Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Leela ShankarYour feedback matters!
Homeopathy is scientific, logical, safe, quick and extremely effective method of healing. It offers long lasting to permanent cure, treating the disease from its roots, for most of the ailments. Homeopathy is one of the most rational sciences with respect to its concepts of health, disease and cure. Homeopathy does not treat superficially by just driving away the symptoms but heals the patient from within. Undoubtedly, homeopathy is the medicine of future.
- Homeopathic medicines act deeply to eradicate the disease completely
- No recurrence after the treatment is withdrawn
- Suitable for all age groups, children, teenagers, adults, and aged population
- Homeopathy treats the patient and not just his illness; therefore the patient feels good on all planes after the treatment
- Boosts immunity
- Many nasty diseases find permanent cure in homeopathy
- Most affordable treatment option
- Now available online; so you need not even step out to seek expert homeopathic prescription
Homoeopathy: Ideal for children
Most of the children ailments like Cold, Cough, Fever, Vomiting, Diarrhea, Dysentery, Colic, Tonsillitis, Bronchitis, Asthma, Measles, Chickenpox, Mumps, Dentition problems, etc., could be very effectively and quickly treated with homeopathy without producing any side effects whatsoever. Unlike antibiotics and other such medicines, homeopathic pills do not hamper digestion, or lower body’s resistance. Neither do they cause any allergies nor cause any damage even if taken over a long period.
Children, willingly ingest homeopathic pills being sweet in taste.Besides, homeopathy is effective also in temperament and behavioral problems seen commonly in children like irritability, obstinacy, temper-tantrums, fears, phobias, destructiveness; and thumb- sucking, nail biting, bed-wetting; as well as in mentally and physically backward children.
Homeopathy: Better substitute to Antibiotics…
Homeopathy has definite treatment for most of the infectious disease such as Sinusitis, Tonsillitis, Bronchitis, Pneumonia, Tuberculosis, Meningitis, Otitis media (pus from ear), Gastroenteritis (vomiting-diarrhea), Dysentery, Urinary Infections, etc. Homeopathic remedies create healing by removing toxicity from the body, as opposed to suppression of symptoms by allopathic medicine.
The remedy creates balance in the body and the body responds by eliminating the negative energy that is causing the illness or symptom. Homeopathy encourages your immune system to do what it was designed to do–keep you healthy!
Homeopathy offers wonder treatment for Viral infections:
Viral infections such as common cold, influenza, measles, chickenpox, mumps, viral hepatitis (jaundice), viral meningitis etc. are very well treated with homeopathy Allopathic system has no curative treatment for viral diseases.
Homeopathy: Often avoids Surgery
Homeopathy is not against surgery. Surgery is an art and science by itself. There are number of diseases which are labeled as ‘surgical’, where homeopathy works curatively and can avoid surgery. Some such ailments are: Septic recurrent Tonsillitis, Piles, Fissure-in-ano, Fistula, Appendicitis (except gangrenous), Chronic ear discharge, Vocal cord nodules, Polyp in nose-ear, Kidney & Biliary (small) stones, small size Ut erine Fibroid, Ovarian Cysts, Warts, Corns, etc.
Homeopathy: Answer to Allergic diseases
In modern life infections have diminished and various allergic disorders have grown rampant. Homeopathy offers very effective treatment in all allergic diseases such as various skin diseases like Urticaria, Eczema, Contact Dermatitis.
Homeopathy: Excellent for Psychosomatic ailments
Homeopathic Opinion: A must…
In this scientific era of health consciousness, the time has come that for the treatment of any disease, which does not respond to any particular line of treatment, one must take a homeopathic opinion immediately.
Homeopathy: Not a last Resort
To obtain the best results and full benefits of homeopathic science, one should resort to homeopathy in the early phase of sickness. Because of ignorance and lack of awareness in general public about the usefulness of homoeopathy in all kinds of diseases ranging from Cold to Cancer.Cold Cough
I have period prblm because of PCOD from last one year. I also completed the treatment but problem still their. And my weight is also increase. What should I do?
I am 45 years old Female. I have no baby till now. Few years ago I pregnant two times but not stay. These time to till now I am not pregnant. Can I born a baby ? Please suggest one suggestion in my favour. I am a poor wife. We are not suffer for IVF baby. because it is too costly treatment. Please help us.
Hi My mother suffering with pain that is cause by uterus. And she not got pregnancy since 13 years but she suffering a lot she unable to bear pain. So what kind of treatment she use to take.
Hi, I am 24 years old. I have pcod since 9 years. I used medicines for getting periods alternate years from the age of 18. I also used homeopathy medicine for one year. While using medicines I lost around 5 kgs weight and got regular periods for 6 months and again my periods became irregular and also I gained weight. I got married 6 months ago and trying for baby. Can you please suggest diet and exercises for getting periods regular naturally and conceive early without any complications. My prolactin and thyroid levels are normal in range and haemoglobin 11.5.
My wife her upper body is weak but her lower body is healthy. Why this happen. She is also suffering from acne problem. And face is so weak but his thighs are heavy why.
Please reply I did sex on 13 day after my first day of my period what chances of getting pregnant now I feel hungry lazy and nausea vomiting and in morning I see white milky discharge.
I'm getting stomach pain with vomiting every month when I get periods, is this common to all or do I have any problem? could I able to get pregnancy in future?
Hi Doctor, I would like to know few doubts related to my wifes health. Its now about 6 months after our manage. marriage happened on Aug 2015. Later after some time it was found that my wife have PCOD and she started taking tablet for 3 months. In 3 months period got regular and as per advise from doctor the medicine was stopped. After that from Jan 2015 we are trying for Kid and till now no success. Recently about 3 weeks back she started showing many symptoms like vomiting tendency, black out in front of eyes, getting tired soon and we consulted doctor. Doctor advised it was because of anemia and gave few iron tablets. Routine using, blood and thyroid test happened. No pregnancy test was advised or done by doctor. For our satisfaction we used pregnancy kit and it has not shown any positive results till today. Now she is having vomiting tendency early morning and at times she tells she have sour/sweet taste in mouth and skips away food. Now, its already time for next period, Her period date should happen between 10th - 15th of month. For this month Feb period did not happen. Last period there was more bleeding one one day alone. Last period happened on Jan 10. Now its Feb 25 and period did not happen yet. Today morning we did pregnancy test and kit showed negative. My doubts are: a) Is she still having PCOD? B) IS this anemia? C) Is the kit showing wrong result. Should we confirm pregnancy through blood test or something? D) She is very much slim, will the PCOD cause problem for her in pregnancy?
I am suffering with very high stomach pain during periods time, How I can reduce please give me suggestions?
Hi, I am having thyroid and deficiency of vitamin d3 b12 so safe to conceive as 1 years has gone for marriage.
M pregnant. It's a 2 month. In pregnancy sex can b done. There wil b no problem in pregnancy na. If sex can be done then how to take care while doing means how to do. Precaution should be taken or without it can also be done. Can you reply pls.
Women do not normally visit a gynaecologist, until they are suffering from any problem. Visiting a gynaecologist at regular intervals is important for good health.
Following are the 4 common reasons to visit a gynaecologist:
- Itchy vagina - Vaginal itching is very commonly ignored as most women consider it to be embarrassing, and as something that does not require any attention. However vaginal itching may be an indication of something more serious. Usually vaginal itching is a sign of fungal infection or a symptom of a sexually transmitted disease. In the worst-case scenario, it can even be a sign of vulvar cancer (a cancer of the vulva, which is the external part of your vagina).
- Painful sex - Most women feel that it is normal to feel a little bit of pain in your vagina during sex. However, the truth is that pain during sex is not at all normal. If you feel pain while indulging in sexual activity, there are chances of you suffering from either vaginal dryness or a mild infection, which if left untreated can become worse. Some of these infections can even be STDs such as herpes, gonorrhoea etc.
- Lump in your breast - A lump in the breast, whether or not accompanied by a bloody discharge from your nipples, is most likely a warning sign of cancer. You should also watch out for any type of pain in your breasts or even an abnormal growth as all of these indicate the development of cancerous cells in the breasts.
- Considerable bleeding during periods - If you bleed heavily during your periods, so much so that you have to change your sanitary napkin 2-3 times in just one to two hours, it's a cause of concern. If this heavy menstrual flow is also accompanied with shortness of breath and rapid heart rate, you may be suffering from anaemia. In extreme cases (which is very rare), this can lead to extreme blood loss, which may require a blood transfusion. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Am 22 years old and married we are planing for the baby and I have problem like irregular periods and once we do sexual intercourse I get periods so please let me know about the reason y it's happening.
Sonf - 100 gm
Isabgol - 100 gm
Cardamom (small) - 100 gm
Mix all well with sugar (300 gm)- store this granulated powder well.
Consume 10 gm in morning before breakfast with lukewarm water.
Repeat 10 gm at night after meals with lukewarm water.
I am 24 years old girl. I have irregularities in my period that will gaining my weight. Now a days my weight is 56 kg .which affected on my regular period cycle. Please guide me how can I loose my weight.
Infertility is a condition that affects approximately 1 out of every 6 couples. An infertility diagnosis is given to a couple that has been unsuccessful in efforts to conceive over the course of one full year. When the cause of infertility exists within the female partner, it is referred to as female infertility. Female infertility factors contribute to approximately 50% of all infertility cases and female infertility alone accounts for approximately one-third of all infertility cases.
What causes infertility in Women?
1. Damage to your Fallopian tubes: These structures carry eggs from your ovaries, which produce eggs, to the uterus, where the baby develops. They can get damaged when scars form after pelvic infections, endometriosis, and pelvic surgery. That can prevent sperm from reaching an egg.
2. Hormonal problems: You may not be getting pregnant because your body isn't going through the usual hormone changes that lead to the release of an egg from the ovary and the thickening of the lining of the uterus.
3. Cervical issues: Some women have a condition that prevents sperm from passing through the cervical canal.
4. Uterine trouble: You may have polyps and fibroids that interfere with getting pregnant. Uterine polyps and fibroids happen when too many cells grow in the endometrium, the lining of the uterus.
5. Ovulation disorders: Ovulation disorders, meaning you ovulate infrequently or not at all, account for infertility in about 25 percent of infertile couples. These can be one of the following:
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS): In PCOS, complex changes occur in the hypothalamus, pituitary gland and ovaries, resulting in a hormone imbalance, which affects ovulation. PCOS is associated with insulin resistance and obesity, abnormal hair growth on the face or body and acne. It's the most common cause of female infertility.
- Hypothalamic dysfunction. The two hormones responsible for stimulating ovulation each month, follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH) are produced by the pituitary gland in a specific pattern during the menstrual cycle.
- Premature ovarian insufficiency. This disorder is usually caused by an autoimmune response where your body mistakenly attacks ovarian tissues or by premature loss of eggs from your ovary due to genetic problems or environmental insults such as chemotherapy. It results in the loss of the ability to produce eggs by the ovary, as well as a decreased oestrogen production under the age of 40.