Urticaria, also known as Hives and Nettle Rash. It is an allergic disorder. It is similar to the rashes that are caused due to touching a nettle plant. This allergic reaction can be caused due to a variety of reasons, thus increasing the difficulty in identifying the exact cause of the allergy. Homeopathic medication has proved to be very efficient in treating urticaria. Some of the best homeopathic remedies include:
- Apis Mellifica: Described as one of the best solutions to urticaria, this medication is commonly prescribed with regard to treatment. The characterising symptoms of this medication is eruptions accompanied by inflammation and sting. It is similar to the sting of a bee where there is redness and swelling. Exposure to heat in any form is intolerable as the eruption are aggravated. The slightest of touch can cause burning or itching and the patient usually remains thirsty.
- Dulcamara: This is a medication that is usually prescribed for Urticaria, caused due to cold air or wet weather or dampness. Consumption of sour food or indefinite diet can cause the eruptions. Even though the skin is often dry, there is redness and itching.
- Natrum Mur: One of the frequently used medicines for urticaria, this medicine is prepared from common salt. It is used in cases where the eruptions are triggered by exposure to the sun, thereby resulting in intense itching. The skin has an oily or greasy feel. Most likely locations of occurrence include margins of hair or bends of joints.
- Ledum Pal: This medication focuses on the eruptions that occur on the legs and feet. There is a possibility of the infection spreading from the lower to the upper regions at a later stage. Increase in itching can result from the warmth of bed or on scratching. Colder conditions provide a soothing sensation
- Astacus Fluviatilis: This is an effective medication that be used to treat, both acute and chronic urticarial forms. Rashes are visible on the entire body and are at an increased sensitiveness to air. It is recommended for liver diseases and liver-related symptoms that are accompanied by urticaria.