One amongst many skin disorders, psoriasis affects nearly 2.8% of the Indian population. It is an autoimmune chronic skin condition, which causes rapid increase of skin cells. Due to this rapid build-up of skin cells, the surface of your skin becomes dry, scaly and flaky.
Types of Psoriasis-
- Plaque psoriasis- the most common type of psoriasis that is visible on the elbows, scalp, knees, and lower back. This particular form of psoriasis causes inflamed, red patches on the skin that are covered with silvery scales (plaques).
- Guttate psoriasis- appears on the thighs, legs and arms, trunk
- Inverse psoriasis- affects the skin under breasts, around genitals, armpit and groin
- Pustular psoriasis- affects smaller areas like the fingertips
- Erythrodermic psoriasis- most uncommon type of psoriasis covering the entire body
What triggers Psoriasis?
Psoriasis refers to an autoimmune condition. It occurs when the white blood cells (known as ‘T’ cells), instead of attacking and fighting the invading bacteria, attack your skin cells mistakenly.
Other factors triggering this condition includes-
- Skin infections or strep throat
- Skin injuries
- Alcohol consumption
- Deficiency of vitamin-D
- Certain medications
Psoriasis can also occur as the result of a genetic predisposition.
- Inflamed, red patches on the skin
- Dry, flaky skin prone to bleeding
- Burning, itching sensation around the patches
- Pitted, thick nails
- Swollen joints
- Slivery scales on the red patches
Treating Psoriasis with Homeopathy-
Homeopathy plays a vital role in curing various skin problems including Psoriasis.
- It not only palliates the symptoms of the disease but also particularly aims towards rectifying the underlying cause.
- Homeopathic medicines are prepared from natural substances and extracts of medicinal plants- bark of spurge olive, potassium sulfate etc. The topical creams soothe your skin, reduce itching and inflammation and rejuvenate your skin naturally.
- Homeopathy can work wonders in situations where other conventional methods fail to yield effective results. For instance, certain medications or drugs may result in flare-ups or other adverse effects. But when it comes to Homeopathy, you can rest assured that the remedies are completely safe and long lasting.
In nearly 90% of all skin disorder cases, Homeopathy has shown remarkable results in treating the condition. So if you are looking for a permanent cure, opt for Homeopathic treatment. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!