Do you have scars on your face? This might be an indication of acne. Acne or acne vulgaris is a condition in which ugly and vulgar scourge appears on your face. Acne leaves scars, which may last lifelong. It is a condition which affects your appearance and self-esteem. Acne is more common in women than in men.
Management of acne
There are several simple methods, which can be followed in the management of acne. Some of them are as follows:
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera gel is a good source of vitamins, which helps acne-affected skin to fade and heal. Aloe vera is gentle and no side effects or irritation to the skin is caused. It is also a good moisturizer and helps in the nourishment of the skin, making it softer and healthier.
- Baking soda: Baking soda is a common item, which is used for treating acne scars. It is made of sodium bicarbonate crystals, which help in the exfoliation of the skin when used in the form of a cleaning scrub. You must obtain a thick paste by mixing baking soda with water and applying it to your skin on the affected area. Pores are cleansed and blemishes are prevented.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil is an effective natural moisturizer with healing properties. You should massage your acne-affected skin with fresh coconut oil and let it get absorbed by your skin. The fatty acids and vitamins present in coconut oil help in making your skin healthier.
- Cucumber: Cucumber is popularly used in several skin treatments. It is a hydrating substance and contains vitamin A, vitamin C and magnesium, which are good for skin health. Cut slices of a cucumber and apply them to your skin surface affected by acne.
- Honey: Honey is an ideal, natural moisturizer which helps in treating acne scars. You should use raw honey and avoid processed honey for this purpose. Simply apply honey on your scars and gently massage it for great results. Mixing ground cinnamon with honey and then applying it to your face also gives clean pores.
- Lemon: Lemon juice is an alpha hydroxyl acid, which is very effective in healing, fading scars and skin revitalization. Squeeze a lemon into a bowl, mix a slight amount of water and apply it to your acne scars using a cotton ball. While following this treatment, abstain from direct sunlight as lemon makes the skin extra sensitive to the UV rays.
Other than these, certain other natural remedies such as potato juice, rose hip seed oil, sugar scrub and enhanced intake of vitamin E are also effective ways of getting rid of acne marks.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!