Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mahalakshmi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MahalakshmiYour feedback matters!
Hi doc, I need a quick answer please, I had protected sex with my girl friend before two months, and she not yet got her periods. We had taken 5 pregnancy kit test randomly for the past two week and all are negative. Is she pregnant? Its too urgent please answer me as soon as possible. How can she get back her missed periods. Is there any problem rather than being pregnant. Thank you.
On my first time sex my girlfriend got only a little drop of blood applied to her. I am confused weather she is virgin or not.
My wife (29) had ovarian cysts and she had laparoscopy done (27). But her cysts appeared again. We want to have a child but doctors are suggesting ivf. Is this the option we had or we can go for another option. please suggest.
Is mother of 1 child married husband stays away. I strongly feel asexual, even when the urge is there I tends to deviate do you think I need medical help? I have no partner and I do it feel like I need to have .
STDs can be said to be the main down side to what is globally known as the most widely appreciated pastime. Yes, your read that right, as they can also be quite rampant. For example, by the age of twenty five, about half of all sexually active adults would have been the victim of at least one STD. Therefore, one should be aware of the risks and take precautions while indulging in sexual activities.
A lot of people are of the opinion that only an actual act of sex can lead to an infection by an STD. However, this is really not true as any sexual activity which features any or all of the mouth, penis, vagina and the anus has the potential to lead to an infection by an STD.
What doesn’t feel right?
- STDs come in all sorts of ways. Some of them are curable and can be successfully treated while others just have to be managed. One of the symptoms to keep an eye out for includes a swelling or redness in the region around the penis or the vagina. Also, if a person experiences a lot of pain during urination, it is a very good idea to get checked for an STD.
- The symptoms of an STD are basically that not everything feels okay. Apart from the symptoms which have been mentioned, others which also exist and serve as a warning sign are a severe itching, which is experienced in the genital region and a discharge from the penis or vagina. In addition to this, unexplained weight loss along with skin rashes and bumps, sores or warts around the mouth, or the genital regions are also fairly good signs that an STD has been contracted.
Road to recovery
- If a person suspects that he or she may have an STD, it is very important to consult a doctor as delaying in doing so can harm other parts of one’s body, and at times permanently.
- When it comes to the treatment of an STD, an antibiotic course of treatment is usually the way to go. It is important that the course of medication which is followed is specifically for that person as using another person’s medicine course can backfire.
- The best way to practically avoid contracting an STD is to practice safe sex. Sex is something which is supposed to be fun and satisfying. Keeping a few things in mind, the fun can be almost unbridled. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I am in a 5 months pregnancy. Facing some breathing problems like oxygen deficiency. How can I treat myself from this?
I have tumor in left breast. And I have done a blood ,mammography, x-ray test. Which is normal. What medicine for this without surgery.
1. Increase fluid intake 4-8 ounces of water per day.
2. Avoid excessive throat clearing - try sipping water instead.
3. Get plenty of sleep. Fatigue can cause voice to sound hoarse.
4. Use plenty of breath support.
5. Do not speak in sentences that are too long. This causes you to vocalize with inadequate breath support at the end of your air stream.
6. Minimize caffeine, alcohol, menthol throat lozenges and dairy intake. These can dry out the vocal cords and/ or create thick mucous.
7. Avoid smoking.
8. Avoid raising your voice above others in a loud environment, it can cause straining and vocal abuse.
I'm 20 years old guy and my girlfriend had her periods in last month of 5th day i. E 5 of April and on this month of 4th may we had safe intercourse with condom later I just done fingering in her vagina and today is 13th of may she still didn't get her periods I'm worried of she getting pregnant but I'm sure that sperms are not entered in her vagina then how can her periods been delayed for so many days please guide me.
My mom is suffering from pain in the chest area. If she takes rest it's fine but if she moves or does any work the pain is coming. She is having thyroid even. How can you help my mom out of it? Is it anything serious about?
Hello Dr. last month mere delivery c-section howa tha what to eat what not to eat please suggest me mother is telling to drink lots of water is it true. Please advice.
My wife (27 yrs) is suffering from mensuration pain every month and the pain is very severe also as per her the flow of the blood is not that much, the secretion flow is less. Please call so that I can elaborate the issue is details and please I am on my knees. Please tell me the way to take of her from that.
I am having a sore and swollen clitoris, with redness. The area around vaginal pore itches n pains. The inner area of the labia minora gets itchy n red n it seems at the skin get dries often. I get vaginal discharge. My breasts are also tender n nipples are swollen n painful. This is happening since when I took an ipill. It's been a week now. please help.
Me and my boyfriend enjoyed sex yesterday without condom. Is there any chance for born of child. We never planning for sex that day but unfortunately we do that. Any salutation for this.
I am 2 months pregnant. I have got miscarriage twice in 2017. Now my doctor prescribe me aspisol 75 tablets with progesterone and folic acid tablets. Is it safe to take aspisol 75 during my 2 months pregnancy?
Hi Sir as I said about my wife age 32 year weight 75 kg is suffering from irregular period problem with scanty bleeding continues to four five days is also suffering from migraine problem. Can u please suggest me medical advice with period of treatment. Thank you sir
Obesity or excessive weight is a common problem for both men and women irrespective of their age. Obesity must not be ignored as it can lead to further complicated health problems like heart diseases and asthma. Different causes are responsible for excessive weight gain, such as hypothyroidism, depression or polycystic ovarian disease among many others.
Homeopathy offers many effective medicines for weight loss; they are as follows:
- Antimonium Crudum: This medicine is advised to children or young people suffering from excessive and inappropriate weight. If symptoms like thick white coat on the tongue, discoloration of nails, craving for salt, irritability are noticed in a child or young person, then the doctor may recommend this medicine.
- Calcarea carbonica: This medicine is recommended if fat gets accumulated in the abdominal region. It helps to lose fat from the abdomen region. It is also given to a person showing the symptom of excessive perspiration.
- Lycopodium: It is administered to people showing symptoms like depression or excessive craving for sweets. It helps to lose weight from the thigh or buttock region.
- Graphites: This may be advised if you show symptoms like fatigue, weakness or depression. It is mostly suggested to women.
- Nux vomica: This may be recommended if you have gained weight due to inactiveness. If symptoms like constipation or sensitivity to cold air are noticed, then this may be advised.
- Ignatia: Ignatia is generally advised if you gain weight due to depression.
- Natrum Mur: This medicine may be advised to lose weight from the thigh and buttock region. It is given to people showing symptoms like depression, sensitivity towards heat or sun.
- Phytolacca: This is one of the most common medicines suggested by doctors for weight loss. If you show symptoms like swollen glands, pain in the ear or feel dryness in your throat, then this may be advised to you.
It is highly recommended for you to consult a homeopathic doctor before taking any medicine in order to find out the root cause of your weight gain.