Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Ahmedabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Ms. Nikhila Mehta
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Ms. Nikhila MehtaYour feedback matters!
Good morning, there are some serious queries regarding physical relation before marriage) Here is the short description of the story ,before 2 year ago my wife gave (30 thousand rupees )to his friend even I also know that guy he was her good friend, but now when my wife asked me to get money back from him n then when I approached to that guy to bring the money back ,he blamed my wife that she was her girlfriend n he had sex with even without precaution )now I want to know that is it possible to find out through any medical process? I am in depression cause of that.
My problem is that I am suffering from severe social anxiety from 5 years (symptoms like improper breathing, heavily facial sweat when nervous, panic attacks,) even I'm not going to face job interview as well .many doctors suggest me betacap, etizolam,clonazepam . please note that I am also suffering from asthma and high bp (and anxiety too). My main problem is my facial sweat during interaction with people or in social situation. please help me to overcame from this problem.
Hi doctor, how are you. I am middle class, male, 36, from india living in a metro city. I lost my father a long time ago and my mother 3 years ago. By profession, I am an un-successful software engineer. My marriage broke few years ago (it was a 3 months marriage, no children) and my wife harassed me a lot due to one sided laws in india. I have a fight with both my sisters. At present, I am living alone (with my dog). In the past few years, I have taken a lot of emotional stress due to which my health deteriorated a lot. Now, my problem is that when ever I get angry, there is a lot of pain in my kidneys. I think there is a huge problem in the lower abdominal part of my body but its not showing anything serious when I conducted the normal whole-body test. What do you suggest about my problem? Should I go for some advanced tests?
I am a student, I want to work hard do lots of work and get a good amount of outcome for my input, but whenever I work, or study, I cannot give full concentration also while giving exams, if i'm attempting a particular question, I feel like there is a barrier in my mind which is not letting me think about the solutions or question tricks, I feel I cannot cross that barrier and feel helpless. Please advise.
Dear doctor, I can hear threatening conversations always throughout the day. Nobody is coming to me and speaking to me. I can threatening speech throughout the day in a whispering voice. I suffer from tension always because of that reason. Well can you suggest me some advise, what kind of problem I am having please suggest.
M suffering from depression. M suddenly gets upset without any reason. I get angry on little things. I scared of socially.
Hello doctor. I love her girl for 8 standard. Many ups and downs but my relation continue for after pass the 12 th class some days then avoided me and then result is breakup and for 15 months I not forgot this girl. But girl enter a new relation. How can forgot this girl. But girl check my last seen and send a message for a fake id then fight for a still boyfriend. How can forgot these things. I talk with me for every place. My mind not a exact place and think the girl every time. How can forgot this girl. My studies suffer this activities.
Stress affects every part of your life including your love life. If you’re feeling too overwhelmed and tense, chances are that you’re libido and appearance will suffer. Studies have shown that being stressed increases the production of cortisol in the body, which makes you less appealing to members of the other sex.
Stressful life circumstances such as not enough money to pay the bills, family members with health problems or figuring out who will do what of the too-much work of running a home clearly can create stress in relationships. At the same time, how a couple talks over these stressful problems either reduces or magnifies the tensions caused by the initial problem. Marriage arguments are the last thing you need when you're already trying to deal with a tough situation.
Take a look at five ways stress can affect your love life.
- It changes your perception of the relationship: Being under stress makes you irritable and snappy. Relationships exposed to high levels of stress most often turn negative with time. This is because stress alters our perception of reality and understanding of people. When you’re stressed, you tend to focus more on what’s wrong with the relationship than what’s right. This can lead to an increase in conflicts between partners.
- It lowers your confidence: For any relationship to work, you must first love yourself. Stress causes self-doubt and lowers your self-confidence. If you’re looking to start a relationship, this can increase your inhibitions in talking to new people or going on a date. If you’re already in a relationship, this lowered self-confidence can lead to problems in bed.
- It affects your appearance: Stress affects not only your emotional and mental frame of mind but your physical state as well. Being under stress to perform can result in binge eating and make you put on weight. Stress itself increases the production of cortisol in the body which in turn makes the skin secrete more oil. Stress can also cause brittle nails and hair loss. Stress also lowers your energy levels and makes you withdraw from social life.
- It lowers your sex drive: Stress makes it difficult to focus on anything other than whatever is troubling you. It has a direct connection to your libido; the higher the stress, the lower your libido. For men this can lead to erectile dysfunctioning while for women it can reduce the amount of natural lubrication produced and make sex uncomfortable.
- It can suppress fertility: Cortisol can also prevent women from ovulating. This can lower your chances of conceiving a child. this is noticed especially in cases of sudden spikes in stress levels and varies from woman to woman. It can also cause fertility problems in men.
The good news is that stress can easily be managed to improve your love life. Meditating and exercising are two effective stress busters that can enhance your love life. Doing this along with your partner not only helps reduce stress but can also bring you closer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.