Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Devaki KarunakaranYour feedback matters!
Hllo doctor from last two months my periods not coming. And. Before some months it's not comes properly. I'm too much worried about Tell me plzz. My age is complete 20 yr. Birt is 1995. Plzz tell me some solution. Plzzz.
Eating right kind of food can make your irritable menstruation days easier. It also helps in reducing stress level, cramps and managing mood swings.
Here’s how you must mind your food.
1. Dairy products and red meat: Dairy products like cheese, yoghurt and milk and red meat contain arachidonic acids which elevate cramps during your periods.
2. Fats, Trans fat and fried food: High intake of fatty, trans fatty and fried food leads to bloating and breast tenderness and increased estrogen levels which causes cramps. It’s better not to consume fats for few days.
3. Processed food and salt: Processed food contains lot of sodium. It should be avoided as it causes bloating and heavy feeling which makes the pain all the more unbearable.
4. Sugar-rich food: Sugar no doubt gives instant energy but taking excessive sugar during these days can bring fluctuation in blood sugar levels which results in stress and mood swings.
5. Alcohol: It’s important to stop taking alcohol during menstruation. But if you happen to drink at all, try to balance it out by drinking a lot of water.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
My pregnancy test is negative I'm still waiting for the periods till date I completed 46 days. Am I pregnant or not?
My doctor suggest to take ccq 100 mg 2 to 6 days. Meprate 18 to 27 10 mg one tablet per day. Am trying to get pregnant for 1 year. My periods regular. 28 days. Now am 31 day. When to take pregnancy test? Am I pregnant?
Indigestion is a term used to describe a feeling of fullness or discomfort during or after a meal. It can be accompanied by burning or pain in the upper stomach.
Home remedies for indigestion
1. Mix equal part of ginger juice (adrak ka rass) with lemon juice (nimbu ka rass) and add some rock salt (sendha namak, khanij namak) and take it before meals.
2. Take 2-3 gm of dried ginger powder with lukewarm water.
3. Take carrot juice.
4. Take 1 tsp. Of peppermint oil three times a day between meals.
5. Chew and swallow a spoonful of fennel or caraway seeds stop indigestion.
6. Roast, grind and sieve fennel seeds. Take half a teaspoon of this powder along with water twice daily.
7. Take 10 gm of old jaggery (gudha) with a pinch of long pepper (piplamul, lindi pepper, piplamool) powder
8. Mix 3 gm of ajowan (ajwain) powder with 3 gm of dried ginger powder and take it one hour before meals.
It is possible to get pregnant with using myo-inositol D-chiro-inositol Chromium and vitamin d3 capsules? please advice me.
I want to know about complete details of menstrual cycle. What is 1st day means. When does bleeding happens. When to have safe sex.
Heath tip - Neuropathy
Neuropathy is a condition where high levels of glucose in the blood can lead to nerve damage and poor circulation. When circulation gets affected blood doesn't move around the body as well as it should. Cuts and grazes will not heal easily and the person may experience pain and and cramps in the legs. And it might develop as atherosclerosis an inflammatory disease that causes thickening of the blood vessels neuropathy is of three types they are
A. Sensory neuropathy which affects the nerves carrying information around the body from the bones skin and muscles to the brain.
B. Motor neuropathy which damages the nerves that send information about movement
C. Autonomic neuropathy which affects functions that happen automatically such as sweating and can lead to dry skin by way of reduced moisture
HOW HEALTHY IS YOUR LIFESTYLE?
CHANGING TO A HEALTHIER lifestyle will improve your chances of living longer and enhance your quality of life. To find out exactly how healthy your current lifestyle choices about diet, exercise, alcohol, smoking, and stress.
Identify those aspects of your life that you want to change, then set yourself realistic targets to help boost your future health and wellbeing. To help your achieve your personal targets, turn to the pages listed where more detailed information and advices on that particular issue is provided.
ARE YOU EATING A HEALTHY DIET?
- Do you eat a lot of processed, convenience foods?
- Do you treat yourself to sweet snacks such as chocolate or cookies?.
- Do you skip meals?
- Do you eat late-night snacks?
- Do you go on diets, then gain the weight back in a few weeks?
- Do you usually choose white bread and pasta instead of the whole wheat varieties?
- Do you eat in restaurants more than three times a week?
- Do you need to take mutrient supplements?
- Do you often eat on the run?
Lastly Opt Homoeopathy for your family health......
Future Scope Of Homoeopathy
It will be the second most sought after system , second to allopathy.
- After superb conquest of bacterial infection by antibiotics , in future viral infections will rule and homeopathy is best with viral infections.
- With increasing medicinal costs , for poor it will be the only option left.
- Increase in stress and psychiatric diseases and allergic diseases , it will be an ideal choice.
- In prevention of diseases , it will be used more. It will be a drug of choice in veterinary field.
- Agriculture and fertilizers will use it more .And so on.
- Pregnancy with jaundice has high risk . Hom served well.
- Threatened abortion has best treatment success rate in homoeopathy.
- PCOD has excellent results.
- Homeopathy has helped secondary infertility in high numbers.
Pediatrics and Homeopathy
- Mumps / chickenpox / measles / URI / acute tonsillitis / malnutrition / teething / diarrhea / infective hepatitis / primary complex – Homeopathy is better than Allopathy.
- Height problems.
- Autism / dyslexia / cerebral palsy – Homeopathy is the only answer.
- Delayed speech / delayed milestones
- Homeopathy helps Injuries / fractures / muscle or tendon injury / sprains / rheumatoid arthritis.
- Osteoporosis and stress fractures Homoeopathy is the best.
- Sciatica and cervical spondylosis & spondylitis –Homoeopathy gives wonderful results.
Wonderful results in conjunctivitis ,glaucoma ,recurrent stye or hordeolum. etc
Allergic rhinitis ,recurrent tonsillitis ,pharyngitis, epistaxis,adenoiditis,chronic discharge from ear, pain in ear ,sinusitis ,nasal polyp,laryngitis and many more problems.
Homoeopathy and female problems
“Homoeopathy helps with the entire gamut of women’s problems.” This includes menstrual disorders,infertility, and pregnancy complaints to menopausal hot flushes,night sweats, headaches,fatigue,anxiety and depression . Homoeopathy can enhance pre-pregnancy health, improve chances of conception,reduce morning sickness,remove post-partum bruising of mother and newborn, smoother breast feeding problems and relieve postnatal depression.”
Homoeopathy can reduce labour and birth complications. Women when given homoeopathy during their 9th month experienced a shorter labour and less complications than other.
Homoeopathy Homoeopathy gives wonderful results in migraine, cluster headache, epilepsy, brain trauma, hemiplegia, paraplegia , quadriplegia, prosopalgia, trigeminal neuralgia and many more diseases.
Cognitive and Behavioral Disorders
- Delirium ,Dementia
- Psychosis – Schizophrenia ,Mania , Depression , Compulsive neurosis
- Personality disorders
- Neurosis – Anxiety , Hysteria
- Anxiety Disorders ,Phobic anxiety disorders
- Agoraphobia ,Social phobias ,Specific phobias
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Panic disorders
Corporate Lifestyle: Stress, Anxiety, Health Problems like hypertension, diabetes, insomnia and many more…..Homeopathy Does Help.
Hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism , diabetes and adrenal problems.
DO YOU EXERCISE ENOUGH?
- Can you climb three flights of stairs without becoming breathless and exhausted?
- Do you sometimes walk or cycle instead of driving or talking the bus or train?
- Do you exercise three times a week?
- When exercising do you always warm up properly?
- Do you wear all the necessary safety equipment when exercising or playing a sport?
If you answered No to the first there questions, you are out of shape. To keep fit, you should exercise vigorously for 20 minutes, three times a week . it is easy to start. Answering No to the last two questions means you are not exercising safely and could injure yourself. Learn to exercise safely.
ARE YOU ABUSING YOUR BODY?
- Do you smoke cigarettes?
- Do you smoke cigars or a pipe?
- Have you tried to stop smoking and failed?
- Do you regularly drink more than the recommended limits for alcohol intake?
- Do you drink when you are alone?
- Do you have trouble remembering what happened the night before when you have been out drinking?
If you answered YES to the first two questions you should stop smoking. If your answered YES to any of the last three questions, you need to cut down on your drinking.
ARE U UNDER STRESS?
- Do you feel that your never have enough time to do all the things you have to do?
- Is your home life a source of stress and conflict?
- Is your job highly stressful?
- Do you worry all the time?
- Do you find it hard to relax?
- Do you have trouble falling asleep at night?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, you may not be dealing with stress very well. Find out how to cope with stress better, see if you have any of the early signs of too much stress, discover how stress can make you ill, and learn what to do if stress is making you anxious or depressed.
Sir I am a sugar patient yesterday I noticed a small blood clot comming out of my penis. Normally while passing urine there is a irritation as is there is a wound inside. Kindly suggest my sugar level is 230 after morning breakfast. Before it is 140 to 150.
Brown vaginal discharge. Very little. A bit of pain in legs, thighs. And near pubic regions. Is that sign of pregnancy? Please tell me.
Actually I want to raise my wife sex expectations to just have some fun with me. She is boring types and so just suggest me pill for that she will have that hormone increased.
Hello doc. I am 20 years old. I got my first Period when I was 12 years old. Since then my periods are always regular having interval of 28-34 days, but from last two months I am not getting my periods properly. Last month I got my period in 47 days interval on date 4 October. Till now I have not got my period. I am also engaged in intimate activities from last 2 years with my boyfriend. Also I am having fat deposits in my tummy, thighs and arms. What should I do to keep my periods regular? Pls help me.
I got some rashes on penis head which got converted into wounds.What is this and what is the treatment.
Individuals who stood for an extra two hours daily had about 2% lower blood glucose levels and 11% lower average triglycerides, compared to those who spent more time sitting. More time spent standing rather than sitting could improve your blood sugar, fats in the blood and cholesterol levels, while replacing time spent sitting with time walking could have additional benefits for your waistline and body mass index.
Why and how c-section is better than normal delivery for women?
Pregnant women can opt for one of the two ways to deliver their babies: they can either have a normal/vaginal delivery or a surgical delivery by having a c-section. In many cases, the choice of having a c-section is planned due to certain medical reasons that make having a normal delivery risky. A pregnant female may know in advance that she will require a c-section and can schedule it as she may be carrying twins or multiple babies, or she may be suffering from a medical condition such as high blood pressure or diabetes, an infection such as hiv or herpes that may complicate pregnancy or there may be placental problems during pregnancy.
A c-section also becomes a necessity in situations such as where the mother has a small pelvis and the baby is very large or when the baby is in heads up position and efforts to turn the position of the baby before delivery have not been successful.
In some cases the decision to do a c-section is unplanned and taken by the obstetrician due to certain emergency reasons such as problems during pregnancy or if the labour is happening too slowly or if the baby is not receiving enough oxygen.
Some of the c-sections are considered to be elective and may be requested by the female for reasons that are non-medical before she goes into labour. A female may choose to get a c-section if she wants to plan her delivery or if she had a vaginal delivery that was complicated previously.
Why c-section is better than normal delivery for women?
During a normal delivery, there is a higher risk that the tissues and skin around the vagina stretch and tear when the baby passes through the birth canal. If this stretching and tearing is severe, it may require stitches. This may ultimately lead to weakness or injury to the muscles of the pelvis that control bowel and urine function.
According to some studies, it has been found that females who have had normal/vaginal deliveries are more prone to develop urinary or bowel incontinence (leakage of urine and stool respectively) than females who have had c-sections. They are also more at risk of developing leakage of urine during sneezing, coughing or laughing.
After a normal delivery, a female may also develop a lingering or continuous pain in the perineum-the region between the vagina and anus.
According to a study published in the new england journal of medicine, the rates of bleeding into the brain of the baby was higher during vacuum extraction and forceps delivery (two methods of using assistive devices during normal deliver) than during c-section.
1. Wash and iron your clothes regularly, especially the undergarments. Ironing your clothes kills the left out fungus too. Thus the risk of reinfection is completely eliminated.
2. Avoid wearing tight clothes. Sweat and dampness create ideal environment for the growth of fungus.
3. Never share clothes with anyone as fungus can pass from one person to other.