Modern lifestyle is witnessing gifts of technology and simultaneously facing the side effects that come along such as peer pressure, stress, hectic schedules, complexities in life and various other issues that are plaguing the people today in a manifold manner.
They are being forced to succumb to depression, and fight back the same; they are taking pills, anti-depressants, anti-psychotic drugs or other narcotics.
These are proving extremely detrimental by taking a toll on the overall mental and physical health of the humans. One of the main ill-effects of these dangerous drugs is decreased desire or sexual urge, which is also known as Libido.
How drugs affect our physical and social lives?
Anti-depressant drugs have certain chemicals in the composition such as serotonin, melatonin, dopamine, inhibitors, tri-cyclics, etc. that severely affect the emotions of love in both the males and females along with decreasing the sexual push or aggression, thereby degrading the conjugal life of a couple to a large extent. This is indeed a matter of serious concern because ultimately the happiness and health are at stake.
At some point of time, an individual affected by such problems tend to distance away from his or her partner and also isolates from other people. He or she cocoons in a shell and this gives rise to another form of depression.
How Help Can Be Achieved Through Ayurveda in Such Cases?
As each of the symptoms is related to lifestyle issues, therefore, at first it is important to balance these. Ayurveda today has become a very crucial cure in such cases. The specialists are also recommending the use of same in the treatment of libido. The Ayurvedic treatment includes:
- Counselling- Sitting with their patients, giving a patient listening to the problems, counselling them and then advising some hormonal therapy or lifestyle changes.
- Shiro Dhara Panchakarma- This therapy aids in curing stress and depression which ultimately bring back libido.
- Satvavjay Chikitsa- In this form of treatment, the patient is required to stay away from negative thoughts and reinforce the positive thoughts in the brain. Letting go of these thoughts will help the patient stay happy and content which in turn would let you enjoy the intimate moments to the fullest.
- Nasya Treatment- In this treatment, Ayurvedic medicines are taken through the nose as it is assumed that the effect reaches from nose to head thus curing the ailment.
- Shiro Basti Treatment- This is a process of medicated enema for increasing libido. A cap is placed on the head in this treatment.
- Meditation and yoga- These are the best natural therapy for curing libido related problems. Meditating daily for 1 hour can drastically increase the libido level. Also, yoga poses, like Pigeon Pose, bound angel, eagle pose are good for getting back libido. Yoga and meditation are very good for reducing stress level. Thus, by reducing stress level, libido is increased.
- Manasmitra Vataka- This relieves stress in an efficient way, thus increasing libido naturally.
- Swarna Saraswatarishta- This reduces mental fatigue and helps in increasing retention power. Overall, this results in an increased libido.
- Ashwagandharistha- This is good for men as this helps to improve the testosterone level. Testosterone helps in increasing libido. Ayurveda is all about natural and herbal cure with very handy home remedies such as maintaining the correct diet comprising of plenty of water, fruits, onion and garlic, the Mediterranean kind of food, etc. that will help to enhance the sexual desire. Ayurvedic pills for increasing sexual feelings known as libido enhancer pills and other herbal sexual pills are sometimes prescribed to the patients as well, but those must be taken with utmost care and under strict medical guidance.
- Stop Bad Habits- Stopping every form of bad habit like alcohol consumption, and smoking is also essential.
If one wants to come out of such problems, there will always be guidance and assistance to him or her. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.