Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Devaki KarunakaranYour feedback matters!
STD or sexually transmitted disease is usually an infection which spreads from one person to another during sexual contact. Some STDs can also be transferred through touch, since they spread by skin contact.
Best preventive measures for preventing STDs:
- Keeping intimate areas clean: Do not ever forget to wash your genitals after or before making intercourse with your partner and this is needed for preventing sexual diseases. Sometimes, excessive lubrication during sexual intercourse brings infectious diseases and thus, your genitals get exposed to sexual diseases.
- Avoid multiple sex partners: Both the sex partners should be loyal to each other and should not make sex with multiple partners as that will invite STDs. Having sex with more than one partner can be quite dangerous as a result of which your genital organs get infected and this infection later on turns into serious sexual diseases that cannot be easily treated.
- Using latex condoms: Latex condoms need to be used during sex every time, and these condoms are the safest of all condom varieties available in the market. Both pregnancy and STDs can be easily and efficiently prevented by means of these condoms, and this is the reason everybody is using the same. But you should have the knowledge of correct usage of these condoms.
- Stop sharing items: Sharing undergarments or towels with your friends or close mates can be very much dangerous as you might develop STDs. Even if you have allowed somebody using these personal items of yours, you have to wash them carefully before using the same.
- Avoiding unhealthy lifestyle: If you are exposed to excessive smoking, drugs and alcohol, then you might develop different kinds of STDs. Therefore, you are highly recommended to lead a completely healthy lifestyle so that a healthy sexual life can be enjoyed. You will never be able to have safe sex if you are so very addicted to alcohol, smoking and drugs.
My wife always feel pain while having sex and also she has no orgasm. She also has no desire or urge to sex. What will be the possible reason?
Top reasons for irregular menses
? Significant amount of weight gain or loss,
? Eating disorders
? Hormonal imbalance
? IBS (Irritable bowel syndrome)
? PCOS (Polycystic ovarian syndrome)
? Recent child birth
? TB (Tuberculosis)
Top home remedies for Irregular periods
You must be hearing about variety of complications related to menstrual problems in ladies with the age ranging from 14 years till 50. Irregular periods can be due to variety of reasons starting from hormonal disorder, food adulteration, life style changes or that of medications. If you are suffering from irregular periods, this will be ideally known as oligomenorrhea. Some girls and women gets periods irregularly after 2 months or 3 months that is very unusual and harmful for a woman?s body. According to the experts, normal healthy lady gets menstrual range within 21 to 35 days. It will be quite usual if women have 11 to 13 periods in a year. But, anything less than this can be abnormal. In order to stay away from irregular period, some home remedies will be effective.
Irregular or delayed periods, this health condition is medically termed as oligomenorrhea. It is one of the most common problems that a number of women suffer from. Pain or twinges in the breast and heaviness in the lower abdomen, bouts of nausea, lethargic feel round the clock are some of the main problems women face as a result of irregular menstruation. There can be a number of reasons that may cause periods delayed. However, the specific reason of irregular periods differs from one woman to the other.
Home Treatments for Irregular periods
banyan tree roots
Take the roots of a banyan tree. Make sure they are fresh. Boil it in a cup of water for about 10 minutes. Add 2-3 tbsp of cow?s milk to this decoction and have it at bedtime daily. This potion can also help you regularize your menstrual cycle to a great extent.
Fennel seeds or saunf can also help you regulate your monthly periods. In order to have them, you need to mix 2 tbsp of fennel seeds in 1 glass water and let it stay overnight. Strain the water using a muslin cloth or strainer and drink it. Make sure to have this potion daily for positive results.
Grapes are also considered useful for regularising irregular periods. Drinking grape-juice on daily basis can help you a great deal. Apart from that, you can also eat raw grapes and make it a part of your diet. This will help you in the long run. However, excessive consumption of grapes is not good. It can cause loose motions
Hi doctors. If my girlfriends normal mens date is 16th Of every month she has a 30 day cycle right? She consumed a I pill on 23rd of August And then had withdrawal bleeding on the 29th of August that lasted for 2 days. The blood was more then spotting and less then a normal period and Dark in colour. Then on the 8th of September she had bleeding for 4 days. This bleeding was like a normal period. The blood was dark at the start and lightened as it went on for 4 days. She also had cramps like normal period and flow also was the same as a normal period. So now it's the 7th of October and she has been getting pimples on her face and cramps too. Will she get her periods on the 8th or 16th? Or is she pregnant? She has shown no signs so far of pregnancy. Please help me.
Dear Mam/sir I have been married for since 4 months ago I'm not getting pregnant and I have been checked the upt kit it shown negative what's the reason.
My wife is not getting pregnant after long time he suffers a operation and her one side fallopian tube were cut by doctor bcz of baby in nus.
Hi, I want to ask question about my pregnant wife. She is pregnant 5th month is running. Can we have sex during Pregnancy.
One side ovary is present and on that side fallopian tube is not there or abnormal and other side ovary is not present and fallopian tube is proper or present. Can such a woman get pregnant?
Am 29 weeks of pregnant and sunday morning I ve accidentally fallen down, a small scratch on my knees which s not visible also, today feeling a little pain in knees while walking, will this cause any prob. I will meet my doctor it by tomo, please help.
I am suffering from a white discharge in a creamy form. Which start after 8-9 days after my periods than to nxt period time.
Hello doctor I am 24 year old and want to ask something. I am trying to conceive and I need to ask some basic things. 1. After intercourse semen comes out of vagina is it normal? 2. After intercourse after how much time I can get up and go to washroom and do cleaning. Thanks.
1. The nuts are rich source of energy and contain health benefiting nutrients, minerals, antioxidants and vitamins that are essential for optimum health.
2. They are rich in monounsaturated fatty acids like oleic acid and an excellent source of all important omega-3 essential fatty acids. Intake of walnuts in the diet helps to lower total as well as ldl or bad cholesterol and increases hdl or good cholesterol levels in the blood.
3. N-3 fatty acids by their virtue of anti-inflammatory action help to lower the risk of blood pressure, coronary artery disease, strokes and breast, colon and prostate cancers.
4. These nuts are packed with many important b-complex groups of vitamins such as riboflavin, niacin, thiamin, vitamin b-6, and folates.
5. They are an excellent source of vitamin e. Vitamin e is a powerful lipid soluble antioxidant, required for maintaining the integrity of cell membrane of mucus membranes and skin by protecting it from harmful oxygen-free radicals.
Lifestyle is the Key:
- Eat well
- Sleep well
- Exercise/ walk
- Be nice- to yourself and people around you
These interventions alone can help people with migraines, insomnia, certain patients with anxiety/ depression, memory issues; help prevent strokes, heart attacks, diabetes, hypertension; improve control of seizures, if you have epilepsy; improve tremors with parkinson's; help patients with multiple sclerosis, and reduce the economic burden of healthcare, amongst other things.
I had intercourse with my boyfriend. I am 18 yrs old. The first day it was for 15 seconds and the second day only for 30seconds. 1st day it started bleeding and there was pain in stomach but I took unwanted 72 pill the second day only. Is there still chance to get pregnant?
7th month pregnant, In sonography they mentioned: Fetal heart small outlet vds with overriding of aorta and cooperative small pulmonary vein seen No obvious stenosis seen involving pulmonary vein. Abnormal three vessels view seen with aorta placed anterior to pulmonary vein. These finding suggest possibility of tetralogy of fluids is likely. What should I do please tell me.
Does i-pill really works? Is it 100% safe to have i-pill after intercourse? Does it prevents pregnancy? Within what time is should be taken?
We have seen that many people complain of having trouble after taking particular fruits, it's just because they take something else with fruits which make them feel uncomfortable.