Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Jyothsna MadanYour feedback matters!
My sister dont have baby for 10 years, she is in treatment and dis month she did not get the periods yet. Yesterday is her 30th day, wen could she take pregnancy test? She have periods like pain and little discharge. Is that a sign of negativity?
A fibroid tumour is made up of muscle cells that have escaped and come together to create a knot or a mass in the uterus. These tumours can occur due to a family history and are usually known to occur for women patients nearing menopause. One of the most common symptoms is unusually heavy menstrual cycles. Let us walk you through the rest of the details.
- Types: Fibroid tumours can be of three types, mainly depending on the location. While submucosal fibroids can be found just under the lining of the uterus, intramural fibroids can be found between the muscles that lie on the walls of the uterus. Finally, the third type - subserol fibroids - go beyond the uterine wall to enter the pelvic cavity.
- Symptoms: Usually, there are no symptoms of these kinds of fibroids. There may be heavy bleeding during the monthly menstrual cycle, as well as swelling and pain in the abdomen. Also, prolonged bleeding is common when these kinds of tumours are present in the body.
- Cause: Fibroid tumours are mostly caused due to an overgrowth of the cells beyond the muscular walls that line the uterus. In such cases, the growth is further fuelled by hormones like estrogen and progesterone. These hormones are usually at their highest level in the body, during the childbearing years of a woman. During menopause, these tumours are known to shrink before they eventually vanish. It is very rare to find malignancy in such tumours.
- Risk: Are you at risk? Well, that depends on your age, family medical history, weight and in some cases, even the ethnicity. These tumours are mostly found in women who are between the age of 30 to 40 years and continues through menopause. Obesity is also a major reason that gives rise to this condition. Further, women of colour are known to develop this more easily while a family history can also increase your chances of the same.
- Tests and Diagnosis: A pelvic exam and an ultrasound as well as a history of your menstrual cycle will help the doctor in determining whether or not you are suffering from this condition.
- Treatment: Non steroid, anti-inflammatory drugs can help in bringing down the swelling and pain, especially in cases where there is heavy menstrual bleeding. Birth control pills and patches with hormones can also help in such cases. Further, progesterone shots and iron supplements may be prescribed. Very severe cases may require surgery for removal with a myomectomy.
Remember to visit your doctor in case you see any nagging symptoms of fibroid tumours.
I am 32 year old female. I had endometriosis both side of my ovaries ,right side cyst was removed in 2012 but due to adhesions left side was not removed. Trying to conceive since last 4 years .In latest HSG report my right side tube has hydrosalpinx but proximal part of the tube is fine. Planning for IVF. My doctor suggested since the proximal part of tube is normal we can go ahead for IVF without drinking tube .Need second opinion of any experienced IVF specialist. Pls find below HSG report done on 29 march '16- RT TUBE- Normal proximal and Mid tube ,ampullary coiling, clumping seen, Distal folds pimbrial end clumped, Pertitubal contrast pocket seen (ADHESIONS, Tubal pressure not elevated, Tube spill seen. LEFT TUBE - Normal proximal tube, Marked ampullary dilation, Distal folds not seen, Fimbrial end Obstructed, Tubal pressure not elevated, No spill seen. My question is - Since the proximal part of tube is normal can we go ahead for IVF with out surgery? Or it will effect implantation of embryo .What are my chances of successful IVF in this case? Is there any other way sort it out as I do not want to go for another surgery to drink tube.
Hello mam, mai ye puchna chahti hu ki mne apne bf k sath 4 mahine phle sex kia tha but uske bd se he thde se periods hue the lekin ab 2 months se periods nhi hue to kya mai pregnant ho skti hu?
Sir m 22 year old girl. I have thyroid problem last two year as well as period problem. And I want gain weight so what should I do.
I am having sex with my wife by using condoms. But we don't like to use condom and don't want child for one more year. So is there any suggestion? As I have heard ejaculating inside her on certain days of her cycle won't make her pregnant?
I had a intercourse before 15 days, just next day I took a contraceptive pill because I was worried about this and then I also do home test after 3 days it results negative. Now my menstrual date was at 10th but till today it has not start yet. Now I feel something white discharge (sometime very thick white sometime not so much thick and it has odour) is it normal? What should I do? I beg you to help me. Please.
Hii I want to know that if a girl have sex with one boy without protection and then does the same with another then will she get infected by HIV?
My partner was on her third day of periods we had sex and cum inside her will there be a chance of pregnancy?
Condom broke during sex but there was no cum, took an ipill approx 40 hours after Intercourse Started a birth control pill approx 3 days after taking the ipill and had unprotected Intercourse exactly a week after the last intercourse again involved to cum inside the vagina Still 17 days to go for periods but there is vaginal bleeding Bleeding feels like the end of periods phase. Could this be implantation bleeding. Could I be pregnant?
I am 22 years old. I have very irregular periods. This time its been a month periods havnt stopped. Tje fkow is heavy. I took pause mf 16 tablets 8 days but no effect. Ultrasound showed normal along with polycystic ovaries and endometrial thickness 5mm 10 days before. Now my doctor prescribed me with regestrone tablet for 14 days. After one tablet my periods stopped bleeding stopped. Is it good news? Will my next periods be normal regular?
What if I want to have sex but her vagina is tight and if I try to have sex with her she tries to moan very hard I like it but she cries at that time I fear a alot what should I do and is it OK to have anal sex.
Benefits of black sesame seeds
1. Anti-ageing properties: the chinese believe that the nutrients in black sesame seeds can help in postponing or reversing, certain age-related side effects. As per a study done by harvard university in 2010, black sesame seeds are rich in vitamin b and iron, and most people who have a vitamin b or iron deficiency show symptoms like hair turning gray, hearing loss and memory loss, all of which are the indicators of ageing.
2. Decreases the risk of cancer:
According to Dr. Ronald dephino, principal investigator, m. D. Anderson cancer centre, houston, the sesamin found in sesame seeds is found to protect the liver against the damage caused by free radicals in the body. Also, the seeds are rich in fiber, lignans (cell reinforcements) and phytosterol (phytochemicals), which can protect you against the development of colon cancer.
3. Relief for constipation and indigestion:
Dr. Amol ghosh from n. R. S. Hospial in kolkata, says, the black sesame seed can help in curing constipation due to the high fiber content and unsaturated fatty acid content. The oil found in the seed can lubricate your intestines, while the fiber in the seed helps in smooth bowel movements. These seeds also help in clearing up worms in your intestinal tract and improve the digestion process. grinding the seeds or soaking them overnight can help make the seeds more digestible.
4. Stabilizes your blood pressure:
Black sesame seeds are rich in magnesium that helps prevent hypertension. Polyunsaturated fats and the compound sesamin present in sesame oil are known to keep blood pressure levels in check.
5. For healthier bones:
According to Dr. Gargi sharma, nutritionist at aayna clinic in delhi, osteoporosis is a condition of fragile bones with an increased susceptibility to fracture. Bone mass tends to decrease after the age of 35, and bone loss occurs more rapidly in women after menopause. Black sesame seeds are abundant in calcium and zinc that your bones strong.