Dr. Manu Rajput
90% (106 ratings)
Diploma in Body Therapy, England, PG Diploma in Skin Treatments, England, BAMS, Certified Cosmetologist & Nutritionist , Certificate in Facial Electrical Treatments, England, PG Diploma in Diet & Nutrition, England, UK Level 4 Certificate in Specialist Hair & Scalp Services
8 years experience
Every man tries to please his partner in bed and make her feel really happy and satisfied. However, this always does not happen due to various reasons. Worrying about it is sometimes half the reason. Stop worrying about it and the results would definitely be better.
Premature ejaculation is when either of the partners feels dissatisfied and wishes it could last longer. It is a very subjective situation and while some feel satisfied very quickly, others might take some time and wish it would last a little longer.
A time-based definition is not therefore in place, and if a couple is facing an issue that the act does not last long, they could see a doctor to discuss if things are normal and if there is something that needs to be done about it.
Causes: In most cases, there is not always a deep-seated physiological issue. A lot of it is psychological and easily managed.
- Psychological: Performance anxiety during intercourse, other stressors in life, habitual hurry towards climax or lack of understanding between the partners.
- Physiological: Hormonal issues, longstanding chronic illnesses, medication side effects, poor reflex mechanism, and infections in the reproductive tract, heredity, and surgical or accidental trauma leading to improper functioning of the organs.
There is no effect of premature ejaculation in physiological or biological terms. Also there is no effect on fertility. It is however, a matter of dissatisfaction between partners which can add a lot of strain in the relationship. In very rare cases, the sperm count could be low and fertility treatments may be required.
Some tips and techniques to improve premature ejaculation are as follows:
- With age, most men gradually gain control. While young adults seem to come far too quickly, those in the 30s and 40s are more in control.
- Meditation and Yoga help to manage stress better and therefore prolong erections
- Quitting smoking and alcohol can help in dealing with the problem of premature ejaculation in addition to a host of other problems
- A good amount of sleep (~8 hours) can help rest your brain and perform adequately
- Reduce consumption of caffeine which can improve brain functioning
- A mixture of boiled milk with honey and ginger added can help get rid of premature ejaculation
- Add asparagus root to a glass of boiled milk and drink daily and the results will surprise you
- Eating two to three cloves of garlic can help in keeping the erections longer
- Another great aphrodisiac is saffron, which helps in increasing the sexual drive
- To finely chopped carrots, add one spoon of honey and a half-boiled egg. This helps improve the quality and duration of erections
These are few simple tips and techniques which can be used in managing premature ejaculation. As noted, in most cases, having a partner whom you can confide in is very important. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.