Pregnancy can take a toll on your body. If you had a nice figure, you might find yourself having a flabby tummy after your child is born. Even if you lose the pregnancy weight, certain areas of your body may still have excess fat.
Mommy makeover is a process that rids you of those worries. The process is aimed at reshaping the body and reducing the excess fat that has accumulated post-pregnancy. This process has gained popularity among women in recent years.
However, the traditional methods of a mommy makeover are time-consuming and include many processes like liposuction, tummy tucking, breast augmentation, and labiaplasty. That is why moms today are opting for nonsurgical mommy makeover methods.
Nonsurgical mommy makeover
A nonsurgical makeover is vastly different from the traditional methods as there are no surgeries. The treatments involved in the process may vary from one woman to another. The common makeover treatments include the following –
• Cool sculpting – This process aims to remove the excess fat from the body, especially the abdomen region. It takes around an hour to treat a particular area of the body. Here two sculpting paddles are placed on the area and gently pulled upwards using light suction. The fat cells are frozen and then destroyed.
• Thermage – This is a laser-based treatment that helps to tighten the undesired loose, sagging skin. This process boosts the production of collagen in the body that tightens your skin.
• Hair removal – Many women find hair growth in unusual areas of their body that did not occur before pregnancy. As taking care of their little ones takes time, they might not have enough time to wax and shave. Laser hair removal can permanently remove unwanted hair from the body.
• Spider vein removal – During pregnancy, many women develop spider veins or varicose veins. Spider vein removal therapy reduces the appearance of these spider veins. Depending on the type of veins and the location in the body, processes like Sclerotherapy are commonly used.
• Stretch marks removal – Stretch marks appear in the abdomen, breasts, thighs, arms and buttocks and slowly fade to grey or white. During the latter half of the pregnancy, these usually appear. They can be removed by many methods such as Tretinoin cream – it helps to build collagen and tone the marks to look like normal skin. Laser therapy is also used to develop more collagen or enhance melanin production, which helps in fading the marks over time. Other methods like Microdermabrasion and Micro needling are also used.
• Scar correction – C-section scars that are observed among women after pregnancy can be removed through a topical gel called Mederma. Curad Scar Therapy Cosmetic Pads are also
used to lighten the redness of the scars.
• Breast sagging correction – After pregnancy, your breasts might sag and lose volume. Enhancement techniques like augmentation or breast lifts will help in restoring size and
shape to the breasts making them look fuller.
• Localised fat correction – Excess fat can be removed using Carboxytherapy where carbon dioxide is injected into the fat area through a very small needle. As a result, the fat cells burst and the liquefied fat is removed naturally from the body. Carbon dioxide stimulates collagen production and increases blood flow.
• Radiofrequency – This is used to break down a part of fat cells and stimulate collagen formation. This helps in making the skin look smoother, reduces stretch marks and fat, and
helps with skin tightening.
• Mesotherapy – This method is performed by injecting small quantities of vitamins, pharmaceuticals, and natural extracts in the skin. This is used for improving sagging skin,
rejuvenating the skin, and reducing fat or cellulite.
Things to keep in mind
Usually, the nonsurgical treatments do not require much recovery time and you can get back to your usual routine quickly. However, the Fraxel laser treatment takes about a week to recover. If you are seriously opting for this procedure, make sure you know all the details beforehand. Talk to your doctor and get to know all the steps you need to take before and after the makeover. It is advised that you go for this procedure after you have decided not to have kids anymore.