Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Agra. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Priyanka Singh
Treatment of Thyroid Disorders
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Kidney Disease
Weight Management Treatment
Treatment of Pcod Problems
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Treatment of Heart Disease
Submit a review for Dt. Priyanka SinghYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
The name 'fast food' comes from the fact that it can be prepared and served in a jiffy and not to mention, tastes delicious. Don't be fooled by the smell and the taste, they have such little to no nutritional value that they can hardly be called food. They are rich in calories, fat and sugar that lead to various kinds of health conditions. Popular junk foods include gums, sweets, carbonated drinks, desserts, dried foods; you probably love them now but after knowing their effects on your health you might want to eliminate them from your diet.
1. Heart diseases
Fast food contains high amounts of trans or saturated fats that can clog your arteries and lead to high level of cholesterol later in life. People who have junk food more than four times a week increase their risk of dying by 80%.
Adolescents who have poor eating habits are at high risk of being obese. Gaining a lot of weight beyond a recommended proportion can cause many health problems. Junk foods have sugar and calories that lead to weight gain. It has also been noticed that people who are prone to eating more fast foods are less likely to consume fruits and vegetables and this further weakens their immune system.
3. Peptic Ulcer
Peptic ulcer is a disease that occurs in the gastrointestinal tract; it is acidic in nature and cause extreme stomach ache. Spicy oily and salted food combined with stress and alcohol can lead to this condition.
Busy work schedule prevents many people from cooking at home and they take resort in fast food but it is advisable not to let work get in the way of your health. Consuming regular fast food coupled with poor lifestyle and lack of exercise leads to obesity which in turn causes type 2 diabetes.
Cut down on junk foods and incorporate fruits and vegetables and also make time to include a daily exercise routine to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Kismish kya bone heart k liye acche hote hai and isko daily kitna khae ar jyada khane se koi problm ho sakti hai.
Excessive fat in the body can cause a host of health complications such as diabetes, blood pressure, gout and disorders related to the gallbladder. However, there are certain food types that can help you achieve a healthy body with optimal fat levels.
1. Greek yoghurt: This type of yoghurt contains higher amounts of protein and fewer carbohydrates as compared to regular yoghurt. It will help you feel full for a longer duration and prevent over snacking.
2. Green tea: Apart from its antioxidant properties which are beneficial to the body, it also raises the metabolic rate in the body to burn calories. Catechin is a compound present in green tea that aids in removing belly fat.
3. Chili peppers: They contain a compound containing capsaicin that helps in boosting metabolism which in turn burns fat.
4. Chicken: Chicken mostly consists of lean protein that requires more calories to digest as compared to digesting fats and carbohydrates. Lean protein also help build muscle in the body which burn more calories when the body is at rest.
5. Cinnamon: Cinnamon aids the body in transporting the sugar into the cells so that it can be used as energy and not stored as fat.
6. Eggs: Eggs are considered to be a type of super food as they contain plenty of minerals and vitamins. Eggs also contain protein that helps in feeling full for a longer duration.
7. Non starchy vegetables: Non starchy vegetables such as carrots, squash and zucchini contain fiber that help you feel fuller. They also contain very less carbohydrates so they do not add much calorific value to the body.