Were you looking for ways to biohack your physical, psychological and spiritual areas? Here is all that you were looking for.
Biohacking is not a rocket science but a do-it-yourself phenomenon which refers to bringing in lifestyle changes on your own. All your conscious actions that make your life healthy and happy.
In this article, the focus is to help you bring some changes in mental, physical and spiritual areas. Of course, you need not do all of them in one go. Take it slow and see what helps you and what modifications you need based on your preference. So let’s go one by one from one area to another:
Exercise: Begin your day with exercise. Now that we have a wide range such as aerobics, zumba, yoga, gym, pilates. You may choose the one that interests you the most because if you don’t like it, you procrastinate it all the time. So, go for trials, read, ask your friends, and figure out a way you would like to take it up. It doesn’t have to be at the beginning of your day but anytime you find yourself rocking on the chair for way too long, just stand up and move yourself a little bit. Movement not only keeps you away from feeling tired or lethargic but keeps your brain active.
Play frequently: Go back to reminiscing the good old times, when you would wait for Sundays to go to the park and play. How happy it would make you feel and made you spontaneous. Playing gives you a dopamine rush. And if in case if you were one of those indoor players, don’t worry, instead start looking for your board games or video games. It has amazing benefits such as increasing your concentration levels, enhances problem-solving, kills boredom, improves memory and stimulates the growth of cerebral cortex
Add colours to your meals: Adding colours to meals does not mean adding synthetic colours but a wide variety of veggies, fruits, cereals of different colours and varieties in your meals. Why add colours? The reason is simple, each colour has its own benefits for instance beetroot is rich in iron, similarly, eggplant is rich in potassium.
Moving on to the Psychological Area-
- Stress: Stress can become debilitating when it comes to the cognitive functioning of any individual. It disrupts your functioning, thus it is essential to control stress. You must have experienced high levels of stress at some point in your life. Prolonged states of high stress can sometimes lead to shutting down. Alongside, it has an adverse effect on the other areas as well such as a decrease in sleep, appetite, processing information, memory to name a few. However, if stress is too low, most often one tends to procrastinate, decreases productivity. Therefore, an optimal level of stress enhances your productivity.
- Stop replaying the past: One of the biggest mistakes that you keep doing is replaying the past. When you keep digging into the negative past events and replay it thousand of times, it wounds you. It is essential to pick on the hurts and stop digging deep into them because they will only harm and be of no good to you. Instead, let go of them and reminisce the events from past which gives you happiness and makes you feel better about who you are.
- Positive affirmations: No one will come and tell you that you are doing a good job, you have to take that initiative for yourself because being happy is a do-it-yourself project. And it depends on you how you do it. Make a list of all the good you have done in your day, feel good about yourself. It not only helps in reducing stress but also boosts your self-esteem.
The spiritual area doesn’t necessarily mean being ritualistic or focussing on a particular religion. It can be anything that gives you strength, grounds you and makes you feel high on your energies.
- Meditate: You must be aware of the benefits of meditation on your brain functioning and your body. It helps in healing and aids in gaining emotional balance. It not only provides you the space to relax and rejuvenate but also helps to bring clarity in thoughts, improving communication skills. It is also a great way to gain inner stability. There are many ways you can choose from for meditating such as guided meditation, mindfulness, to name a few.
- Introspect: Everyday spend some time with yourself, you can also start by maintaining a journal. Introspection makes you build a close contact with your conscience which fosters better choices and decision making. Furthermore, helps in broadening your horizon and brings you closer to the centre within you.
- A pinch of gratefulness: The focus on gratefulness is increasing these days because you are forgetting to notice the good that is in and around you but constantly engaging in self-loathing. Just pause for a moment or two and engage in all the things that you have in the here and now. It is one way in which you can grow at a faster rate in all the areas, may it be physical, psychological or spiritual. It cultivates your core and does not take much but just a few minutes of your day.
You have the ability and can choose to transform yourself as many times as you want because you do deserve the best. So, go ahead biohack yourself with some alternatives, you have never tried before.