Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Ms. Nikhila Mehta

Psychologist, Ahmedabad

150 at clinic
Ms. Nikhila Mehta Psychologist, Ahmedabad
150 at clinic
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I want all my patients to be informed and knowledgeable about their health care, from treatment plans and services, to insurance coverage....more
I want all my patients to be informed and knowledgeable about their health care, from treatment plans and services, to insurance coverage.
More about Ms. Nikhila Mehta
Ms. Nikhila Mehta is one of the best Psychologists in Mithakhali, Ahmedabad. You can consult Ms. Nikhila Mehta at Dr. Nikhila Mehta in Mithakhali, Ahmedabad. Don’t wait in a queue, book an instant appointment online with Ms. Nikhila Mehta on has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 41 years of experience on You can find Psychologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Dr. Nikhila Mehta

6th Floor, Ashoka Chambers, Mithakhali Land Mark: Near Medi Surge HospitalAhmedabad Get Directions
150 at clinic
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Ms. Nikhila Mehta

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

Sir. I am 18 years old. I had serious head ache. I am a student. So I can't concentrate my study. I should like get any information to release my head ache.

Reparenting Technique, BA, BEd
Psychologist, Bangalore
This headache needs to be investigated. Among many other reasons you could be straining your eyes when studying, you could be having some vision defects, and surprising of all you could be having some anger issues that are looking for a resolution. Meet a doctor soon and if is is not a medical reason then you are looking at an emotional one, like unexpressed anger. In that case, you should meet with a counselor and deal with that feeling.
10 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am male 23 years old. My neighbour aunty is around 40-45 years old. I have seen her in petticoat and inner from my room, .she was standing outside her room. Even she saw me. But didn't say anything. See smiled at me. She will be in night only home. I become horny whenever I see her. I need have sex with her. I have asked her indirectly about this .she said yes. So can I approach her for sex.

BASM, MD, MS (Counseling & Psychotherapy), MSc - Psychology, Certificate in Clinical psychology of children and Young People, Certificate in Psychological First Aid, Certificate in Positive Psychology
Psychologist, Palakkad
Dear Lybrate user. Why not? If she is willing and you want her, you can always have sex with that aunty. But make sure you use condom. Take care.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I can't relax during speaking. Many ideas come at same time and I am disabled to manage them. Then I get stammering. Can I get rid from it?

C.S.C, D.C.H, M.B.B.S
General Physician,
Yu have to organise your thoughts well in advance and make a note of the points and go forwards by steady and clear determination.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My son does not work hard in his studies . He is not able to show sincerity and hard work in spite of repeated poor performance. I am not able to successful to motivate him . Any help shall be highly appreciated .

Reparenting Technique, BA, BEd
Psychologist, Bangalore
You do not mention your son?s age. You must meet with his teachers to find out, if there is something else happening to him. Often they open up to their teachers very frankly. If he is finding his studies difficult, find a tutor for him and that person will be able to help him. If he is in his teens, there will be quite a few distractions, apart from the hormonal imbalances. Is the home life normal and stable? It may also be because he may have learnt some wrong habits of learning or wrong foundation while he was younger. In both these cases he will need either a tutor or his teachers to help. He needs to be taught a smart way of learning rather than just working hard. You could also sit with him and help him, but with a lot of patience. You will come to know whether he is using any incorrect method to study. Take him to an academic counselor to check out for any emotional reasons for his performance.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I recently break up with a girl. Due to that I feel stressed during work and after work. What can I do to forget her and reduce stress and lead a happy life?

MBA (Healthcare), Ph. D - Psychology, M.Sc - Applied Psychology, MS Psychology, Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (BOT), Diploma in Psychological Medicine
Psychologist, Jhunjhunu
Use rubber band in hand. Snap it when that girl is recalled by you, it will distract and you will forget her for ever with relaxed
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 64 year male married in 1980 and have two children, all grown up ad well settled. Children live independently and are not depending on me. My wife is not living with me physically for more than 30 years. For the sake of my children I sacrificed my sex life and have no sex with my wife or any other women ever since my wife started living separately from me. Now I feel insecurity in my old age and want a companion as I am living with depressed mind causing diabetes and blood pressure, for which I am taking medicines. I feel, if I live a female companion, I can get rid of diabetes and blood pressure at least to a great extent. I have contacted some women and there are women ready to come and live with me. But, I do not want to disturb my present wife as she feel exposed to society and find her living miserable as all these days she used to pretend living with me. My present wife is spiritual, though not religious and immersed in her spiritual activity with an organisation, which I do not like her association with other men, depriving me health and happiness. I know, being a Hindu, it is illegal to marry a second wife when the first one is alive. The women consented to live with me have agreed for live in relationship and do not need re marriage. Please advice how to proceed in this issue and go ahead with living with another woman depriving the social status of present wife.

MD - Psychiatry
Psychiatrist, Chennai
You can get married with your 1st wife's consent. Else, just live with the 2nd woman like live-in relationship without marriage. Living with that woman will never cure your diabetes or blood pressure, but might help you to get out of depressed mood and if you can, it can get you some sexual pleasures. All the best.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hii. I have some problem problem is early morning I don't wake up who call me and with alarm also so what is problem is any effect in mind? Please suggest me.

BASM, MD, MS (Counseling & Psychotherapy), MSc - Psychology, Certificate in Clinical psychology of children and Young People, Certificate in Psychological First Aid, Certificate in Positive Psychology
Psychologist, Palakkad
Dear, you are sleeping soundly. That is all. This is not any mental disorder. Just recall. You are able to wake up when there is an emergency requirement. Don't worry. Take care.
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 50 years old. Since seven years working as facility manager. Now I am trying to get executive job. My problem is in job interview I get nervous. My thighs, hand start tremble. Mouth dry, mind will blank. I can not answer even simple questions. Since I am young same problem was there but not this much. Now I missed the three job regarding this problem. I want some drugs for 2 to 3 hours, so I can attend my interview without nervous. Please help me.

D.P.M(psychiatry) [Diploma in Psychological medicine] , MBBS
Psychiatrist, Jalna
Hello, it's a common complaint amongst interview /oral exam givers. It is termed as" performance anxiety. Medicines like beta blockers and benzodiazepines should solve your problem without much hassle. Take care.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am engineering student and I have a lot of tension about exams and study. How to prevent depression and live free? please help.

Homeopath, Thane
Hi, Inorder to avoid tension start doing yoga exercises mostly the breathing exercises (pranayam ,kapalbhati).Do suryanamaskar daily. Take Arg nit 30 4pills thrice a day for 15 days before exams
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My name is pooja saini. I am verY stressful daily life so please tell me how to stress free.

MD-Ayurveda, Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Sexologist, Haldwani
Hello- talk, laugh, cry, and express anger when you need to. Talking with friends, family, a counselor, or a member of the clergy about your feelings is a healthy way to relieve stress. Do something you enjoy. You may feel that you're too busy to do these things. Here are some ways to lower your stress levels - 1. Find time for exercise exercise regularly eat a healthy diet reduce caffinated & aerated drinks avoid alcohol, hard drinks & cigarettes 2. Get enough sleep 3. Relax taking a yoga class soaking in a bubble bath meditating 4. Make yourself always busy in work.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I lost somebody close last year and then feel very depressed and prefer keeping myself all the time. Please help me.

BASM, MD, MS (Counseling & Psychotherapy), MSc - Psychology, Certificate in Clinical psychology of children and Young People, Certificate in Psychological First Aid, Certificate in Positive Psychology
Psychologist, Palakkad
Dear lybrate user. Welcome to lybrate. I can understand. Loosing someone near and dear is called grief and depression related to grief is pretty normal. But this sort of depression does not stay for long. This depression gets cleared within a span of some weeks. The best option for you is to undergo counseling and depression related therapy. Take care.
11 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My son is 4 years 10 month old. He is a late talker, he still does not speaks clearly. He can make 3 to 5 word sentence. Few of his words could be understood by others. He did not had any Developmental delay other than speech. He can write well can recite rhymes but words are not very clear. Pls let me know why is there delay in language and how to go about it? (He is physically very active)

BASM, MD, MS (Counseling & Psychotherapy), MSc - Psychology, Certificate in Clinical psychology of children and Young People, Certificate in Psychological First Aid, Certificate in Positive Psychology
Psychologist, Palakkad
Dear Lybrate user. Possible causes. A delay in Speech skills can happen for many reasons, including: Problems with a child’s tongue or the roof of his mouth, which makes it hard to form sounds and words Hearing loss. Kids who’ve had a lot of ear infections can have hearing problems. A learning disability A developmental disorder, such as cerebral palsy or autism spectrum disorder What you can do. If you think your child has a problem with his speech or language, let his doctor know right away. The doctor will need to test his hearing. She’ll probably also suggest that your child see a professional who can diagnose and treat these delays, called a speech-language pathologist or speech therapist. This specialist will study how your child expresses himself, including: What he understands What he can say Other ways he tries to get his thoughts across, such as gestures or nodding If your child does have a delay, he might need speech therapy. A therapist can work with him on how to pronounce words and sounds, and strengthen the muscles in his face and mouth. You can also work with your child on speech and language:
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Dear Dr. I am 42 year old and I get tensed / back headache cause of my office problems for not getting promotion and problems created by my seniors for no reason for which I feel tired and drowsy every time . I am a non alcoholic and non smoker. I saw a psychiatrist during 2014 he informed me that the drowsiness is because of anxiety and he prescribed me nexito 5 mg and lonazep0. 25. He informed me to take this for 6 months and now I stop. Now again I am getting the same type of feeling. Feeling restless and drowsy when I check for sugar instant it was 95 (low) and my HB was 10.7 and now I am taking some iron tablets. Sir please suggest me shall I continue taking the medicine lonazep and nexito. Is there any side effects when taken for long with any other medicine and how long can I take this medicine to stop my drowsiness / anxiety. Also please suggest how can I stop anxiety / depression / hand shivering if not taken food on time pls. Pls advice. Thanking you.

MS - Counselling and Psychotherapy, Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology, Bachelor of Arts - Psychology and English Literature
Psychologist, Coimbatore
Hi lybrate-user, your problem is not that serious to worry or take medicines, it can be cured without medicines. You should actually take some relaxation therapy provided by psychologist, yoga teacher to relieve you from tension and back headache. It is good that you are non alcoholic and non smoker, added advantage to come out from anxiety, depression and hand shivering. First I would like to give you some advise, you go attend relaxation therapy and yoga that is meditation from a well trained yoga teacher to remove your anxiety and back headache for at least 3 to 6 months continuously, do not take this as a joke, if you attend some classed for your health sake should attend continuously, only then you can come out from this problem. This will help you to be self confident. You have got to visit a counsellor or contact counsellor to remove your depression, bring in self confidence and to help you lead a better life with happiness, but before would like to know more about yourself, family, work, related to this problem if any. Only then we could help you better.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

We loved each other for 3 yrs. 1 year lot of quarrel & misunderstanding and then We married last year in june15. She was from chennai. Took her to bangalore with me. She is not interested in intercourse now. She is avoiding with some reasons like not interested. Take me out I do not like this place & family. But she was interested in sex 3 years before. Can you suggest me some medicine to indulge feelings in her and make interested in sex.

MD - Psychiatry, MBA (Healthcare)
Psychiatrist, Pune
Hi there, sexual feelings are not something that can be induced by any medicines. There could be a lot of reasons why she could be avoiding sex, ranging from pain or discomfort during sex, incomplete satisfaction, or some interpersonal problems between you two. Instead of looking for instant solutions, communicate with her patiently, ask her what's wrong. An open communication is very crucial between partners, and your overall relationship has a huge bearing on your sexual relationship. I recommend you both to see a psychiatrist who practices sexology, to get to the root of the problem. Good luck.
4 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I get anger for simple issues with my family and girl friend but do not get any anger no matter how much others insult me abuse me and make fun of me. Why is this so? What should I do to get mentally balanced reaction to a situation?

MD - Homeopathy, BHMS
Homeopath, Greater Noida
Hello. You seemed to be dissatisfied with your family and girlfriend due to some reasons, so you get irritated easily. It might also be that you are bored of the life situations. Change the way you are leading life. You can consult a doctor for homoeopathic medicines and psychotherapy. Regards.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have chewing a gutaka from last 20 years,but till date no health problem me,but i have leave this habit so pl.suggest me.iam a tax consulatant practicing in a latur form 22 years,in my business more than trees i request to suggest me how much leave my habit.

MD - Psychiatry
Psychiatrist, Indore
There are drugs that can help.requires visit.but you can substitute your tobacco need with nicotex chewing gum or niclonz lozenges used by "bite and park" method.this will take care of irritablity and craving.stop and start using subsitutes. help yourself and enjoy good health for life. if you can learn and practice yoga i.e. asanas,meditation,pranayam and excercise for 30 will be helpfull.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 26 year female, recently I realized that I frequently forget things within some minute after remembering. When I get angry I just feel like getting mad or thinking of destroy everything around me. Sometime I did an emotional outburst. I realize that I am suffering some psychological problem. What should I do?

L L. B..,, M.Sc psychy,, N L P, P.G.D.G.C, M.S psychotherapy,, M.A child care, M A, clinical psy, M.A,social psychiatry,, M.Phil., psychology., Ph.D .,psychology
Psychologist, Vijayawada
You are emotionally unstable. You need emotional therapy. You are suffering from psychological problem. Because of excessive internal frustrated thoughts. You are very easily getting angerness. Better to analyse your internal thoughts. If anything is secrecy or anything leads to dissatisfaction. Analyse that. Based on that take further steps to come out from this statues. Excessive angerness will not come without any reason. After analyse then take your environment very easily. Maintain calmness and pleasant manner. Better to practise yoga and meditation. Express your internal thoughts to your close friends and family member. Be sociable. Be happy all time. Do not maintain this status. It is always problematic to you. Better to come out from this status. Ok all the best.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Symptoms of clinical depression

M.Sc Clinical Nutrition & Dietetics, P.G.Diploma in pachakarma, Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Jaipur
Symptoms of clinical depression
Symptoms of clinical depression-

The symptoms of depression can be complex and vary widely between people. But as a general rule, if you are depressed, you feel sad, hopeless and lose interest in things you used to enjoy.
The symptoms persist for weeks or months and are bad enough to interfere with your work, social life and family life.
There are many other symptoms of depression and you're unlikely to have every one listed below.

1) Psychological symptoms include:-
# continuous low mood or sadness
# feeling hopeless and helpless
# having low self-esteem
# feeling tearful
# feeling guilt-ridden
# feeling irritable and intolerant of others
# having no motivation or interest in things
# finding it difficult to make decisions
# not getting any enjoyment out of life
# feeling anxious or worried
# having suicidal thoughts or thoughts of harming yourself

2) Physical symptoms include:
# moving or speaking more slowly than usual
# change in appetite or weight (usually decreased, but sometimes increased)
# constipation
# unexplained aches and pains
# lack of energy or lack of interest in sex (loss of libido)
# changes to your menstrual cycle
# disturbed sleep (for example, finding it hard to fall asleep at night or waking up very early in the morning)

3) Social symptoms include:
# not doing well at work
# taking part in fewer social activities and avoiding contact with friends
# neglecting your hobbies and interests
# having difficulties in your home and family life

If you experience some of these symptoms for most of the day, every day for more than two weeks, you should seek help from your doctor.
See your doctor if you think you may be depressed

Depression can come on gradually, so it can be difficult to notice something is wrong. Many people continue to try to cope with their symptoms without realising they are ill. It can take a friend or family member to suggest something is wrong.

Doctors describe depression by how serious it is:

mild depression has some impact on your daily life
moderate depression has a significant impact on your daily life
severe depression makes it almost impossible to get through daily life – a few people with severe depression may have psychotic symptoms

Grief and depression-
It can be hard to distinguish between grief and depression. They share many of the same characteristics, but there are important differences between them.
Grief is an entirely natural response to a loss, while depression is an illness.

People who are grieving find their feelings of loss and sadness come and go, but they're still able to enjoy things and look forward to the future.
In contrast, people who are depressed have a constant feeling of sadness. They don't enjoy anything and find it hard to be positive about the future.

Other types of depression-
There are different types of depression, and some conditions where depression may be one of the symptoms. These include:

Postnatal depression-
Some women develop depression after having a baby. Postnatal depression is treated in similar ways to other forms of depression, with talking therapies and antidepressant medicines.

Bipolar disorder-
is also known as "manic depression". It's where there are spells of depression and excessively high mood (mania). The depression symptoms are similar to clinical depression, but the bouts of mania can include harmful behaviour such as gambling, going on spending sprees and having unsafe sex.

Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)-
Also known as "winter depression", SAD is a type of depression that has a seasonal pattern usually related to winter
7 people found this helpful
View All Feed

Near By Doctors

(486 ratings)

Dr. Dolly Anadkat

Ph. D - Psychology, Professional Certified Coach
Dr. Dolly Anadkat, 
250 at clinic
Book Appointment