Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
What is the health benefit of Brahmi? Does it leave any negative impact on heart rate or pulse rate? What is it's proper dose?
I suffering from dry cough for the last one week and I have chest pain when I cough hard please suggest me medicine.
I am 46 years old. I am using BP tablet since last 2 years. First I used telma am h40 now I m using cresar 40. My bp is about 130 90. Should I continue this tablet. I have no any problem. Kindly suggest. Thanks.
My mom has bp for long 7 years how can she make in control. Give some tips to make in control and food behaviors for that.
My wife gave birth to twins baby girls on 2nd April 2016. My first baby is ok but 2nd baby is week and having wt. Of 1.5 kg at birth. She was suffering from Heart Problem named as" Tiny PDA of 2 mm with left to right shunt" At present she is in hospital and PDA increased to 4 mm. Kindly suggest what to do. Doctor said she needs a surgery to close this gap. Kindly suggest me whether it is dangerous or is there any medicine by which that gap can be filled and what is the effect of this on future life.
Atorlip-f tablet is prescribed for me to maintain lipid level. Control chlostral. But another doctor wants to stop the dosage completely for three months since my lipids are andar control now is it ok to stop the medicine for 3 months? What are the side effects of atorlip-f .i don't have any heart problem .
I am 61yrs old male, diabetic. My recent report for Microalbumin (ist morning urine) is 70, 58, Glucose fasting 79, pp 250, creatinine serum 1.06, lipid profile serum Triglycerides 220 HDL CHOLESTROL 33 LDL 76 VLDL 44 NON CHOLESTEROL 120HbA1c 7.6 want advise how to control and best suitBLE MEDICATION.
Heart of my mother is enlarged and blood pressure is high. Kindly suggest medicines for that and are these symptoms of any big disease? Can taking medicines for high blood pressure have side effects like piles, ulcer in throat and urine infection.
I am facing problems due to chest pain. I suffer from cholesterol increase. Please suggest me what should I do to reduce extra fat?
I am suffering from head ache from last three months and also have a chest pain. Can you suggest what are the measure taken to cure it.
High blood pressure is a condition which occurs when the pressure of the blood flow through the arteries increases, resulting in intense pressure. Hypertension occurs when the systolic pressure (pressure at which the heart pumps blood) and the diastolic pressure (pressure at which the heart relaxes) is more than 140 and 90 respectively.
Symptoms of high blood pressure are:
- Shortness of breath: If you have high blood pressure, then you may experience regular shortness of breath.
- Headaches: You may experience headaches on a regular basis.
- Weakness of the heart muscles: Hypertension results in a weak heart which may not be able to pump blood properly.
- Narrowing of blood vessels: Narrowing of blood vessels may lead to other complications such as failure of the kidneys, heart, and brain.
- Vision problems: It may lead to vision problems as blood vessels in the eye may be affected.
The various causes of blood pressure are:
- Tobacco: If you smoke on a regular basis, you put yourself at an increased risk of getting affected by blood pressure.
- Lifestyle: Not exercising regularly, eating a sodium-rich diet are all factors which can increase the chances of hypertension.
- Age: The chances of getting affected by hypertension increase as you age.
- Weight: Being excessively obese also increases your risk of getting affected by hypertension.
- Diabetes: Being diabetic makes you more prone to getting affected by diabetes.
- Hyperthyroidism: If you have an overactive thyroid gland, then it may result in hypertension.
Hypertension may result in various health complications in the body such as:
- Aneurysm: This is a disorder of the blood vessels which causes the blood vessels to bulge and weaken.
- Heart attack: High blood pressure causes the arteries to harden and thicken which may lead to a heart attack.
- Metabolic syndrome: This syndrome refers to a group of complications such as high bad cholesterol levels and insulin levels in the body.
- Impaired brain functioning: It may also impair your ability to learn and impact your cognitive skills.