Know What Your Lunch Should Include!
Dr. Tanju Khurana
90% (60 ratings)
Diploma in Nutrition and Dietitics, Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS), Nutrition & Child Care
15 years experience
Packing a healthy lunch, whether for work or for school, is always a good option if you want to stay fit and healthy. Working for long hours can take a toll on your health. You should eat food items which are low in fats and high in nutrition; try and eat more veggies and fruits. Eating your lunch outside everyday can result in an upset stomach whereas home-made food items are both tasty and healthier.
Here are some food items which you should definitely consider for a healthy you.
- Sandwiches: Cheese and tomato sandwiches are a great source of protein; especially cottage cheese, as it is an awesome low-fat source of protein. Tomato is good for your skin and also prevents cancer. You can also consider a healthier version by swapping mayonnaise with avocado as it is full of healthy monosaturated fats.
- Salads: Salad, especially green salad, is one of the healthiest food items you can pack for lunch. It is simple to make and is a great appetizer as well. You can also add flavour to your salads by adding lots of fruits and vegetables that you like to eat.
- Eggplant Pizza: Instead of having the greasy one, you can make your own vegetarian pizza including your favourite vegetables. You can also opt for whole wheat pita-pocket rather than the heavy pizza dough. And diced eggplant acts as a rich source of fibre and potassium.
- Chicken Wraps: These are one of the best if you are in a rush and want to eat something spicy and healthy. Chicken is also a rich source of protein; you can add some ketchup to lend some extra flavour to your wraps. You can also include frozen corns, lettuce leaves and peas if you want.
- Fruits: If you want to maintain a healthy diet, you should surely include fruits in your lunch. It decreases the appetite for the actual meal. The fructose present in the fruits gives an energy boost and the fibre creates a feeling of fullness. Since most fruits are high on dietary fibres, they help to keep your weight in control.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert
& get answers to your questions!
found this helpful