Homeopathy has a big role to play in curing and managing joint pains. Usually, joint pains are managed by giving pain killers and anti-inflammatory medicines and there is no permanent cure for them in the allopathic system of medicine. There are also many instances where joint pain symptoms go undiagnosed.
Homeopathy is a symptom- based system of medicine which can help in joint pains of all sorts.
Read on for indicated homeopathic remedies for joint pains-
- Rhus Tox is the number one homoeopathic remedy for joint pains. Your doctor will prescribe it for curing you if your joint pains are extreme after rest and they get better after you start walking around.
- Bryonia Alba is another super effective homoeopathic remedy for joint pains. This medicine is given when your joint pains get worse after moving about and subside after rest. This most often happens in osteoarthritis pains where the joints are eroded and inflamed. Bryonia is also used when there is inflammation around the joints causing swelling.
- Ledum Pal is a great homoeopathic remedy for gout where the small joint of the toe, for example, gets inflamed. Colchicum, and Formica rufa or ‘crushed live ants’ are both excellent for chronic gout and stiffness in joints.
- Causticum is indicated whenever there is a severe tearing pain in limbs and this gets relieved by hot fomentation. Here cold air increases pain.
- Arnica Montana helps treats pain and soreness in the whole body due to diffused joint pains. Arnica is also a great for relieving pain in joints due to an injury.
- Actea Spicata helps when the joints of the hands are affected and especially the wrist joints. Rheumatic pain in small joints of hands and wrist can be treated very well using Actea.
- Chinum Sulph is the most indicated homoeopathic medicine whenever there is sudden onset of joint pains all over the body like in the sudden onset of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Pulsatilla is an excellent homoeopathic remedy for shifting pains in joints. The pains move from one joint to another. Phytolacca is also indicated when there are shifting joint pains but this shifting is very sudden and severe.
- Colchicum is also a great homeopathic remedy for severe joint pains due to rheumatoid arthritis.
- Kali bichromicum can treat muscle pains due to fibrositis which causes pain in small spots.
- Fibromyalgia is another musculo-skeletal disorder that causes diffuse tenderness and pains in the muscles. Remedies such as Rhus tox are very useful in treating it.
Homoeopathic remedies are also very effective in the prevention of rheumatoid arthritis. If you have this disease that causes deformities in joints, running in your family, consult a homoeopath for a good constitutional homoeopathic remedy which will prevent rheumatoid arthritis from developing fully. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!