Find numerous Pulmonologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. M Hemanth KumarYour feedback matters!
I had written to you on 11.03.2015. I have been detected for TB of the lower spine on 24th Jan 2015. Undergoing Anti Tuberculer Treatment since 28.01.2015. 24.02.2015 INH was stopped as I had failed Liver Function Test. On 04.03.2015 ATT was stoped as LFT failed miserably, Billirubin Total-1.32, Direct-0.70, Indirect-0.62 SGOT-868, SGPT-582 LFT on 09.03.2014 bilirubin total- 0.4, direct- 0.24, indirect - 0.16 SGOT (AST)-288.5, SGPT(ALT) - 669.3, GGPT-70.3, Still ATT discontinued. Following medicines were prescribed by doctor for one week. S-AdenosylMethionine 400mg 1 tab 2 times a day Ursodeoxycholic acid ip-450mg 1 tab 2 times a day Zevit- vitamin B complex and C with Zinc Sulphate - once a day Now the latest up-date is given below. 16.03.2015 the test reports are slightly better. Total ? 0.89 max 1.2 Direct-0.26 max 0.20 Indirect- 0.63 max 1.0 SGOT ? 91.3 MAX 35 SGPT ?- 225.5 MAX 46 following medicines were priscribed by doctor for one more week. S-AdenosylMethionine 400mg 1 tab 2 times a day Ursodeoxycholic acid ip-450mg 1 tab 2 times a day Zevit- vitamin B complex and C with Zinc Sulphate - once a day Also prescribed the following Ethambutol Hydrochloride-1200 mg-once a day Levofloxacin - 750mg once a day Refampicin - 450 mg - once a day Report dated 23.03.2015 This week again the test reports are much better. Bilirubin Total ? 0.96 max 1.2 Direct-0.42 max 0.20 Indirect- 0.54 max 1.0 SGOT ? 40.6 MAX 35 SGPT ?- 78.1 MAX 46 To continue with all the above mentioned medicines and he added Pyrazinamide 750mg 2 tablets in a day Further he also informed to take all the ATT medicines together after dinner. LFT dated 30.03.2015 Total ? 1.06 max 1.2 Direct- 0.33 max 0.20 Indirect- 0.73 max 1.0 SGOT ? 441.9 MAX 35 SGPT ?- 727.2 MAX 46 I do not know what the Doctor will say tomorrow as I have failed LFT again. Will ATT be stopped again partially or completely.
Hlo doctor I want to ask that I have cough problem all the time my nose gets blocked and headache. M also very week. No growth at all.
Many women develop uterine fibroids by the time they hit the age of 50 years and above. These are non-cancerous growths that may occur in the uterus. Most women go through severe bleeding and pain as well as discomfort as a result of these fibroids. Age, family history of the same condition, obesity or being overweight, eating habits and even ethnicity play a large role in deciding the risk of each individual patient. These fibroids can grow in the submucosal, intramural and subserosal areas.
Following are the common side effects of uterine fibroids:
- Frequent urination: Due to the pressure of the fibroids on the uterus, the patient may experience a constant feeling of fullness in the lower pelvic area of the body, which may lead to frequent filling of the bladder. This gives rise to frequent trips to the washroom for urination.
- Heavy Bleeding: Severe bleeding is one of the most common causes of the presence of these kinds of fibroids. The patient may experience a lot of bleeding during menstrual periods, as well as pain and cramps the rest of the time. The periods will also be very painful when there are fibroids in the uterus or the uterine lining.
- Painful Intercourse: It is a well-known fact that any kind of infection or growth as well as sores and other such ailments can lead to vaginal dryness as well as pain during sexual intercourse. This is true for uterine fibroids as well, which can lead to severe pain during sexual activity. These fibroids can also give rise to pain in the lumbar or lower back region.
- Abdomen Swelling: The abdomen may go through significant swelling in such a condition and the patient may even look like she is pregnant. The growth can push the shape of the abdomen outwards and create a full feeling.
- Pregnancy Complications: The presence of uterine fibroids can give rise to several complications during pregnancy and even after child birth. One of the most common problems in this case is bleeding, followed by more severe outcomes like miscarriage. The women suffering from uterine fibroids are at greater risk of undergoing a caesarean section for the delivery of the baby. The baby may also be born breech and a premature delivery may take place.
- Infertility: This is also a rare side effect of the uterine fibroids and is generally seen only in very severe cases.
- Cancer: Only one in every 1000 cases might transform into malignant tumours. These uterine fibroids are generally known to be non-malignant.
Any symptoms must be reported to a gynaecologist at the earliest to avoid any serious complications.
My 5-year-old daughter has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long-term? I heard that using it for years might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true? Are there any vitamins or supplements to help vision?
I'm getting cough when the climate turns cold or raining. When it's sunny day I don't get cough. I don't have asthma kind of issues. What would be reason for it. What are the remedies. Pls suggest me.
I have asthma. Is it good to use inhaler during asthma attack? If yes then which inhaler should I use the one that uses a gas pump or one with capsules?
My mother are 60 year old having problem is infection of cough. Sugar is right. Blood 12. 3 things are right, what is problem?
I have deviated nasal septum. I have breathing difficulties. My 1 side nostril always remain blocked. Should I use nasal spray. To get it unblocked? After that will my breathing get easy?
I am 44 year old and have some sinus problem from last 2 year. Headeche, forehead pain, pain at inner side of both ear, sometime problem in balancing, I have show to ent and doctor has recomended for operation of nasal bone which come in ct scan. Kindly advise what step to be taken.
Dear sir I am 25 years old I have tonsils problem. My nose is closed from 5 month I cannot take breath easily. Can yiu guide me please. I am waiting for your good and helpful advise. Thanks.
Asthma is a condition that can flare up anytime; be it at your child's soccer practice or during the middle of the night. Whenever the condition sets in, it leads to your child struggling for breath. For a parent to witness this situation can be hard; but you should know the techniques to keep the situation under control.
Here are a few tips on how to manage the situation:
1. Find out the triggers in your home: Asthma is triggered due to substances that your child may be allergic to. Examples are cigarette smoke, fur of pets and dust. If possible, keep your child away from the known triggers so that the condition does not flare up again.
2. Keep records of the following: It is good to have an action plan ready for your child when the bouts of asthma strike. When you visit the doctor to discuss about your child's condition then make sure that you have these records at hand.
- The triggers that caused the bout of asthma
- How many times did your child have wheezing episodes?
- The number of times your child has been admitted for the same reason
- The medications that your child is currently taking, dosage and/or whether they have been changed
- How often does he/she need medications if he/she has acute symptoms?
3. Knowledge of the test your child may require: Asthma control test is a type of test that allows parents and children to grade asthma symptoms without a doctor. A pulmonary function test is used to detect the capacity of the lungs and flow of air.
4. See how your child responds to the treatments: You should consider changing the treatments for your child if he/she has recurrent symptoms of asthma attack and require frequent visits to the Emergency Room even after taking medications for an extended duration.
5. Long term treatment plans require patience: Any asthma treatment plan requires patience as they might not immediately cure symptoms.