Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. ManjulaYour feedback matters!
I am 28 years old. I got married 2 months before and planning to hav child in Oct. We want a boy baby first. So please giv us some suggestions.
I am 18 years. Old and my menses are not normal my menses are bleeding very low and my breast is not growing please suggest m please help mee not growing properly.
Hi I am 31 years old female i am suffering from thyroid & married but trying to conceive but couldn't please let me know what precaution should be taken to become pregnant.
I am 2 weeks pregnant and it is going good. But last two days started feeling acute acidity followed by contraction with pain. Kindly suggest.
I have this tingling feeling in my private part every time I pee. All through the day I feel like I need to pee but when I go its hardly anything. I am also on my menstrual cycle now and this feeling has increased. There are quite a few clots in the blood too.
Sir. I have a gf . I try to have sex with her. But I get depress because her boobs are small. Could you please tell me how to get that bigger.Please tell.
Hello Dr. my last period 17/2/17. Now my feel is during or after eating food vomiting tendency. And headache. When I took pregnancy test .22/3/17 took pregnancy test but the result is negative .the laboratory women talk after 10 day missed period then get result its cure. I am pregnant or not.
I am married my last period was on 18th of Feb. Next period was scheduled on 15th of March as per my previous period dates. Suggest me.
I am having irregular periods and have been detected BY PSO. I have been under homeopathic treatment for sometime. But once the medication is stopped I am again missing my periods. I am 20 years old. Could you suggest me some remedy?
My mensuration started late at the age of 18, with medications. As a child I was diagnosed with epilepsy and took medication for 7 years. I had a depressing childhood, with lots of pressures to cope up with. Everything was normal until at the age of 23 I stopped having my mensuration, after lots of test and medication for year and a half from best experience d doctors nothing changed I changed my gyno and had all the test dine, their is nothing wrong in the test, I do have small ovaries but nothing wrong as told by doctor. I even got my gluten checked but alas, it was also fine. The doctor has prescribed me femilon, and has told me to continue, hopping sometime I might get my periods again Kindly, let me know if their is I can do about this condition. I want to be normal again, medication is not my thing. I have gained weight around 3 kg. I also have vitamin D deficiency.
Is their any side effects to lick vagina while sex and how to make long drive during sex kindly suggest on it Looking forward to hearing from you as soon as possible..
Hello, am 25years old. AM planning fr a Boy. My doctor said my eggs are been ruptured and asked me to wait fr 15 days. But I started up with my periods. Please tell me when is the best time to have intercourse fr conceiving fast.
What is stress?
There are situations in life when a person is required to perform beyond his/her normal capacity, or situations when some expectations are not met. This creates anxiety, fear and anger. This is a situation where a person feels inadequate, under-confident and experiences loss of control. This affects a person's physical and mental wellbeing. This feeling of fear, anxiety, restlessness is commonly known as "tension or stress".
Symptoms of Stress :
- Anger and Aggression: While under stress a person starts doubting his/her own capacity and efficiency because he/she feels inadequate or incapable of performing certain tasks. This creates a lot of anger or frustration and sometime, may result into aggressive behaviour.
- Irritability: Under stress people get irritated for no reason. There is loss of patience, loss of sense of humour.
- Sleep Disorders: A person under stress may not be able to sleep at all or in some cases sleep excessively.
- Eating Disorders: A person under stress may lose appetite or in some cases, tend to overeat resulting in harmful effects on body.
- Anxiety: Stress may cause a lot of anxiety and restlessness. The person under stress may not to able to concentrate and unable to focus on any activity, making things more complicated.
- Depression: In a few cases a person under a lot of stress may go into depression.
- High BP: Body and mind are closely connected. Hence stress in mind creates stress in the body and under stress, blood pressure may rise.
- High Sugar Level: Stress may increase the blood sugar levels.
- Headache or Unexplained Body Pains: Stress may cause headache or body aches in different parts of the body, without any physical reason for it.
Sometimes, there may not be any symptoms for stress but the trauma manifests in the form to heart attack, Stroke etc.
What causes stress ?
- Relationship Issues - Conflicts in relationships is a major cause of stress.
- Life style - Working for long hours, sedentary life style, unhealthy food habits, along with insatiable urge for money causes a lot of stress.
- High expectations from oneself and from others - The peer pressure, the pressure of constant deadlines builds up a huge stress. When a person has very high expectations from himself/herself without corresponding efforts, there is a fear of failure which causes lot of tension. At the same time, having unrealistic expectations from others also is a definite reason for disappointments, resulting in stress.
- Physical and Emotional Abuse - When a person is physically or emotionally abused and unable to defend himself/herself for various reasons, it causes frustration. This results in anger and stress.
- Competition - Unhealthy competitions with others create a feeling of inadequency and result in lower self esteem and sadness, thereby causing stress.
- Health Issues - Chronic and serious health issues cause lot of tension.
- Suppressed Emotions - Lack of freedom to express own emotions and feelings, amounts to stress.
- Lack of Assertiveness - Inability to say "No", when wanting to say so, inability to fight for one's own rights, causes tension and anger.
- Boredom - Lack of creative/interesting occupation may cause stress especially in old people or people with physical disabilities.
- Low self esteem, feeling hopeless and helpless - If a person has low self esteem and does not value oneself, it causes lots of negativity and stress.
Why stress management is important?
Body and mind affect each other's functioning. When the mind is stressed out, it gets reflected in the body in the form of high blood pressure, high sugar levels, indigestion, acidity, heartburn, ulcers, skin rashes, headache, nausea, cancer, eating disorders, psychosomatic pains etc. It may trigger asthma, migraine etc.
Because of these harmful effects of stress, the body's capacity to function reduces. At times, it may cause serious threat to one's life. Hence, it is very important to learn to relieve and also to manage stress, in order to have a long and healthy life.
There are a number of ways to relieve stress:
- Sleep, take rest, relax.
- Take a break from daily routine, do something different, take a short vacation.
- Go for a walk/jog/run/cycling. Practice Yoga, meditation, deep muscle relaxation, etc.
- Spend time with friends and family.
- Play with children.
- Spend time with pets.
- Pursue a hobby like reading, gardening, painting, music, dance, singing, cooking, etc.
- Recreation - Watch a movie, play, picnic, go for a drive or shopping.
- Pamper yourself with beauty treatments, massage, or your favourite food/drinks.
How to manage Stress?
Stress is inevitable part of life now. Right from a kid going to Pre-Nursery school to senior citizens staying alone at homes and having severe health problems; all are under lot of stress. No one can avoid stress. But there are certain ways to manage your stress-
- Self-awareness. Learn more about your own self. Understand what induces stress in you, what tasks are difficult for you, what situations are difficult for you and then try to figure out the reasons why it is so. Try to resolve or modify your thoughts and attitude.
- Identify stressors and explore options. Once you identify what is causing your stress, try to find more options to resolve your issues.
- Reasonable Expectations and Feasible Goals. Have reasonable expectations from yourself and from others. Have goals which are possible for you to achieve.
- Learn assertive techniques. Learn to express your feelings, learn to fight for your own rights, understand and respect other's rights.
Try to minimise stress in life and lead a happy healthy life.