Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Jyothsna MadanYour feedback matters!
Premature labor is also known as preterm labor. This is the term given when the body gets ready for an early delivery in the pregnancy. Labor is considered to be premature if it starts almost three weeks prior to the due date. Premature labor usually leads to early birth, but now this can be delayed with medical help. It is better that the baby grows inside you because there are fewer chances of problems after birth.
Risk of Preterm Labor:
Some of the things, which can increase the risk of a preterm labor are:
- Being underweight or overweight before pregnancy
- Poor prenatal care
- Use of alcohol and drugs during pregnancy
- Health conditions, such as preeclampsia, infections, diabetes, high blood pressure and clotting disorders
- Pregnant with a bay with birth defects
- Getting pregnant through vitro fertilization
- Pregnant with multiples like twins and triplets
- Becoming pregnant soon after having a baby
Symptoms of preterm labor:
Warning signs should be heeded to stop the stop premature labor, as acting quickly can help. Consult your doctor or midwife immediately in case you have the following:
- Backache, especially in the lower back. Back ache can be a constant feature or might keep coming in intervals, but does not change with a change in position.
- Contractions that take place in each 10 minutes.
- A leaking feeling in the vagina or fluid leakage from the vagina.
- Cramps in the lower abdomen very similar to menstrual cramps. These usually give a feeling of gas pains and come with a diarrhea.
- Symptoms of flu like vomiting, nausea and diarrhea. Must to see a doctor if the liquids cannot be tolerated for more than 8 hours.
- The pressure in the vagina or pelvis increases.
- Vaginal discharge increases.
- There might be light bleeding from the vagina.
Ways to check for contractions:
To spot and early labor one must be sure to check for the contractions. Contractions can be checked by the following:
- When the fingertips are placed on the abdomen and the uterus feels too soft or tight then these are contractions.
- Contractions if felt, should be timed and the starting time of these should be noted.
- Contractions should be stopped by changing the position and drinking some water or by walking around.
- Doctor or midwife should be contacted if the contractions occur every 10 minutes and the symptoms worsen.
- Sometime women might experience false labor also known as Braxton Hicks contractions. These are not so strong, are erratic and stop on moving around.
23 f. So yesterday, after we had an intercourse (in which my man wore a condom throughout, removed it only after he ejaculated, he did not wash himself. Meanwhile, we started cuddling in the process of which I sat over him and his genital barely touched my vagina for 10secs or so. Could there be any sperm up there? Can I be pregnant? I've been freaking out over it. I can not take contraceptives since im in mid of a course for periods :(
I am two months pregnancy . I wants to know that what foods should be taken in this stage of pregnancy. For good and normal baby.
Hi. I'm 28 year old woman. I got married 2 years before now I have 6 month baby but I didn't get feel better during sex. And also I haven't feel sex desire. My hubby wants to me more and more but I don't feel better whereas I love him too much. Please suggest best solution.
Hi For my wife continuous bleeding from February to till date not yet stopped, she is taking homeopathy but not yet stopped, usg scan report said that peripheral follicles are seen in both ovaries, next what to do?
I am 31 weeks pregnant What should be done to avoid pre mature delivery as my baby is in head down position.
My name anu kashyap and my age is now 55 year and my period is discontinued before two to three month an my health going down so doctor what should I do to.
The physiotherapy treatment is very effective for maintaining neck with isometric exercise for neck.
Meri maa ki age 50 h & unko abhi bhi periods hote h wo bhi jayda bleeding hoti h Ye koi bimari to nahi h na? Aur iska koi home remedies ho to aap bataye.
I started to go gym. Need to know maximum time period I can walk on treadmill to avoid any bad medical condition now or in future.. Does 40 min daily walk on average speed of 4 cn harm my knees or something else?
I'm 50+ had the problem in my testicles which block the spermatozoa to conceive any 1.What's the latest remedy? fluid is okay and never had a problem in good sex so far.
I am unmarried female suffering from pcod and thyroid taking 50 mcg thyronorm I have taken treatment for pcod fir appx 8- 9 mths still my periods not regular . I do regular work out too what can I do please give some information regarding this m soon going to get married. thanks.
My girl friend have irregular periods n vagina itching n pain too what is the reason can you suggest some solution.
I am a 19 year old female. My sexual partner was manually stimulating my clitoris and vagina, a little too rough and long. After that I experienced minor bleeding, pain, soreness and extreme swelling of the left labia minora. Is this normal? I have been applying a cold compress on the swollen area. What should I do?
Hi doctor, My periods date was extended more than 15 days, I don't know y, Please need your advice and reasons for delay.
Hello doctor. M 20 year old. I have pcod and also ovarian cyst. From last 2 days m suffering from burning and irritation in my vagina. I feel as my bladder is full even after I urinate. And when the urine passes the burning sensation just triples. And today m passing urine after every 2 minutes. Also having lower abdominal pain. I had sex on 29th of August. Which was the day after my period got over on 28th. But sperms didn't enter inside me. Is it possibility of pregnancy? Wht should I do?
Vitamins are very important and essential for the body. Vitamins are a form of nutrients, which must be consumed strictly for proper body functioning and building strong immunity. Vitamin pills are an ideal and easy source of essential vitamins. However, having food items, which are rich in vitamins is a much healthier option. Eating foods rich in vitamins helps your body obtain abundant nutrients as per the requirement of the body. In this manner, you will be able to gain all the required vitamins by eating various types of foods.
Here is a list of the primary vitamins, which are essential for the body, along with the food items where they can be found.
- Vitamins B6 and B12: These vitamins help in proper blood circulation and nerve functioning and can be found in bananas, whole grains, beans, nuts, eggs, pork, fish, chicken, wheat germ and other poultry products.
- Vitamin C: This vitamin is an antioxidant and fights free radicals which damage DNA. It also helps in strengthening the body immunity. The best source of vitamin C includes citrus fruits and citrus juices, red and green pepper, brussels sprouts, spinach, broccoli, kale, strawberries and collard greens.
- Calcium: Calcium is very essential for maintaining bone health, bone density and prevents osteoporosis. All dairy products are very rich in calcium. Calcium is also present in legumes and dark green, leafy vegetables.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D helps in the absorption of calcium and lack of vitamin D may lead to osteoporosis, type 1 diabetes, multiple sclerosis and several cancers as well. Vitamin D is present in fatty fishes such as tuna and salmon. Major sources of vitamin D are fortified food products such as cereals and milk.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E functions as an antioxidant and helps in eye health. Enough intake of vitamin E can reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease. Foods rich in vitamin E include avocados, vegetable oils like safflower, sunflower, cottonseed, canola and olive oil. It is also found in wheat germ, almonds, sunflower seeds and other nuts.
- Folic acid: The insufficient intake of this vitamin may lead to several birth defects during pregnancy like spina bifida. Deficiency of folic acid may also lead to heart diseases, stroke and cancers. The best food sources of folic acid are leafy vegetables, strawberries, wheat germ, broccoli, asparagus, beans, whole grains and folic acid fortified cereals or breads.
- Iron: Iron prevents iron-deficiency anemia and supports the immune system. The best sources of iron are red meat, clams, egg yolks, fish and chicken. Iron is also found in fortified grains, legumes and cereals.
Vitamins are very essential for the body as they prevent the body from several diseases, which in turn help in healthy functioning of the organs. It is better to eat your vitamins directly, instead of taking vitamin pills. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.