Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. GomathiYour feedback matters!
Plz tell whether masturbation delays period. Masturbation once in two weeks delays periods. please reply.
16 MAGICAL HEALING POWERS OF GARLIC:
1. Improves Heart Health: Garlic cleanses the arteries and veins, thins blood, prevents blot clots, and nourishes the arteries maintaining their ability to stretch, preventing fatal heart diseases like heart attacks and atherosclerosis.
2. Anti-Clotting: Garlic increases the production of nitric oxide in the blood, which helps dilate blood vessels and dissolve blood clots. The anti-clotting properties of ajoene, a sulphur containing compound found in garlic, help in preventing the formation of blood clots in the body.
3. Soothes Respiratory System: The distinctive overwhelming odor and taste in garlic comes from the Sulphur content, which accelerates the activities of mucous membranes in the upper respiratory tract, relieving compression and mucus. Its antibacterial phytochemical properties help in treating throat irritations and potent expectorant qualities help treat chronic bronchitis and asthma.
4. Anti-Bacterial: Garlic has a rich combination of vital nutrients like Vitamin C, B6, allicin, potassium, calcium, selenium, magnesium, and flavonoids, rendering it with antibacterial and antiviral properties. They help control bacterial, viral, fungal, yeast, worm infections, and bacteria like E. coli, Salmonella enteritidis, etc.
5. Diabetes: Garlic increases insulin release and regulates blood sugar levels in diabetics.
6. Cures Skin Ailments: Applying fat dissolving garlic extracts to corns on the feet and warts on the hands alleviates the pain and hastens the healing process. Its anti fungal properties help heal ringworm and athlete’s foot.
7. Anti-Cancer: Organosulfida contained in garlic helps the liver to process toxic chemicals, including cancer-causing chemical compounds, lowering risk of stomach and colon cancer. Diallyl sulphides found in garlic inhibit the transformation of heterocyclic amines into carcinogens, preventing breast cancer.
8. Lowers Cholesterol: Garlic has the ability to moderately lower our blood triglycerides, bad LDL cholesterol, and reduce arterial plaque formation.
9. Fights Allergies: Garlic anti-inflammatory property helps the body fight allergies. The anti-arthritic property of garlic is due to diallyl sulphide and thiacremonone which relieves allergic airway inflammation (allergic rhinitis), and itching due to rashes and bug bites.
10. Pain Relief: Garlic anti inflammatory property relieves joint pains especially arthritis.
11. Stabilizes Blood Pressure: Allicin in garlic blocks the activity of Angiotensin II, a protein that contracts blood vessels, helping reduce blood pressure. Red blood cells convert polysulphides into hydrogen sulphide gas which dilates our blood vessels and helps control blood pressure.
12. Relieves Toothache: Garlic also has analgesic properties, antibacterial and anesthetizing, which can help cure toothaches.
13. Treating Acne: Garlic has antibiotic properties and contains compounds that are useful to clean the blood. But not entirely using garlic only, but you have to do further treatment.
14. Improve Iron Metabolism: Diallyl sulphides in garlic increase iron metabolism by stimulating the production of Ferroportin, a protein which helps in iron absorption and release.
15. Aphrodisiac: Garlic thins the blood, dissolves blood clots, dilates the blood vessels and improves blood circulation, rejuvenating the sexual functions.
16. Assists in Weight Loss: The anti-inflammatory property of 1, 2-DT (1, 2-vinyldithiin) found in garlic may help inhibit conversion of Pre-adipocytes into fat cells (adipocytes), aiding weight loss.
This must always be under control. Over eating is just unnecessary fat for the body and insufficient eating will cause your metabolism to slow down.
In your mind you must have a certain goal which you want to attain drop 10 kg's, beach body, fat stomach, bigger biceps they're all part of your body goals.
Make sure your diet contains enough green leafy veggies, lean protein, carbohydrates and a certain amount of fat. Even the occasional dessert and cheat meal should be incorporated in your diet.
No matter how often you eat right, how many hours of sleep you get and whether or not you count calories, until and unless your exercise daily you'll never be able to have a totally healthy lifestyle.
The first step towards a long term healthy lifestyle is frequency. It takes 21 days to form a habit, after that it seems just natural. You need to be frequent and consistent to attain such long term goals.
It helps boost the metabolic rate, reduce the belly fat and can lower the risk of various diseases. Try to drink at least 3-5 cups of green tea every day. Plus its 0 calories, so what's the harm?
This one's the best way to eat healthy and avoid junk food. By cooking at home you know exactly what you're eating and you're well aware of what nutrients go into your mouth. Plus it's the easiest way to maintain a balanced diet (since the balance is in your hands now)!
You need inspiration to maintain long term success. It could be from apparent weight loss, from reading a book about healthy living or even by watching someone maintain a healthy lifestyle. This can't be done by mindlessly following some diet!
Sometimes envying others might help you get the best results. When you envy someone for their clean eating habits or perfect body, you will probably want to achieve that yourself - which will be your biggest motivator for long term success.
You will literally wake up one day and decide you want to start living a healthy lifestyle! it's time to kick start everyday towards making these healthy changes.
Losing weight safely:
Who doesn't want to shed 5 kgs in a month? but you can't do this by starving yourself or going on a detox where you just eat fruits and drink water! that's totally unhealthy. It is essential to let your weight loss journey take its time, so that you have long lasting results.
Mental and physical health goes hand in hand. It is important that you focus on strengthening your mind as well, not only you body. Falls in metal health will eventually affect your physical health as well!
From carbs to protein to minerals, each and every nutrient is essential for maintaining a healthy diet as well as to perform normal bodily functions. Eating everything in the right proportion will promote a long lasting healthy lifestyle.
Observe what changes you are making, divide them into healthy and unhealthy changes and then continue with only the healthy changes. Your observation skills will help you get rid of the unnecessary and unhealthy changes instantly.
You need to promise yourself you're going to stick to this new lifestyle no matter how hard it gets! promise yourself to eat healthier every day, to exercise a little more everyday and definitely promise yourself to stay away from the unhealthy goodies!
It's important to quit the bad habits! binge drinking, smoking, stress eating and all these others habits aren't going to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Raw foods are the best form of food you can get! they help prevent diseases, give your body a lot of energy and contain essential vitamins and minerals.
Sleeping for 6-8 hours every night is a requirement for proper body function! it's the time your body needs to recuperate, repair your muscles and even improves your mood. Exercise and good eating are useless without sufficient sleep.
Tips like these will really help and motivate your to manage a long term successful healthy lifestyle. Take tips from experts, from dietitians and even from people you look up to for inspiration you never know which trip does the trick.
You need to understand what your body needs, how much weight you need to gain/lose to be fit (not skinny, not thin- but fit) and how often you should exercise. It is important to understand nutritional facts on packaged items and what goes into your body. Understanding is essential for better results!
Yes lean protein and meats are important, but you can't have a balanced diet unless you're eating enough green leafy vegetables. Incorporate them in every meal!
Weight cannot be defined as per your weighing scale or bmi. Your focus cannot be how can I lose weight you need to focus on how you can continue with your healthy lifestyle.
Go for extreme activity classes like zumba, cross fit, army circuit training, power yoga and other such high intensity activities! it's a good change from your usual workout and will probably have more effective results.
From increased flexibility to increased strength, from meditating to improving bone health; yoga has all round benefits which are only going to improve your lifestyle.
Zero dieting policy:
You cannot diet (and I mean not eating at all) to lose weight and look thin. Starving and minimal eating doesn't help you to maintain a long term healthy lifestyle. Your diet must be full of rich foods.
In case of any diet/nutrition related query or to book an appointment with dt. Silky mahajan please send us a mail at info@foodsandnutrition. In or call on 08067417780 (dial extension: 778)
I am getting married in next week and we don't want to have kids immediately. The problem is I don't want to use condoms and we are little bit scared to use pills because it may leads to side effects. Can you please let us know what are the other options available and if we need to use pills which one will be good.
Yes I take ipill after sex. and last month two times period was. 3 march to 6 march n then 26march to 27 march.please help
I am 40 years old and I am having adenomyosis and used to have heavy bleeding every month so I been told to take primolut n for 21 days and darilong 7.5 after stopping after two days I got my periods but first day was only blood clots in urine second day was very little but I am getting severe headache and leg thighs and back paining please guide.
Dear sir/Mem, My wife is pregnant and complete 5 months. I want to ask that I what we can do for development of baby more effectively to make baby strong and sharp mind and for good health of mother and baby. Please suggest. What books to read and what to eat or what things to do.
I am 26 year old female. Married since 2 years but after marriage I started to have irregular periods of 40 days before that I had 28 days of regular periods. Now it has worsen coz my periods are late my 90 days hell me.
Hello Doctor, I am married from since 1 yr, we are unable to have intercourse as my vaginal hole is small and my husbands penis is bit bigger. How to overcome this problem. Kindly advice
Doctor I am seventeen year old. Actually sometime in a week I have burning and pain which last for 2-4 minutes just down the breast but not in breast and cause severe pain. I am taking the migraine medicines. Please pinpoint the problem with me. Thanks.
Me din bhar patli ho ja rh hn. Bht weak feel kr rhi hun. Sar m bhi dard hota h thoda thoda. Me apna weight badhana chahti hn. Apna health thik krna chahti hun. I want Ayurveda toning ya power. Which have no side effect.
I am 35 years old. I am unmarried. Last few months my periods r delayed. Now 2 months away but my periods r nt come. Tell me wt is the reason & wt should I do.
Here are the 4 reasons as to why you need to make watermelon your companion this season:
1) A well of water - With around 92% of water trapped in that green melon ball, one can never be thirsty or dehydrated when consuming watermelon. It is a perfect source of hydration. Watermelon is full of good electrolytes, and these electrolytes can help you prevent heat strokes in summers.
2) An all-rounder - Watermelon is a hydrator, a fruit and a vegetable. Yes, you read that right. Watermelon is a fruit as well as a vegetable. It can be traced back to the cucumber family known as Cucurbitaceae. Not to forget the rind, this can be consumed as well.
3) The Multi-tasking Rind - Don’t we love a multi-tasker? Well, the watermelon rind is one of them. The watermelon rind contains citrulline which makes arginine, an amino acid, which is responsible for making proteins which lead to relaxation of blood vessels. The citrulline also leads to less muscle fatigue which therefore allows you to extend your workout sessions. And with only 1.8 calories in 1 inch cube of watermelon rind, it is a must to make some place for it, in your diet or daily meals.
4. The fertility seeds - Watermelon seeds contain more lycopene than raw tomatoes. This matters because lycopene acts as an antioxidant which stops the free radicals from making any damage to cells and immune system. Lycopene is not only good for your face but also helps in improving male fertility.
Take Away - Who says, money cannot buy health? You can buy a watermelon! So, when are you buying health? And making it your companion this season!
If you have any further questions on Ayurveda, click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.