Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
(giloy, glo, guduchi)
Giloy satva or guduchi satva
It is a very common and economic but wonderful ayurvedic medicine, often neglected by well -to-do people because of mere low cost of the medicine.
It is obtained by extracting starchy content of indian tinospora plant by soaking in water for six to eight hrs, macerated and allowing starchy content to settle down and collected.
This powder has immense curing capabilities. People spend thousands of rupees by way of lab tests, antibiotics when pyrexia of unknown origin (puo) can't be treated. Similarly anaemia, jaundice, hyperacidity, polythrist etc are often take long time to recover. It is here that this wonderful gift of nature is very useful. It is a very fine immunity booster.
Nasal bleeding, menorrhagia, rectal bleeding, burning feet and hands can be cured very well with it as also it is useful in pthisis, emaciation and also lowers blood glucose levels.
Giloy satva when combined with chirayata satva (swertia chirata plant) cures toughest of fevers.
Both of above can be given independently or combined. By giving these with water boiled with holy basil leaves (tulasi) make it manifold effective.
Giloy satva - 1/2 gm to 1 gm
Chirayata satva - 1gm to 2 gm
There are many more uses of such simple things. Patients' attendants need little patience. These are non synthesised and non toxic naturals. Hence little slow. Can be given with any other medicine also. These do not counteract.
People should plant giloy and tulasi at common places in this rainy season so that everyone can benefit when needed. Can be grown in pots also.
I m 40 years old woman. I m suffering from heavy bleeding due my period, morethan 20 days. I m afraid to do operation. So please help me. What should I do?
I am not conceiving from last 9 months, I have cyst in my ovaries. I want to know that due to cyst I'm not conceiving?
I am having continuous periods (for about 15 days now), in little amounts and then again it stops. I have an irregulatory issue but this time its a bit different where it starts and then stops. Its continuing for about 15 days now. I am 37 years old and a mother of a 8 year old daughter. Please advice as I am utterly tensed.
I want to know by kissing a girl or hugging or any kind of touching to her can cause aids or any other sexual disease?
My wife takes Eltroxin 75 mcg as she has hyperthyroid for the past 3 years. What are the chances of conceiving? Its been 4 months since we got married and ppl around us have started enquiring abt pregnancy. Pls help.
Ectopic pregnancy, pain in lower abdominal region. Can be treated with medicines or require any surgery. Effect on fallopian tube.
My wife is pregnant she is into her 9 the month she had a scan today and the reports we showed to the doctor she is saying caesarian operation but I think it could be normal she is not even waiting for the due date she just says choose any day from today and also says don't take much time as the position of the baby is upwards so please suggest any way to this delivery in normal as in operation after operation there are lot of pains so please help me out.
My wife suffering from PCOD and thyroid problem. We have got in 2014 since we are trying for a baby there is no result. One time she has undergone IUI for treatment it also went failure. menses cycle is occurring for 3 months once what can I do.
Simple Home Remedies to get rid of itchy scalp
Dry itchy scalp can be a nuisance, especially when you get that itchy feeling in the presence of someone or when white flakes become visible in your hair or on your shoulders. Caused by various reasons such as dandruff, dryness of the scalp, poor care of the hair, viral or fungal infections, poor diet, sebaceous cysts or even stress, itchy scalp can be a big embarrassment. However, you can get rid of this itchy scalp with these simple remedies:
Lemon has antiseptic properties and proves highly effective in treating itchiness especially the one caused by dandruff.
- Apply lemon juice directly on the scalp for 5-7 minutes and then rinse
- Use diluted lemon juice if you do not have dandruff
- Or you can add yogurt to the lemon juice before applying. Use a mild shampoo to rinse after that.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar can work wonderfully for itchy scalp since it helps to get rid of the fungus and virus that may be the reason for itchiness. It is a powerful anti-inflammatory substance that also balances the scalp’s pH balance helping to relieve dryness and itching.
- In a spray bottle, take equal amounts of water and vinegar and use it to spray directly on your slightly wet scalp or apply with the help of cotton balls
- Shampoo your hair after some time
3. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera gel is a good moisturizer and can help you to get rid of itching and dryness of the scalp.
- Rub the gel with your fingers directly on the scalp
- After 10-15 minutes, use a mild shampoo to rinse your hair and scalp
4. Onion Juice with Banana and Honey
Onion juice is a powerful remedy for itching. Honey too works incredibly to get rid of itchiness.
- Add some onion juice along with a mashed ripe banana to 2 tablespoons of honey and mix thoroughly
- Apply on the scalp and let it rest for 20 minutes
- Shampoo your hair afterwards to get rid of the white flakes and itchiness
5. Essential Oils
Essential oils like Eucalyptus, Lavender and Neem also work well for relieving itching of the scalp.
- Mix equal portions of the 3 together and apply on the scalp
- Wash after an hour to get a relaxing feel apart from relief from itching and dryness.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'
Hello I am 18 year old actually I have to attend a marriage on 31oct and my periods are expected on same days. But I want to skip it to enjoy every moment of function. So please help me.
I had a doubt of pregnancy. But the pregnancy test was coming negative. So I took (deviry 10) 3 tablets n the periods came for 7 days. Now again my periods did not came from 2 months. Am I pregnant? Or there is any other problem? Please suggest
In order to fulfill your and your partner's desires if must understand them and along with that you need to keep a track of your mental and physical health, so that you can fulfill those desires. There is an increasing number of people with the issue of reduced sexual drive and this being a private matter are not able to come out in the open to discuss it. However, this is an issue that can only be solved by a frank discussion, and when that is done, it might seem like there was no problem in the first place.
Listed below are some things that can lead to a lower sexual drive. It is to be noted that women and men have different reasons leading to reduced libido.
- Reduced hormone levels: The most prominent cause is reduced levels of testosterone and estrogen, which are hormones required for development of sexual characteristics in males and females respectively. The levels can reduce depending on various reasons from hypogonadism to loss of ovaries to psychological stress to medications to drinking and smoking. The first step in managing this would be to establish the fact that there are reduced hormone levels and pin the cause for it. Most people respond almost immediately to replacement therapy. Additionally, in some cases, the cause for reduced hormones can be addressed when identified.
- Physiological problems: Especially in women, if there is painful intercourse, then the drive is naturally reduced. The reason for the pain could be spasms or infection and need to be identified and treated. Psychological constraints are another major reason that most females have painful intercourse. Counselling along with therapy, if required can help these patients.
- Medications: From antidepressants to antihypertensives, though they are meant to cure some medical condition, they lead to some other condition. Drugs like selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), tricyclic antidepressants (TCA), and beta-adrenergic blockers are famous for their ability to reduce libido.
- Lifestyle habits: From smoking to drinking alcohol to junk food to lack of exercise, the effect on libido is very strong. Smoking decreases blood flow in general, which leads to reduced desire.
- Chronic diseases: Whether it is depression or diabetes, hypertension or hyperlipidemia, they all have an indirect effect on the sex drive of a person. Additionally, the constant stress of having to monitor health and maintain a good lifestyle has an effect on the overall health and definitely on the sex drive. In some cases, this could lead to drinking and smoking and use of medications all of which again can affect the sex drive. It goes into a vicious cycle and the patient needs to accept some facts and manage to work around the others.
It is indeed very stressful when a person finds out that he has a low sexual drive. However, it is not impossible to manage with a little help and support, both from the partner and the doctor.
The amount of emotional upheaval that periods, or no periods (for that matter) can cause, is something that every woman is aware of. It's normal to miss your period for different reasons occasionally, but it is a matter of concern if this absence persists over a period of time. The condition is then termed as a case of secondary amenorrhea. Although most people are quick to consider pregnancy while dealing with the various reasons for missed periods, there are a number of possibilities which are seldom mulled over, but should be considered in order to take effective precautions and seek proper medical care:
- Weight: Body weight is responsible for affecting hypothalamus and this may, in turn, upset your menstrual cycle. BMI level under 18-19 may result in triggering irregularities since enough estrogen will not be created. This is also why underweight women, who suffer from bulimia or anorexia, tend to miss their periods frequently. On the other hand, overweight women may stop ovulating due to increase in the production of estrogen and therefore, have heavy, infrequent periods. Therefore, it is essential that body weight be regulated to avoid any disappointment at 'the time of the month.'
- Stress: Any type of physical or emotional stress is bound to affect your cycle. This is because, the production of stress hormones in the body increases and an elevated level of adrenaline and cortisol may impair the functioning of the reproductive system. Under stressful situations, the body employs its amino acids to assist the neurotransmitters to produce stress hormones over sex hormones. As a consequence, the chances of missing your periods increase.
- Exercising Too Much: While regular workout is indispensable for battling a sedentary lifestyle, overdoing it might cause your body to produce lesser estrogen and delay your periods. Women, who are into athletics and gymnastics, are more likely to suffer from amenorrhea. In fact, other aspects of over-exercising, like sleeping less, fasting, and infections also contribute to such irregularities.
- Breastfeeding: Prolactin is the hormone that aids in milk production and may also repress ovulation for a while. Many breastfeeding moms may not get their periods for a month or more as a result. But this doesn't do away with your chances of getting pregnant. A span of three months is expected to pass before the abnormalities are done away with.
- Food Allergies: Celiac disease or untreated gluten allergy can directly harm hormone production. They are directly related to your gut health and your adrenal glands which is why they can influence the sex hormone creation.