Your skin is the largest organ of the body that regulates body temperature and prevents the evaporation of bodily fluids to safeguard you against various infections.
Skin damage or injury resulting from burns is discomforting and traumatic. Depending on the intensity of the heat, these injuries can be minor (such as sunburn, contact burn) or can indicate a life-threatening emergency (chemical burns, fire burns, electrical burns).
Ayurvedic Remedies for Burn Scars
Ayurveda offers five simple yet effective remedies to cure burn injuries. Some ayurvedic tips for burning sensation are given below:
- Aloe Vera- In Ayurveda treatment, aloe vera works wonders for any sort of skin injury, especially skin burns. Apply the pulp of Aloe Vera on the burn injury and the surrounding area. It will soothe the burnt skin without leaving dark patches or stains.
- Ghee- Ghee leaves your skin with a cooling sensation. Take barks of Bargad and Pipal trees, mash them into a pulp, add them to plain ghee and apply on the burnt area. Applying medicated ghee on the burns can help heal your injury faster.
- Coconut oil- In Ayurveda, Coconut oil is effective for minor burn injuries. Applying coconut oil before stepping out in the sun prevents sunburn and suntan. You can add a few drops of honey to the coconut oil, and apply the mixture on your injury. Sesame oil can also be used as an alternative to coconut oil.
- Sandalwood powder and turmeric- These have anti-inflammatory properties. Prepare a herbal pack using basic ingredients like powdered sandalwood, turmeric, amla, etc. These ayurvedic powder possess anti-inflammatory, antibacterial properties that heal burn scars, and eases pain. You can also pour in some rose water/milk to the pack to witness better results.
- Cucumber- Cucumber contains nutrients and vitamins that help in the healing of wounds. These are used to cure various skin ailments, including burn injuries. Extract the juice out of cucumber slices. Apply the juice on the affected area, and leave it on for a few minutes. You will soon feel a cooling sensation on the burn site.
Ayurveda also recommends certain changes in the diet to promote quick healing scars. The burn marks become severe when the Bhrajak Pitta residing in your skin becomes aggravated. One should, therefore, stick to a diet that is soothing for such injuries. Spicy, acidic foods should strictly be avoided.
Update From Lybrate: Taking personal care is very important for all of us. It not only keeps us healthy but also away from different types of allergies and infections. Buy Personal Care Products at Lybrate and get discounts, great deals, combo offers, and cashback.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult a specialist
& get answers to your questions!