Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Devaki KarunakaranYour feedback matters!
How to loose my weight after pregnancy and even tummy please guide me also my hairs r getting white what should I use?
The smell of your body acts the same as a natural aphrodisiac, and it can entice your partner for immediate sex. However, if the same pleasing smell is converted into a bad odor then your sexual life with your partner would become a little objectionable. It is very imperative that we take care of personal hygiene as regards essential parts of our body to guarantee a happy as well as healthy sex life. Care should be taken that we do not mess up with cleanliness issues and to achieve a healthier comfort zone and follow a few essential tips related to personal hygiene.
General Health Tips to Be Followed:
- The first and foremost hygiene tip that must be followed to avoid bad smell is to take a shower. It would make you feel fresh and provide better energy to perform the sexual act.
- It is very essential for couples who want to enjoy oral sex to wash their sexual organs properly. If the sexual organs are not washed properly your partner would be reluctant in giving you oral pleasure. Hence, proper a cleanup is a must and this must be done before and after having sex, which is obligatory even for your personal health.
- In the course of sexual acts, partners often tend to touch the body parts of their partner and if the body parts are hairy, then that too can put your partner off. It is therefore, necessary that all the brittle hair is shaved off properly, and it should be trimmed neatly. The body hair can make it uneasy for you to enjoy sex with your partner.
- The most important hygiene tip that needs to be followed is to keep your hands and nails clean. If the hands or nails are dirty, they are likely to carry harmful microbes in them and that possibly will irritate your partner as well. To feel nice and enjoy sex in a better way it is always better that body parts are cleaned properly.
- Discomfort in sex is also caused when your mouth stinks due to eating something, and your partner would feel reluctant to kiss. It is therefore, best that you brush your teeth before going to bed. The other way you can get rid of the smell is taking some mouth freshener or chewing a mint. It would help in attaining pleasant smell in your mouth.
These hygiene tips must be followed to enjoy romantic moments in your life. Moreover, it is always good to stay clean and maintain personal hygiene.
Hi Doctor, I am 26 years old, married female. It is about 3 month of my marriage and we do not have sex properly because I can not bear the pain. What should I do? I mean for food or anything else.
Esophagectomy is a procedure of removing a part of the esophagus and reconstructing the same using another organ of the body. The esophagus is the tube that connects the stomach and the mouth. This procedure is often performed in an advanced stage of esophageal cancer and Barrett’s esophagus. This procedure removes the cancer cells from the esophagus and gives relief from the symptoms. The organs from where the reconstructing tissues are taken are generally large intestine and stomach.
Many esophagectomy surgeries are performed with minimally invasive techniques. The latter is commonly known as laparoscopic surgery. This is a procedure where numerous small incisions are made in order to perform the surgery. This procedure results in faster recovery and reduced pain as compared to the conventional surgery.
Newer methods such as Robotic surgery are being adopted by many doctors these days. Procedures like these can access the esophagus through places such as the throat, collarbone and abdomen. They make a minute incision to get to the exact location of the cancer and treat them with an improved precision, unlike the conventional surgical methods.
An important aspect of treating this condition is to determine the procedure that is going to be implemented. To determine this, doctors uses imaging techniques such as PET scan, CT scan and an MRI scan. A doctor might also prescribe other tests such as FNAC and endoscopic ultrasound. Heart evaluations are also conducted before the surgery to ensure that there are no complications involved while performing the surgery.
Unless the cancer is detected at a very early stage, most doctors recommend radiation or chemotherapy or both. These treatments help to shrink the size of the cancer and make for an effective esophagectomy. Both chemotherapy and radiation have their set of side effects, which include loss of appetite, fatigue, hair loss, vomiting and skin discolouration.
Post the procedure, a patient cannot directly consume food. He is required to consume food through a pipe for a duration of four-six weeks. Adequate nutrition is required during this phase to recover quickly. Once the patient is able to resume a normal diet, it should be ensured that he takes food in reduced quantities to make up for the reduced stomach size.
Almost 90% of patients who have gone through this procedure report an improved life quality. While lifestyle related adjustments have to be made, there could be regular follow-ups to ensure the below mentioned complications do not arise:
1. Breathing-related problems
2. Swallowing problem
3. Effectively managing heartburn and ensuring the pain is under control
4. A thorough review of the nutritional diet to be consumed by the patient to counter sudden weight loss. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a oncologist and ask a free question.
Mam there 3 years marriage but there are no child. All checkup all tested completed. Time to time period done all are normal but there are no result. What is the reason ? My self.
I am married, and now I am pregnant for last one month, but I don't want to get baby this time, its too early, so what should I do to drop this?
I have a problem of hairfall from last 4 to 5 years and before that I had thick and long hairs but I have problem of luceria a white fuild discharge from my vaginal part is that reason for this? Or its cause of some hormonal disbalance. please suggest.
HPV or human papillomavirus is a strain of viral infection that is usually passed through skin to skin contact. There are many varieties of HPV although the main focus is one the ones, which are usually transmitted through sexual contact. Most sexually active people are infected by this disease although very few develop the full fledged symptoms.
Symptoms of HPV: Primary symptoms of HPV are the growth of warts on your body in various stages or in various areas. Some of them are:
- Typical common warts: The easiest way to spot an HPV infection is the development of common warts on any parts of the body. They could appear on elbows, hands, feet and fingers. These look like bumps on the skin and although they aren't usually are painful and itchy, but are unsightly.
- Flat warts: Flat warts tend to be small smooth bumps, which are slightly raised skin lesions on the body which can be a little darker in colour. Men usually get this in the beard and face area while women tend to get this on their legs.
- Plantar warts: These warts usually grow on the heels or the balls of the feet and are hard grainy growths. These can be painful and even cause discomfort while walking.
- Genital warts: This is one of the most obvious and most common symptoms of HPV, especially in the variety, which is transmitted through sexual contact. These usually look like small bumps or protrusions on the skin and can be of different shapes. Women can have this on the vulva, vagina or even cervix and men can have this on the penis, scrotum, and adjacent areas. Both men and women can have this on their anus as well.
Causes of HPV: The primary cause of HPV infection is the intrusion of the virus in your skin through small cuts or abrasions on your skin. Skin to skin contact with an infected person will transfer this. However, genital warts are usually transferred from skin to during sexual contact. Even oral sex can transmit HPV and cause lesions in the upper respiratory tract and cause breathing problems as well. Most warts can also be transferred with the contact or touching the wart directly and thus should be avoided.
I am a married lady. I want to conceive. But at the time of intercourse I felt all the sperms came out from the vagina. Is it a problem for conceiving. Kindly suggest me.
Hi Doc. I am newly married I have tried intercourse with my wife from 5 days but I couldn't intercourse because she feeling very pain. How can I solve this problem? Doc please suggest me.
Hi, I am 31 weeks pregnant and I have used susten 200 mg tablet till from 3rd month and my doctor suggested to take this tablet till 32 weeks of pregnancy. Is it safe to take this tablet longterm .i am worrying about me and my baby. Is there anny side effects from this. Please let me know this. Thanks.
Hi im 18 years female me and my boyfriend were naked on bed and our genitals were touching each other and he finished on my inner thighs and wiped soon after it. My hymens are intact because im a virgin. And we did not have intercourse. Will I get pregnant?
I had unprotected sex with my wife. After that she had taken i pill. She has periods problem. After 2 or 3 months periods come once. What are the chances of pregnancy.
Thanks but when I should go for doc check up today is my first day of last month n today I check with pregnancy kit.
My friends age 30 married life 4 years she suffered poor egg released .amh hormone level 0.19 .fertility centers drs advice will go for ivf. What is solution of amh level hormone increase. Past I'll ness irregular periods. 3 months pregnant abortion.
For some women, a period can be more than just uncomfortable. There are a number of menstrual problems that could affect women. These range from irregular periods to excessive bleeding and premenstrual syndrome. The good news is that homeopathy can be used to effectively treat these problems. Homeopathy is a holistic form of treatment that addresses the root cause of the problem instead of the symptoms. Additionally, it has negligible side effects.
Here are a few homeopathic forms of treatment for menstrual problems:
- Sepia: Sepia can be used to treat late menstruation as well as scanty blood flow. It is also helpful is the period is accompanied by pain and a sense of weight in the pelvic area and lower back. This can also be used to treat irritability and depression.
- Pulsatilla: Pulsatilla is helpful in cases where menstrual bleeding causes substantial weight fluctuations, bloating and water retention. It can also be used to treat irregular periods and scanty or excess blood flow. Pulsatilla is also used as a form of treatment for the severe griping pains that can accompany menstrual flow.
- Cimicifuga: This is used to treat irregular periods and painful periods. It also treats mental unrest, nervousness and irritability triggered by menstruation.
- Lycopodium: In some cases, delayed menses can last longer than normal and have an abnormally heavy blood flow. In such cases, lycopodium is an effective homeopathic remedy.
- Belladonna: Excessive menstrual bleeding and early menses can be treated with belladonna. This type of menses is also accompanied by intense pain that is relieved by standing and cramps in the back and arms. Belladonna is also extremely useful in acute cases of endometriosis and inflammation of the ovaries.
- Creosote: Excessive blood flow that is intermittent and preceded by abdominal bloating can be treated using Creosote. This blood flow is usually dark brown in colour and accompanied by an offensive odor. Creosote can also be used against ulcerations in the female genital organs, burning pain and soreness.
- Helonias: Pain extending from the back of the uterus and loss of muscle strength in the genital organs can be treated with helonias. It can also be used to treat leucorrhoea or dark, offensive vaginal discharge as well as displacement of the uterus.
When prescribing medication for a menstrual problem, a homeopathic doctor not only looks at the symptoms presented but also the personality and lifestyle of the patient. Hence what suits one person may not have the same effect on another. Hence, if you are facing a menstrual problem, it is best to consult a doctor at the earliest.