Mifeprin 200 MG Tablet is used to bring about an abortion in women who have been pregnant for about seven weeks or 50 days. It is used in combination with misoprostol. Mifeprin 200 MG Tablet is also known as RU-486. Mifeprin 200 MG Tablet is a synthetic steroid which functions by interfering with the hormone that helps pregnancy to continue.
On using Mifeprin 200 MG Tablet you may experience some side effects. These reactions include vaginal bleeding, constant feelings of fatigue, chest pain, cough, fever, body sores, difficulty in urination, difficulty in breathing, sweating, diarrhea, anxiety, vomiting, nausea, lightheadedness, increased abdominal pain, paleness, tremors, insomnia, weakness, acidity and indigestion.
Before taking Mifeprin 200 MG Tablet you should have a discussion with your doctor and tell him if you have any of the conditions mentioned below:
The dosage for Mifeprin 200 MG Tablet is prescribed by your doctor depending on your age, weight, overall health and current condition. The usual dose in case of abortion is about 200 mg orally once. From day two or three, the dosage is about 800 mcg every 24 or 48 hours. While taking Mifeprin 200 MG Tablet you are meant to put the tablets in each cheek pouch and keep it there for around half an hour. Should any remnants remain, swallow it with water. After 7 days, you are required to visit your doctor to check if you are still pregnant and also to monitor the quantity and frequency of the bleeding.
The uterine fibroids are one of the most common gynecologic problems, with over 40-50% of women having them at some point in their life. The number and size of the fibroids, the age of onset, associated symptoms like dysfunctional bleeding and pelvic pain will determine the management of fibroid. The following is a series of management measures, starting from the most conservative to the most invasive.
1. Wait and watch: In women who are asymptomatic, it is best to watch them for the development of symptoms without any intervention. Also, in women nearing menopause, it is best to just watch the fibroids as they just shrink once menstruation ceases.
2. Medical therapy: In some women, menstrual cycles could be heavy or irregular and require hormonal replacement. They could also have occasional pain, and so may require painkillers.
3. Noninvasive procedure: MRI-guided focused ultrasound surgery is when the women are inside the MRI scanner and an ultrasonic transducer is used for treatment. The exact location of the fibroids are identified and sound waves are used to destroy the fibroid. Done on an outpatient basis, it is safe and effective.
4. Minimally invasive procedures: Uterine artery embolization is where the arterial supply is cut off to reduce fibroid growth. Myolysis is where laparoscopically heat or cold waves are used to lyse off the fibroids. Endometrial ablation is where the uterine lining is destroyed through high-intensity heat or cold waves.
5. Invasive procedures: Abdominal or Laparoscopic myomectomy is where the fibroids are removed through an abdominal incision or keyhole surgery. If fibroids are extensive and completed family, hysterectomy is the choice of treatment. Given their high incidence, fibroids require management based on symptoms, age, and other considerations as discussed and decided between the patient and the doctor.
There are two methods by which abortion can be done:
Surgical or Medical Abortion for Unwanted Pregnancy
Surgical abortion is preferred if patient desires concurrent tubal ligation or IUCD (CuT) insertion. If a woman fulfills the criteria for selecting either method i.e. before 7 weeks, final choice has to be given to the woman.
Summary of choice between Surgical or Medical abortion in India
Advantages of Medical Abortion
Disadvantages of medical abortion
Advantages of Surgical Abortion
Disadvantages of surgical abortion
It is extremely remarkable to note how homeopathic treatments have gained immense acceptance and recognition in the field of modern-day treatment procedures, offering the most effective and safe medication options. A number of thyroid problems can, in fact, be alleviated with the help of homeopathic remedies, also saving you the trouble of encountering unwanted and unforeseen side effects of the normal prescription drugs. The most common problems pertaining to the thyroid gland are possibly hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism. Both the conditions can be cured with utmost efficacy when the right drugs are prescribed.
Hypothyroidism And Homeopathy
Hypothyroidism is the medical condition wherein the thyroid gland underperforms and produces insufficient amount of hormones required for the normal functioning of the body. The most effective homeopathic remedies for hypothyroidism are:
Hyperthyroidism And Homeopathy
A condition wherein the thyroid gland tends to be overactive and produces more than the requisite level of hormones is usually referred to as a classic case of hyperthyroidism. Homeopathic treatments for this abnormality aim at treating the root causes to achieve best results:
Bloating isn't a medical condition. It doesn't necessarily mean that a person has eaten too much. It can be a case of eating wrong food which has not been digested by the body. Bloating occurs when air and water get trapped inside the stomach or intestine. As a result, the stomach gets swollen well past its normal level.
Culprits of bloating:Bloating can result from a number of cases. Fatty or junk foods are one of the biggest culprits of bloating. It hinders the digestion process and doesn't let the stomach empty on time. Carbohydrates too can cause bloating. Even carbonated drinks can play spoilsport. It creates bubbles in the stomach leading to indigestion and bloating. Some food items related to gas include cauliflower, lettuce, hard candy, beans, Brussels sprouts, broccoli etc. Apart from this, consumption of excessive junk food and soft drinks can lead to bloating.
Steps to avoid bloating: The best way to avoid bloating is to refrain from bloat causing foods as mentioned earlier. If you wear dentures, it should be ensured that it fits properly. There are instances when excess air gets inside the stomach due to an improper fixture of denture leading to bloating. Eating or drinking slowly is another good way of staying away from bloating. When you eat slowly, there are fewer chances of extra air getting inside the stomach. In the case of beverage consumption, avoiding the straw is a good idea. This way the unwanted air cannot make their way inside the tummy and play foul.
Taking a small walk after every meal is another good way of staying away from bloating. This way the gas inside the tummy cannot rise above the surface. The practice of calming technique such as yoga, deep breathing and meditation also goes a long way in giving relief from bloating.
Some home remedies to get rid of bloating include:
Bloating can also be a symptom of other intestinal related problems as well. If the general method of control and measured diet doesn't suffice, it is time to visit a doctor to find the underlying cause of your problem. Doctors perform a series of tests to understand the problem and prescribe the required medicine to control or cure the problem.