. And is there any pill to avoid pregnancy if she doesn't get periods. Worried help please!
Hi all, I am searching the best birth control pill online which prevent pregnancy without creating any side-effect. Share your suggestions here.
Sir problem is that he is enjoying foreplay & fully comfort with that. & even no need of lubricants. I try so many times even she tried so many times but at the time of inter course she got so tensed. We have completed 1 yr of our marriage but after every try we don't get any result & from all these she is mentally upset. Now I don't understand where is the problem & what should I do now to solve all these?
Menorrhagia is menstrual condition characterized by an abnormal loss of blood or heavy, prolonged bleeding. Although heavy bleeding is not uncommon in premenopausal women, menorrhagia is a severe condition which generally interferes with your daily activities. If your vagina bleeds irregularly or between periods, in addition to such heavy bleeding that at least one pad or tampon gets soaked every few hours, it is highly recommended that you seek medical attention.
Signs and symptoms of menorrhagia include:
- Soaking through more than one tampon or sanitary pad for every few hours
- The need to use double sanitary protection
- Heavy bleeding for weeks on end
- The need to wake up at night to change your sanitary protection
- Restriction of daily activities due to heavy menstrual flow
- Symptoms of fatigue, such as excessive tiredness as well as shortness of breath
Although the exact causes are unknown, here are a few causes that may be responsible:
- Hormonal imbalance is when there is an hormone imbalance, the endometrium develops in excess and sheds away with menstruation
- In Ovary dysfunction, if your ovaries do not ovulate, your body won't be able to produce the hormone progesterone resulting in a hormonal imbalance problem which may lead to menorrhagia
- Uterine fibroids are benign tumors which start appearing in your childbearing years
- Polyps are small benign growths found on the uterine lining
- Adenomyosis occurs when your glands from the endometrium becomes embedded in the uterine muscle
- By using Intrauterine device (IUD) menorrhagia may occur as a side-effect
- Pregnancy complications, for instance, an ectopic pregnancy can cause it
- Inherited bleeding disorders, such as von Willebrand disease
- Certain medications like anti-inflammatory drugs
- Other medical conditions, like pelvic inflammatory disease or endometriosis
Treatment for menorrhagia depends on a number of factors like the cause and severity of the condition, or your tolerance for specific therapies or medications.
Some drug therapies for menorrhagia include:
- Iron supplements
- Tranexamic acid
- Oral progesterone
- Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- Oral contraceptives
- Hormonal IUD
If drug therapy is ineffective, other treatment options may include:
- Dilation and curettage
- Focused ultrasound ablation
- Uterine artery embolization
- Endometrial ablation
- Endometrial resection
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.