The radiant, glowing skin that stares at us from the billboards and hoardings may be extremely artificial, but it definitely imbibes in us a desire to achieve better skin. This is not restricted to just young girls, but also adults refusing to accept the changes that age brings with it. Many want to look younger far younger than their ages.
While there is no trick that will do the magic, there are definitely some things to follow which can help you achieve a picture perfect skin:
- Laser resurfacing: The top layers of the skin need to make way for the fresh layers, which grow from below. This keeps the skin fresh and young in appearance. However, when there is too much of old skin at the top, it ends up appearing dull and lifeless. Laser resurfacing uses a beam of laser where the top layers are removed and the underlying layers are stimulated, so fresh skin is produced. This will need to be repeated at regular intervals.
- Chemical peels: Though the concept remains the same as above, chemicals are used to remove the top layers instead of a laser. This could, for instance, include salicylic acid, lactic acid, glycolic acid, etc. The mild acids induce as well as irritate the skin. They are, however, naturally present in the skin and therefore preferred sometimes.
- Botox: This prevents aging by relaxing the facial nerve endings. When the brain does not receive a signal from the skin, it continues to remain as is (minus the aging). This is a huge rage and many people swear by this. This is especially useful in women who want to curtail the aging effects including crow’s feet, and fine lines at the nose and forehead. These need to be repeated at regular intervals.
- Vampire face lift: The platelet rich plasma, an elixir extracted from your own blood studded with millions of growth factors when injected into your skin, gives younger looking lifted and radiant skin with less wrinkles, dark spots and other signs of aging.
- Spider vein treatment: If you have spider veins or small veins on your face that are thought to be unsightly, this could be the answer.
In addition to all the above procedures, the following tips never go out of trend and always provide great results:
- Keep the skin clean – never go to sleep with makeup on
- Regularly exfoliate the skin
- Use sunscreen adequately to minimize damage from the sun.
- Adequately moisturize the skin to avoid dryness
- Use natural products like turmeric, milk cream, lime, honey, fruit packs
- Eat fresh vegetables and fruits
- Avoid oily, junk, processed foods
- Exercise well
- Ensure a good night’s sleep