Black walnuts are one of the best foods to have. They have tonnes of health benefits owing to their multi-utility nutrient source. Not only it can keep a person away from various diseases, it can ensure steady health in an individual. The best part is the fact that black walnut can be used to make multiple yummy dishes.
Here are some of the no-so-known benefits of black walnuts:
- Parasites: Green harvested black walnuts are known to be very useful vermifuge. They serve as a very good treatment for ailment concerning pinworms, hookworms, tapeworms and such other parasites.
- Candida: Overgrowth of Candida is hard to diagnose and can pose a serious threat to health. When Canida overgrowth attacks the intestine, the intestinal wall becomes weak and toxins are being released in the process. The immune system becomes weak and it takes a lot of antibiotics to set things right. A good alternative to the powerful antibiotic is a 3 serving black walnuts. They contain compounds such as the zinc undecylenate, selenium sulfide, astringent tannins, naphthoquinone juglone etc. can make the walls of the intestine favorable and arrest the growth of Candida.
- Antifungal: Black walnut is known to have antifungal properties and is, therefore, used to treat fungal infections leading to conditions such as the ringworm, jock itch and athlete’s foot etc. Black walnut when pasted and applied to the site of the infection can fetch dramatic results within a short time interval.
- Skin conditions: Black walnut is a good fix for many skin conditions. It can successfully address skin conditions such as psoriasis, acne, and eczema. Depending on the seriousness of the skin condition, the tincture can be applied externally or consumed internally.
- Excessive sweat: For people who sweat way too much, black walnut can be their best friend. The presence of high level of astringent tannins in black walnuts can address the sweat gland to ensure that excessive sweat is not produced. Studies have also revealed that black walnut can also help to reduce body odor.
- Diabetes and cardiovascular benefits: A study conducted by the Harvard School of Nutritional Sciences revealed that black walnuts can reduce the LDL cholesterol by a good 4 percent. What’s more, no weight gain is associated with the over-consumption of black walnut. Similarly, their nutritional value can help an individual lower blood pressure, reduce blood sugar level and refrain from cardiovascular diseases.
- Anti-cancer properties: There have been many studies conducted on the effect of black walnut on cancer. Most studies have found that juglone, a compound present in black walnut is capable of kill cancer cells by the process of necrosis and apoptosis. 3 serving daily can fetch rich dividends to cancer patients. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.