Doctor in Chiranjeevi Nursing Home
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Chiranjeevi Nursing HomeYour feedback matters!
Scabies is a skin condition that causes the skin to itch. It is caused by a tiny burrowing mite, which is called Sarcoptes scabei. The presence of the mite in the burrowed areas causes intense itching, especially at night. This a contagious condition which can quickly spread through physical contact in places like nursing homes, schools, prisons etc. Scabies is easily treatable by applying lotions to the skin that may kill the mite. Yet, one may still experience itching for several weeks.
The eight legged mite that causes the condition is microscopic. The female mite burrows just beneath the skin and makes a tunnel where it deposits eggs. These eggs hatch, mature and spread to the other areas of the skin or to the skin of other people. The body's allergic reaction to the mites, their eggs and wastes causes the itching.
Some of the symptoms of the condition are severe itching, narrow irregular burrow tracks which look like blisters or bumps on your skin. The burrow tracks generally appear in the folds of the skin. The common sites of the condition are between the fingers, armpits, around the waist, soles of your feet, knees, shoulder blades etc.
Some of the complications of the condition are:
1. Vigorous scratching which can break your skin and can cause a secondary infection such as impetigo. This superficial skin infection is usually caused by the staphylococci bacteria.
2. Severe scratching can also lead to damaged and reddened skin which in severe cases can start to bleed.
Crusted scabies, also known as Norwegian scabies is a severe form of the condition which affects certain high risks group such as:
1. People with chronic medical conditions such as HIV/Aids or chronic leukemia
2. Older people in nursing homes
3. People who are very ill
One of the most common reasons of erectile dysfunction is obesity, which might sink your intimate life to a great extent. It is really crucial that you are in control of your weight and regain your libido.
One of the most common chronic conditions that men face is that of erectile dysfunction (ED). Statistically, over 18 million men above the age of 20 experience it to some degree. It is an inability to achieve or maintain erection required for desired sexual activity.
Though there might be various reasons for it, there is a consistent connection between obesity and sexual dysfunction. It has been found that obese men are prone to ED 2.5 times more than those of normal weight. These symptoms of ED and various other health issues can be observed if you are just 30 pounds overweight!
- Obesity causes atherosclerosis, which is a cardiovascular condition. In this condition, cholesterol is deposited on the walls of blood vessels, thus restraining blood flow to the organs in the body including the penis.
- The testosterone level in obese men is low. Due to absence of this sexually-stimulating hormone, there is an inability to achieve erections as testosterone is needed to increase the level of nitric oxide in penile tissue, which acts as a blood vessel dilator.
- In most cases, erectile dysfunction is considered as the first sign of a weak heart in men who are overweight.
- Men might experience a low libido, because of the reduced testosterone levels.
- They might experience a depressed mood and lowering in their levels of energy.
- They might experience a diminished sense of vitality.
It’s really crucial to shed that extra weight if you want to regain your sex life. It has been found by researchers at the Center for Obesity Management in Naples, Italy that one third of obese men have improved sexual activity after they lost weight.
- Lose weight. Check on how much you eat in a day. Aim at losing 1 to 2 pounds a week, which equals to losing around 500 to 1000 calories in a day.
- Look out for what you eat in a day. Avoid chips and dips, and become friends with greens and other raw vegetables as your snack. Stop eating the processed and red meats; replace them with fish instead. Switch to whole grains.
- Physical activity is the most important aspect when it comes to losing weight. Implement a successful weight-loss strategy. Take out some time by skipping a few episodes of your TV show, get up from the couch, and get active for around 30-45 minutes in a day. Repeat this 3-5 times in a week.
- Lastly, maintain these habits until you don’t shed those extra pounds that are a hindrance to your sex life.
People’s inability to use their voices in an effective manner has the potential to create a major impact on careers, personal relationships and also on the overall quality of their lives. Some might opine that voice therapy is totally reserved for actors, singers, and broadcasters, as their careers are made through the voices but the reality is that almost everyone can garner the benefits out of voice therapy.
The speech therapists, better known as speech-language pathologists, who specialize in voice therapy, get involved in the diagnosis, assessment, planning and finally treating the patients suffering from voice disorders. These kinds of healthcare providers are trained to evaluate the usage of voice and vocal function to understand the causes behind the loss of voice and the best methods of treatment, which patients could undergo for improving their voices
Before looking into how exactly speech therapy can help in treating voice disorders, let us first understand what exactly voice disorders are, the manner in which they develop, their symptoms and causes:
Voice disorders deal with a variety of problems related to voice, which occur as a result of a wide range of causes.
Numerous circumstances can result in the loss of voice quality or complete voice loss. The causes which lead to voice disorders include:
If you frequently scream or raise the voice.
Side effects of medicines.
Infections caused due to bacteria.
Signs and Symptoms
Symptoms range from a persistent feeling as if something is stuck on the throat, to a feeling of strain on the neck and throat, leading to scratch voice.
People whose careers are dependent on voices like singers, motivational speakers and broadcasters, voice therapy might be used as a preventive measure.
Role of Speech Language Pathologist in Voice Therapy
The therapy consists of assessment and the implementation of two techniques, voice therapy and voice hygiene.
A speech-language pathologist would look at various factors while making an assessment like:
Health conditions or medications, which might affect the voice.
Full case history
Patient’s self-assessment of the problem.
Conducting an oral-peripheral examination
After completion of the assessment, speech-language pathologists can diagnose a voice disorder, provide a clear description and assess the severity of their disorder, recommend interventions, look into appropriate treatments and if needed can refer to other professionals.
A speech-language therapist would encourage patients to make necessary changes in their lifestyles and maintain a healthy regime to make sure that he or she can maintain a healthy voice. This includes:
Period of rest to the vocal cord.
Complete avoidance of screaming or shouting.
Avoid clearing out throat.
Limited use of air conditioners during summer
This voice therapy involves changing up the biomechanics of voice production. Voice therapy’s goal is to bring improvements in vocal function and quality and carry out exercises aimed at achieving strength in the vocal cord.
Some of the voice therapy techniques include:
Physiologic Voice Therapy
Symptomatic Voice Therapy
Are you suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome and are looking for an ideal remedy? Polycystic ovarian disease or PCOD is a common female health condition. It is a complex disorder and involves several factors which include insulin resistance, obesity, irregular menstrual bleeding, insufficient ovum production, and abnormal menstrual cycles. PCOD commonly occurs during the reproductive age of a woman and accounts for being a major cause of infertility.
According to Ayurvedic principles, PCOD occurs primarily due to the imbalance state of your doshas. The dosha vaishanmya is linked to the symptoms of PCOD, and the relationship between the doshas and lakshans is permanent.
PCOD is associated with stri beeja and rajah formation, along with medhodhantu to some extent. These should be attended to while the condition is being treated. The Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD aims at providing ideal care by correction of the ama dosha. By this, you achieve koshta shuddi, which in turn regularizes your tridoshas. The way or approach towards Ayurvedic treatment for PCOD includes the following:
- Treatment of agnimandya at both dhatwagni and jataragni levels.
- The alleviation of sroto avarodha is an essential part of PCOD treatment using Ayurveda. You should undertake purificatory therapies which are based on the grade of your doshic vitialation, and the exact area of affliction. These should be followed by rasayana drugs, which are free radical scavenging agents.
- The regularization of the apana Vata is essential as well. You must firmly avoid vihara and kaphkara ahara.
- Yoga and meditation are very important for the Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD. You should perform yoga asanas regularly. Some of the ideal postures for PCOD management include sarvangasana, matyasana, and shavasana.
- It is also very important for you to work out regularly, undertake different physical exercises. This will make your overall life much healthier.
- You must follow a healthy, balanced diet regularly, which should consist of fresh vegetables and fruits.
Ayurvedic herbs for the treatment of PCOD
- The varuna crataeva nurvala is an effective herb which helps in the clearance of channels, which reduces your cyst’s size.
- You can try hareetaki because of its amazing laxative effects, which reduce the morbidity of your body.
- Bilva or aegle marmelos helps in reducing the size of your growth, via its digestive effect.
- Strotasshuddhi is required and herbs likes Punarnava, kaphhar medicines are advised.
- Phytooestrogen sources and female tonic Shatavari is very much advised.
- Agnimantha, similar to lions. Lake er dhareyjata
- Guduchi is another effective remedy for PCOD and has a rejuvenating effect.
- Kanchnar is the drug of choice for Thyroid as per AYURVEDA, Strotasshuddhi is done by using Trikatu, Punarnava and other medicines. Rasayan like Shatavari is advised for enhancing female hormones.
If you are experiencing any symptom of PCOD, it is recommended for you to visit an Ayurvedic practitioner. This ensures that proper diagnosis is undertaken so that you can start treating the condition as early as possible.
While some diseases and medical conditions affect people all over the world, there are some that are prevalent only amongst a certain cultural group or region. Dhat roga or Dhat syndrome is one such culturally bound syndrome that affects men in the Indian subcontinent region including India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Nepal. In some cases, it may also affect the women of this region.
The word ‘Dhat’ originates from the Sanskrit word ‘Dhatu’ meaning ‘elixir of the body’. The condition was first described in 1960 by Dr Narendra Wig as a condition marked by psychosomatic symptoms such as fatigue, anxiety and sexual dysfunction caused by the passing of a whitish fluid or whitish particles that are believed to be semen in the urine. Other symptoms that person with this condition might express include weakness, lack of appetite, poor concentration and guilt.
How dhat is different from sperm leakage and premature ejaculation?
Dhat is the name given to the collective symptoms, such as sexual, psychological, and physical related to the passing of a whitish fluid, believed to be semen in urine. This is usually followed by psychological distress and anxiety due to semen-loss in patients. The word ‘dhat’ is derived from the Sanskrit word ‘dhatu’ which means ‘metal’ and/or ‘elixir’. Whereas, sperm leakage is a sexual dysfunction which happens due to weak parasympathetic nerves. What happens here is that seminal fluid oozes out of a flaccid penis.
This is said to happen due to over masturbation. Dhat, on the other hand, is passing of seminal fluid in urine. And, premature ejaculation is something that happens at the time of coitus. In this, the male is unable to sustain an erection long enough for penetration and ‘comes’ prematurely. In this condition, penetrative sex doesn’t happen or happens for too short a period of time to satisfy the partner.
In the dhat syndrome, males usually believe that they have premature ejaculation and suffer from impotence apart from just leaking the white seminal fluid during urination. This loss frightens them into developing a sense of depression as the fear of semen loss is very strong in the subcontinent. Young men from a rural background or of a lower socioeconomic status typically complain of this syndrome. It may be further categorised under three heads:
- Only Dhat: In this case, the patients present with hypochondriacally oriented symptoms attributed to the loss of semen
- Dhat accompanied by anxiety or depression: In this case depression or anxiety is the core condition that may be accompanied by Dhat
- Dhat accompanied by sexual dysfunction: In such cases, the patient may complain of erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation or other psychosexual dysfunction conditions such as depressive neurosis, somatoform/ hypochondriasis or anxiety neurosis.
- Fatigue and listlessness
- Appetite loss
- Lack of physical strength
- Poor concentration and forgetfulness
- Sexual dysfunction
There are a number of misconceptions about dhat. Most patients think that the semen loss during urination will make them impotent or someway weaker sexually. This anxiety can be traced back thousands of years to certain Ayurvedic treatises in which the loss of a single drop of semen, the most precious body fluid, was enough to weaken the whole body. This cultural belief leads to a lot of stigma, guilt and depression related to dhat.
The morbid hypochondriacal fear that is associated with dhat syndrome is also stuff that myths are made of. Patients believe that dhat will irreversibly harm their bodies and they will be unable to produce male offspring, and that dhat will cause a death of offspring at an early age, lead to the birth of a malformed fetus; or cause anaemia, leprosy, tuberculosis, permanent impotency, and shrinking of the penis.
Factors apart from reproductive health which results in Dhat roga
- Nerves are responsible for keeping the semen locked in during a normal state in men. When nerves get weak, semen is discharged during urination or while doing normal activities in the form of a white discharge, called dhat.
- This problem further strains other organs like liver and a poorly functioning liver increases weakness related to muscles and also reduces energy levels, fat metabolism, and contaminates blood.
- Prostatitis, a disease of the prostate gland which secretes seminal fluids can also aggravate dhat.
- A weak digestive system, prone to constipation and piles also causes dhat. This is seen as a white discharge while defecation.
Modern science has not been able to understand an organic evolution of this condition and hence has no form of medication to treat it. Hence, it is often considered a neurotic condition. According to Ayurveda, apart from excessive masturbation and a weak reproductive health, conditions such as weak digestion, constipation and prostatitis can also trigger the symptoms of Dhat roga.
Ayurveda believes that the body always functions as a complete entity and hence no condition can be isolated and treated. Hence when treating diseases, it approaches it through changes in the person’s diet, exercise and lifestyle, mental health and overall physical health. In the case of treatment for Dhat roga, it is important for the doctor to first correct the patient’s erroneous beliefs and listen to the person before medicating him.
Tips and treatments in Ayurveda:
Ayurveda postulates leading a controlled sexual life to counteract dhat.
- Charaka samhita postulates that semen is all pervasive within the body like "oil in the sesamic seed" and suggests one ejaculation per week in summer and 168 total yearly ejaculations as the optimal sexual frequency for males.
- Over-indulgence in sex and especially masturbation can cause an imbalance in the dhatus with a resultant physical illness called dhat.
- Use herbs which enhance energy and performance of the reproductive system. These herbs will remove debility and weakness and will elevate levels of testosterone hormone in the body to rejuvenate and re-energize the reproductive system.
- These pills also contain herbs which strengthen, repair and stimulate nerves and maintain an optimum supply of energy throughout the day to prevent semen discharge with urine.
- Shilajit is a herb that is known for enhancing sexual potency. Shilajit capsules come loaded with herbs which supplement minerals and nutrients in a bio-available form to remove deficiencies improving the functioning of organs and muscles to counteract fatigue.
Regular counselling is often advocated in such cases along with anti-anxiety and anti-depression medication. Medication may also be prescribed to keep semen from leaking into the urine. The patient is also taught to relax so as to ensure the smooth functioning of the genitourinary system.
I have sore throat, many times I gone to hospital and take antibiotic but after 3-4 months come back, doctor do endoscopy but there is a nothing to worry, doctor said you have dry throat, so what is permanent solution.
While pregnancy is not a pathological condition, it is a happy time that can be marred by various conditions. Debilitating morning or all day sickness, which is usually characterised by nausea, reflux in the Gastroesophageal band, heartburn and acidity. This can also turn into vomiting and lead to complications if it does not stop. Persistent, almost daily vomiting can be termed as excessive vomiting in pregnancy, and this is known as Hyperemesis Gravidarum in medical terms.
I am 28 years old young man, feeling stomach bloating prick pain inside the stomach and whole body, my body muscle cramping shooting, its last from 1 month, when I take vitamin d3 injection the symptoms may reduced I feel fresh but after few days the symptoms return and I feel dizzy and weak, I have done blood sample but reports become normal, im in tens why my stomach bloating and producing excessive gas, after this my all body muscles cramping and start with body pain. Am sorry for poor english hope so you will understand what I want to say .thanks.
Piles, fistula and fissures are the most common problems affecting the rectum and the anus. Both the rectum as well as the anus has a very rich vascular supply. There could be swelling of these blood vessels or tearing which can lead to the above conditions. Read on to know additional details about each of these conditions.