Piles - 5 Ways Ayurveda Can Treat It!
Piles or haemorrhoids refer to a condition when the veins of the rectum or the anus get abnormally enlarged and causing significant bleeding and inflammation. Generally, there are two types of piles that are found in the human body. One is internal haemorrhoid which is generally painless and occurs in the inner layer of the anal region. The other is external haemorrhoid which occurs in the external layers of the rectum making it easily visible and extremely painful.
The causes of Haemorrhoids are obesity, a desk-bound lifestyle, untreated chronic gastric conditions like dysentery, diarrhoea, constipation, hereditary factors, pelvic tumours and significant increase in the weight of the uterus at the time of pregnancy.
The symptoms of piles include severe pain in the anal region followed by blood discharge with the faecal materials along with extreme irritability in the particular region and abnormal enlargement around the anal region.
In Ayurvedic treatments, piles are referred to as Arsha Shoola which means extreme painful conditions that resemble needle piercing. However, this intense sensation of pain can be eradicated by Ayurvedic treatments as it concentrates on the elimination of the symptoms.
Some essential Ayurvedic remedies for piles are as follows:
- Haemorrhoid is a medical condition that largely occurs due to a bad digestive system. A prescribed dosage of haritaki and jimikand might help in the overall improvement of your digestive system.
- According to the Ayurvedic scriptures, piles can be treated, if you can maintain a healthy dietary regime that should include amalaki, papaya and jamrul, but not excessive starch-containing foods like potato and pumpkin.
- A mixture containing radish and milk can be applied in the entrance of the anus twice a day to cure piles.
- A juicy extract of mint leaves and ginger along with a pinch of lemon juice and honey can be consumed twice a day to get rid of piles.
- If the bleeding is continuous a prescribed dosage of the herb nagakesara might provide adequate relief.
If you are experiencing any symptoms of piles, it is recommended for you to consult an Ayurveda practitioner about piles ayurvedic treatment. This ensures that proper diagnosis is undertaken so that you can start treating the condition as early as possible.