Vaginal rejuvenation is gaining more popularity by the day. Pregnancy, childbirth, menopause can disfigure a woman’s genital area. Not only does her vagina undergo changes but several medical conditions may creep in as well. Ailments such as vaginal atrophy, lack of lubrication, urinary incontinence, laxity of the vagina, sexual dysfunction might affect a woman’s sexual health, and can even trigger insecurities and melancholy. But, there are ways you can undo these issues with vaginal rejuvenation through PRP.
What triggers Changes in the Vagina?
• A woman’s vagina goes through tremendous changes under the influence of hormones.
• Vaginal deliveries can lead to laxity of the vagina.
• Menopause can cause dramatic changes to her private parts especially narrowing of vaginal orifice and vagina.
• Hormonal imbalance can lead to vaginal dryness or atrophy.
All of this may make sexual activities painful. This is when a woman should consider vaginal rejuvenation.
What is Vaginal Rejuvenation?
Vaginal rejuvenation is a process when a doctor will use therapy to treat the vaginal condition that you have been diagnosed with or to enhance the appearance of your vagina that may have suffered disfigurement with age.
1. Non-surgical PRP Vaginal Rejuvenation - Vaginal rejuvenation does not have to be performed through surgery. There are minimally invasive ways to do it. One such very popular procedure is instillation of Plasma Rich Platelet (PRP) through injection.
2. PRP for Vaginal Rejuvenation - PRP is prepared from patients own blood. Small amount of blood is needed for this purpose. PRP when injected trigger growth and cell repair. The PRP is injected into the vagina (wall of the vagina or the clitoris). This speeds up the generation of stem cells. New tissues are created that eradicate the problem of laxity, narrowing, infections, urinary incontinence, etc. Moreover, PRP injection also boosts secretion of collagen and elastin- both are instrumental for the supple and flexible vaginal wall. It also enhances the sensitivity of both the vagina and the clitoris. This makes a woman more responsive during sex by helping her in arousal. It is a safe and highly effective procedure.