Life is full of challenges and in order to overcome them, you perform a number of activities. But did you know these activities actually have a great impact on your health and well-being. Further, they not just affect you mentally but they also affect your physical health and relationships.
Here are a few daily things that can hamper your relationship with your partner.
- Stress: Stress has become the most common factor in many couples for a dissatisfied sexual life. A stressful life causes hormonal disturbances in the body which can decrease the sex drive and can cause other dysfunctions like erectile dysfunction, vaginism (involuntary contraction of the vagina due to anxiety) too.
- Alcohol: Occasional drinking is not that harmful but long-term intake of alcohol affects your nervous system which can lead to sexual problems like impotence or infertility in both the partners.
- Smoking: As smoking affects your health it also affects your sexual life. It tends to decrease the sexual drive in men and can lead to erectile dysfunction and infertility as well.
- Sleeplessness: A good sleep boosts the sex drive, but if the sleep is disturbed it can lead to hormonal disturbances and can reduce your sexual urge.
- Lack of Communication: If the communication between you and your partner is not good then it can hamper your sexual life. Don’t feel shy to express your needs. Negotiation can help you to enhance your experience.
- Menstrual cycle: It has been observed that a woman’s libido fluctuates throughout the menstrual cycle, but in most of them it increases during the mid-period (i.e. when the ovulation begins).
- Menopause: In menopause, females can suffer from dryness of vagina or painful intercourse due to a decrease in the level of hormones. Also, it may increase at the time of an orgasm.
- Diet: A healthy diet boosts your sex drive. Where having junk food regularly or more frequently can make you feel lethargic leading to low libido.
- Lack of Exercise: Exercising helps you to maintain your body, it makes you fit physically as well as mentally. It also makes you feel fresh. Exercise is a great way to overcome your stress.
- Medications: Medicines like antidepressants, antihypertensive, etc. affects the libido also it can cause erectile dysfunction in men.
- Time of day: Studies have shown that the time of day can affect the sexual life but it differs. Some like it in the morning and some in the night as the last thing of the day. Even if the schedule doesn’t match you should take out time for your partner.
- Pornography: Watching erotic movies can help you to get in the mood but an excess of this can make you feel less sexually satisfied with your partner.
- Low self-esteem: The person who feels less attractive about himself is the one who avoids engaging in sex. So, it is very important to build a confidence for having a good sex life.
- Diseases: A healthy body boosts the sexual drive whereas people having serious systemic diseases like hypothyroidism, diabetes, anxiety disorders etc. experiences low libido and other dysfunctions too.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!