Dexona 0.5 MG Tablet
Dexona 0.5 MG Tablet essentially treats nerve pain like trigeminal neuralgia as well as diabetic neuropathy. Moreover, the drug also effectively treats bipolar disorder. Dexona 0.5 MG Tablet functions as an anticonvulsant and decreases the occurrence of abnormal nerve impulses in the brain which can lead to severe reactions like seizures and acute pain.
The effect of the medicine is quite slow and does lead to some side effects; it may take about a couple of weeks or more for your condition to improve. The medicine should be taken as prescribed, as directions of the doctor should be adhered to strictly.
Before starting the drug make sure to give your doctor detailed information about any existing health issues and allergies. Before taking this medication to inform the doctor, if you are or suffer from:
- Heart problems
- Thyroid issues
- Mental illness
- Kidney problem
- Pregnant or going to become pregnant
If you are on the drug during your pregnancy make sure to clearly follow the doctor’s instructions on dosage and consumption. Do not stop the drug or increase dosage without the doctor’s advice as it can cause severe complications for the baby.
Dexona tablet is used to treat the following problems:
Bone Marrow Suppression
How long is the duration of effect?The effect of this medicine lasts for an average duration of 2 to 3 days
What is the onset of action?The peak effect of this medicine can be observed in 4.5 hours for immediate-release tablets, 3 to 12 hours for extended-release tablets and 1.5 hours for oral suspension.
Are there any pregnancy warnings?Pregnant women should avoid consumption of this medicine without proper doctor consultation.
Is it habit forming?No habit forming tendency has been reported.
Are there any breast-feeding warnings?This medicine is given to a breastfeeding mother only if it is clearly needed or there are no safer alternatives available. Some side-effects like discoloration of eyes and skin, drowsiness and weight gain should be monitored closely.
Is It safe with alcohol?It id found to be unsafe when taken with alcohol.
Is it safe to drive while on this medicine?It might cause side effects that could affect the alertness of the patient. Hence affect the ability of the patient. If the patient is taking this medicine, driving must be avoided.
Does this affect kidney function?Limited data is available. Adjustment of dose may not be needed. Kindly consult your doctor before taking this medication.
Does this affect liver function?Caution must be taken in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment might be needed. Kindly consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
Below is the list of medicines, which have the same composition, strength and form as Dexona 0.5 MG Tablet , and hence can be used as its substitute.
Are there any missed dose instructions?If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it’s almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not double your dose to make up for the missed dose.
Are there any overdose instructions?Seek emergency medical treatment or contact the doctor in case of an overdose.
Dexona 0.5 MG Tablet belongs to the class anticonvulsant. It works by reducing the excitation of the brain cells by inhibiting the sodium channels thus inhibits the repetitive firing of brain cells.
Whenever you take more than one medicine, or mix it with certain foods or beverages, you"re at risk of a drug interaction.
Interaction with Alcohol
Interaction with Medicine
- Diltiazem: Diltiazem may increase the concentration of it. Inform the doctor if you are receiving these medicines. Any symptoms of dizziness, confusion, headache should be reported to the doctor. Suitable dose adjustments or an alternate medicine should be considered based on the clinical condition.
- Ethinyl Estradiol: The desired effect of contraceptive pills will not be achieved if these medicines are used together. Appropriate dose adjustments or replacement of the medicine should be made under the doctor's supervision.
- Azole antifungal agents: It may decrease the concentration of ketoconazole and itraconazole. Inform the doctor if you are receiving these medicines. Any symptoms of nausea, visual disturbances should be reported to the doctor. Suitable dose adjustments or an alternate medicine should be considered based on the clinical condition.
Interaction with Disease
- Depression: This medication should be given with caution in the patients with depression and suicidal thoughts. Frequent monitoring of depression symptoms is necessary. Dose adjustments are to be made based on the outcomes in the patient.
- Liver Disease: This medication should be used with caution in patients with mild to moderate liver disease. Frequent monitoring of liver function tests is necessary. Suitable dose adjustments or an alternate medicine should be considered based on the clinical condition.
Ques: What is Dexona 0 5 mg Tablet?
Ques: What is the side effects of Dexona 0 5 mg Tablet?
Ques: Is Dexona Tablet safe to use when pregnant?
Ques: Is Dexona Tablet safe while breastfeeding?
Ques: Can Dexona Tablet be used for dermatologic diseases and allergic conditions?
Ques: How long do I need to use Dexona Tablet before I see improvement of my conditions?
Ques: Should I use Dexona Tablet empty stomach, before food or after food?
Ques: Is this medicine or product addictive or habit forming?
Carbamazepine- Drug Information Portal [Internet]. druginfo.nlm.nih.gov. 2019 [Cited 27 April 2019]. Available from:https://druginfo.nlm.nih.gov/drugportal/name/carbamazepine
CARBAMAZEPINE- carbamazepine tablet- Daily Med [Internet]. dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2008. [Cited 27 April 2019]. Available from:https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?setid=c13bc0b8-7900-4ef4-98ed-e1315a08d95d
Carbamazepine- DrugBank [Internet]. Drugbank.ca. 2019 [Cited 27 April 2019]. Available from:https://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB00564
Lybrate is a medium to provide our audience with the common information on medicines and does not guarantee its accuracy or exhaustiveness. Even if there is no mention of a warning for any drug or combination, it never means that we are claiming that the drug or combination is safe for consumption without any proper consultation with an expert.
Lybrate does not take responsibility for any aspect of medicines or treatments. If you have any doubts about your medication, we strongly recommend you to see a doctor immediately.