There are many condiments used for flavoring in Indian cooking. We also have many ingredients that can bring us health benefits. Khus khus or poppy seeds are one of the staple Indian condiments that we use in pulses, curries, and other vegetable preparations. Khus khus or poppy seeds is also known for its varied health benefits that many of us may not be aware of. Read on to know more about the health benefits of poppy seeds or khus khus.
Khus-Khus Seeds Health Benefits
Check out the list of health benefits offered by poppy seeds or khus khus to your health, It helps in digestion, sleepiness, breathing problem, and different pain issues in the body:
- Khus Khus for Constipation: Poppy seeds are known to drive away and prevent constipation. This condiment can also remove gas. These seeds keep your stomach feeling full for a much longer time. It can be added to your food so that you can avoid constipation and other problems like gas and indigestion. This is due to the fact that poppy seeds carry plenty of dietary fibres.
- Khus Khus for Insomnia problem: Khus khus is also a well-known ingredient that can be taken with warm milk and sugar to help in curing sleep disorders like insomnia. This ingredient helps in inducing sleep and is known to be an excellent way in which one can cure sleeplessness. The milk with poppy seeds must be ingested at least an hour before you sleep.
- Poppy Seeds helps Respiratory problems: If you have been suffering from asthma and other respiratory issues for a very long time, then this might just be the cure for you. One can have poppy seeds as this ingredient acts as a decongestant of sorts and helps in keeping the airways and the throat tract clear. It reduces the amount of cough that one may be having, which helps in better management of the respiratory problem being faced.
- Khus Khus Prevent from Radical attacks: Any radical attacks like a sudden spike in one’s cholesterol and blood pressure as well as cardiac arrest can also be prevented with the help of poppy seeds along with a good diet and exercise routine. Poppy seeds are a well-known source of antioxidants and one can have plenty of this in order to avoid coming down with any sudden and serious health issues.
- Benefits of Khus Khus in Kidney stones Problem: With the help of poppy seeds and its antioxidants as well as dietary fibers, it is possible to routinely flush out all those toxins that can otherwise accumulate in your body. These toxins usually give rise to conditions like kidney stones and other related issues. Ingesting poppy seeds on a regular basis can go a long way in avoiding such issues.
- Poppy seeds act as Pain killer: Whatever kind of pain we may be suffering from, and for whatever reason or condition, chewing on poppy seeds can actually help in giving substantial pain relief. Poppy seeds can relieve you of toothaches as well as muscular and neurological pain. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Update From Lybrate: Keep a check on your overall well-being by consuming healthy and delicious products. These Food Products not only soothe your taste buds but also keep you healthy.